Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by United747
I read that sometimes after you schedule the interview, they will approve you without having to go in.
Crossing my fingers!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:46 pm

Renewed mine in May 2016, interview scheduled for today Aug 30th. Still have not received any kind of notice that I don't need to go in. Husband renewed a few weeks ago and got his approval and new trusted traveler card yesterday.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I put in for the renewal today. We'll see if travel that includes Lebanon, Israel, UAE and China warrants an interview. I suspect it will. Otherwise, no changes in my application from last time.

BTW, I was surprised that Hong Kong wasn't listed separately. I went there; never been to mainland China.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM
For folks who are due for renewal soon, you may want to consider applying for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card (see lengthy thread in the Chase credit cards forum). The card has rich travel benefits including reimbursement for the $100 Global Entry fee. Other cards offer this perk too, but this particular card has created a lot of excitement around its generous signup bonus.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SuperDudley
Renewed mine in May 2016, interview scheduled for today Aug 30th. Still have not received any kind of notice that I don't need to go in. Husband renewed a few weeks ago and got his approval and new trusted traveler card yesterday.
My renewal letter without interview came in place of the conditional approval letter. If you're conditionally approved and instructed to schedule an interview, I wouldn't expect to later receive a notice that the interview isn't necessary.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by SuperDudley
How'd it go?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeebus
For folks who are due for renewal soon, you may want to consider applying for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card (see lengthy thread in the Chase credit cards forum). The card has rich travel benefits including reimbursement for the $100 Global Entry fee. Other cards offer this perk too, but this particular card has created a lot of excitement around its generous signup bonus.
I used my new CSR for the renewal, and the $100 credit posted the next day.

Still waiting for my application to leave "Pending Review" status. It's been about 5 days now. I only traveled to a bunch of Western European countries and Peru, so I'm hoping they won't require another interview.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I used my new CSR for the renewal, and the $100 credit posted the next day.

Still waiting for my application to leave "Pending Review" status. It's been about 5 days now. I only traveled to a bunch of Western European countries and Peru, so I'm hoping they won't require another interview.
When you renewed, did you have to use a Chase link, or did you renew directly through the GE website and simply charge it to CSR?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy
How'd it go?
I had to go through it all over again, including providing my fingerprints. I told them that my husband received an automatic renewal and they were pretty surprised to hear that. Maybe it's a new change.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:11 pm

Used my Citi Prestige for this. No credit yet. Been a few weeks.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeebus
When you renewed, did you have to use a Chase link, or did you renew directly through the GE website and simply charge it to CSR?
You can only renew through GOES. Just charge the fee to the card and the refund posted the next day.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:58 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Please discuss credit card benefits, including reimbursement of the various Trusted Travelers programs application fees, in the credit card forums.

Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Renewal interview was really fast and painless today at LAX. Showed up 15 min early and was done in ~5 min (nobody else was there). Did fingerprints, reminder about the GE card, and that was about it. I was out so fast, I didn't even have to pay for parking.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got an email a day or two ago that my application had been updated. I logged on, and it said "Approved" so I don't need to schedule another interview. There was an accompanying letter saying my membership now expires on my birthday in 2022. ^
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
My GE is coming up for renewal in few months. Would I be able to add NEXUS at renewal time or do I have I have to start a new application?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.