Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Applied: 7/17/2017
Approved: 8/2/2017
Interview: REQUIRED (first available app't was nearly 2 months out)
New card arrived: TBD
Keep checking daily, especially when HNL Global Entry office is open. Cancellation occurs frequently. Some locations are six months out or no appointment available at all.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by gooselee
Interview took even less time than the original. I think I was sitting in the chair for all of 3 minutes. CBP officer took a new photo and fingerprints. Asked for my old GE card but I didn't have it (and it's valid for another few months), and he told me to just shred it after I receive my new one.

Got the approval email about 30 seconds after I walked out the door. New card has not arrived in the mail yet, but it's been less than a week.

As an aside, while I was signing in, heard one CBP officer mention to the other who was manning the front desk that they had lots of appointments and should stop allowing walk-ins for the day. I asked since I was standing there, and she said that they'll try to squeeze in walk-ins for GE applications if they can, but really the walk-in service is supposed to be for document updates like new passports, visas, etc.

YMMV, I guess - this was the ATL off-airport location.
Final result:

Applied: 7/3
Conditional Approval: 7/7
Interview: 8/12
Email received: <2 min after interview
New card received: 8/18
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:37 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent question about listing countries visited on a GE renewal application was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:42 am

On the new web site, when I click renew, the first page boilerplate, before I fill anything out, says I'll need an interview. Is this automatic?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by richarddd
On the new web site, when I click renew, the first page boilerplate, before I fill anything out, says I'll need an interview. Is this automatic?
Upon processing of your renewal application, you will be notified if an interview is required or not.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
Upon processing of your renewal application, you will be notified if an interview is required or not.
That's what I always thought.

Is the initial statement that an interview is required just boilerplate that everyone now sees on the new site?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by richarddd
That's what I always thought.

Is the initial statement that an interview is required just boilerplate that everyone now sees on the new site?
Let us know if you get renewed without interview!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA
GOES renewal conditionally approved, can I still use GOES?

I currently have the GOES membership, and the renewal was conditionally approved and interview was scheduled. I have an upcoming intentional trip before the interview date, can I still use Global entry? Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by mike_L
I currently have the GOES membership, and the renewal was conditionally approved and interview was scheduled. I have an upcoming intentional trip before the interview date, can I still use Global entry? Thanks.
Do you have Global Entry? GOES is the website, now replaced by TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website -Info, Help, Bugs & Glitches.

If your Global Entry is still valid, you should be able to use Global Entry kiosks upon your return to U.S. Here is Global Entry renewal main thread Global Entry Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

Assuming that your question is about Global Entry renewal, not the GOES (global online enrollment system) website, I merged your question into the relevant thread. Please PM me if I'm wrong.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Applied: 10/15/2017
Approved: 10/19/2017
Interview: Not required
New card arrived: 10/25/2017

Approval letter came from EWR office, where I originally interviewed.

Last edited by Calcifer; Oct 25, 2017 at 7:08 am Reason: Add card arrival date
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
The conditional approval applies only to your RENEWAL. Your current Global Entry membership is still valid until the expiration date.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
The conditional approval applies only to your RENEWAL. Your current Global Entry membership is still valid until the expiration date.
Thanks.

Got back with the conditionally approved renewal without an any issues. Also squeezed the interview while transferring and got the renewal approved.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Are there any advantages or disadvantages to applying early for renewal? My ge expires on my birthday , November, 2018. Was thinking about applying sometime later this month after my bday.are there any drawbacks to doing this?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Juanefny
Are there any advantages or disadvantages to applying early for renewal? My ge expires on my birthday , November, 2018. Was thinking about applying sometime later this month after my bday.are there any drawbacks to doing this?
Your renewal will start when your current membership expires. So I would apply for renewal at a time of your convenience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.