Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by aglp2k
My GE is coming up for renewal in few months. Would I be able to add NEXUS at renewal time or do I have I have to start a new application?
New application for NEXUS.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I got an email a day or two ago that my application had been updated. I logged on, and it said "Approved" so I don't need to schedule another interview. There was an accompanying letter saying my membership now expires on my birthday in 2022. ^
Isn't that more than five years?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:34 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm the same way. Renewed in year 4 of membership.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:45 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Global Entry expires five years after one's next birthday following its approval. Dependent on the timing of the initial application or the renewal, it can be valid for five years and 364 days.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by dhuey
I put in for the renewal today. We'll see if travel that includes Lebanon, Israel, UAE and China warrants an interview. I suspect it will. Otherwise, no changes in my application from last time.

BTW, I was surprised that Hong Kong wasn't listed separately. I went there; never been to mainland China.
Pleasant surprise today: Global Entry membership renewed with no interview requirement. (I applied for renewal on Aug. 30.) I guessed that my travel to the Middle East would have triggered an interview, but I am glad to have guessed wrong.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Global Entry expires five years after one's next birthday following its approval. Dependent on the timing of the initial application or the renewal, it can be valid for five years and 364 days.
I got lucky. Got approved less than 1 month after my birthday. 5.9 years for me.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do you get to keep PreCheck KTN again if you don't reapply for GE?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are you asking if you can still use the Known Traveler Number to get Pre Check after Global Entry expires? If so, I don't think so.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
If you had one from Precheck before and it's still valid, yes. However your GE KTN is np longer valid and thus no Precheck based on it. Actually entering a non-active KTN is likely to get you SSSS.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Data point for current turnaround time: renewed 9/19, approved 9/24
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by jeebus
Data point for current turnaround time: renewed 9/19, approved 9/24
Thank you for sharing. Was your approval a conditional or final approval without an interview?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Thank you for sharing. Was your approval a conditional or final approval without an interview?
It was a final approval without need for an interview. I had a change in address, change in jobs, but otherwise nothing really questionable in my travel history (other than China perhaps, which was really HKG).
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: Status Free
That's good to hear. I applied for renewal on 9/20. Only change is retirement, so I hope I get approved without interview. Otherwise, it's a day trip to Charlotte for me. I'll report back on my outcome.

edited to add: approved without interview on 9/26

Last edited by ediemac1; Sep 26, 2016 at 7:05 am Reason: Add additional info
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Submitted for my and my wife's GE renewal two days ago. Was waiting until I received the CSR so I could get one of the fees covered. Hers expires end of Nov and mine expires in Feb. Application process was fairly easy, but we have moved and my wife has changed jobs, so that added some time to the app process. List of countries in the last 5 years was:
CHINA
DENMARK
GERMANY
NEW ZEALAND
SINGAPORE
SOUTH AFRICA
THAILAND
TURKEY
ZAMBIA
ZIMBABWE
INDONESIA
CAMBODIA

We'll see how this goes. Really hoping to not have to trek out to LAX again (though I know there is now a place at Long Beach as well, the port I think)

Never received any X's. Used it about 5 times each.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Submitted for my and my wife's GE renewal two days ago. Was waiting until I received the CSR so I could get one of the fees covered. Hers expires end of Nov and mine expires in Feb. Application process was fairly easy, but we have moved and my wife has changed jobs, so that added some time to the app process. List of countries in the last 5 years was:
CHINA
DENMARK
GERMANY
NEW ZEALAND
SINGAPORE
SOUTH AFRICA
THAILAND
TURKEY
ZAMBIA
ZIMBABWE
INDONESIA
CAMBODIA

We'll see how this goes. Really hoping to not have to trek out to LAX again (though I know there is now a place at Long Beach as well, the port I think)

Never received any X's. Used it about 5 times each.
Update. Got an email yesterday that my application status was updated. Checked and I've been approved thru 2022. Went to check my wife's and unfortunately she is Conditionally Approved and needs to schedule an appt. My guess is because she changed jobs.

However, interview slots are impossible. If I check LAX it just says none are available. Doesn't show me a calendar or allow me to look out into the future - just none are available. Checked Long Beach and there are a dates showing as available there, but if you click on the date, there aren't any actual appt times listed as available. So this is going to be fun.... She expires at the end of November. Won't be travelling internationally in the immediate future, but do want to keep her PreCheck active for XMas time.

Edit:
Now Long Beach is saying no available slots with no calendar. LAX will give me a calendar but nothing for the next 6 months....

Last edited by jasonvr; Oct 6, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.