Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 24, 12, 8:18 pm   #16
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr View Post
However, it would be nice to know what the is OP's current status re GE.
Follow-up is always a nice thing from an OP.
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 2:02 pm   #17

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Plat, Marriott Plat
sry for lack of follow-up. Not been on the site for a while. I have finally (after burying my head in the sand for almost a year), started the procedure with the Ombudsman.

One other item that may have caused this was that I had changed jobs at one point. Perhaps they did a background check at some point after the fact and my job addresses / names did not match my original application. Still an unknown. Will revert back later.
dunkie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 2:32 pm   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkie26 View Post
One other item that may have caused this was that I had changed jobs at one point. Perhaps they did a background check at some point after the fact and my job addresses / names did not match my original application. Still an unknown. Will revert back later.
I am also quite curious of what you find out, because my membership was also mysteriously revoked, and I also had a change of address of my employment since the original application. In my case I am with the same company but the physical address changed (facility was shut down and moved to another city). I couldn't figure out how to update the address online. One would think that GE would tell us if the revocation was because of such a simple paperwork reason. Or if it's not the address thing, they must know something about me that I don't know about me.
flyingpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 3:06 pm   #19

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Plat, Marriott Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpolarbear View Post
.... Or if it's not the address thing, they must know something about me that I don't know about me.
I feel exactly the same. I know that I am clean, in all areas I can possibly think of, yet somewhere, something is disconnected. Maybe something to do with my extensive global travel, address change, some algorithm of risk, who knows, but I intend to get to the bottom of this, possibly get a lawyer.
dunkie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 13, 4:51 pm   #20
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing
One of the reasons that DHS/CBP is looking to bring in private contractors to get further involved in this "trusted traveler" nonsense: additional background checks/background check backlogs.
Old Jun 18, 13, 7:15 am   #21

Programs: Delta Kpyptonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
One of the reasons that DHS/CBP is looking to bring in private contractors to get further involved in this "trusted traveler" nonsense: additional background checks/background check backlogs.
Along those lines, I heard Edward Snowden was going to be doing GE interviews at HKG!
rubesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 3:21 pm   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubesl View Post
Along those lines, I heard Edward Snowden was going to be doing GE interviews at HKG!

If only he actually knew and released more than was already shared here. Hopefully he got a lot of frequent flyer miles too.
Old Jun 19, 13, 6:09 am   #23

I recently spent a few weeks at Point Roberts, Washington. Point Roberts is a US exclave in the middle of British Columbia. To get there from the mainland US, you have to drive for close to an hour through Canada. I learned when I was there that US CBP had recently starting giving this group some flexibility on Nexus applications. Some minor customs violations (e.g. old non-commercial agriculture violations) were being overlooked. Additionally, old US drunk drivings with the appropriate Canadian waivers were getting the ok in some situations. Apparently residents in Lake in the Woods, MN and Campobello Island, NB were also getting this treatment. If this is true, this may be a slight crack in the door.
Dubai Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 13, 11:06 am   #24

I was just revoked for GE as well. Here's my story:

Applied and received GE last year. In 2010 I was arrested and given supervision for DUI (I do not have a conviction). CBP was fully aware of this and admitted me after I supplied official court documentation showing the judgement.

Applied for NEXUS a few months ago and got an interview. Towards the end a CBP officer asked for additional documentation which I provided (same documentation I gave during the GE process). Never the less, my NEXUS was denied and subsequently GE was revoked.

Anyone have a similar experience? Tips/suggestions?
Townshend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 13, 12:13 pm   #25

Programs: UA Silver; WN A-List; ICHG Gold; National Executive
"Does not meet program strict standards for membership."

The same nebulous reason they give everyone who is denied or revoked. If you try to find out the exact reason why, they will probably tell you that they cannot release information obtained from 3rd parties, i.e. background checks. That is what happened to me.
Good luck....
rwmiller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 13, 4:44 pm   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmiller56 View Post
"Does not meet program strict standards for membership."

The same nebulous reason they give everyone who is denied or revoked. If you try to find out the exact reason why, they will probably tell you that they cannot release information obtained from 3rd parties, i.e. background checks. That is what happened to me.
Good luck....
The NEXUS denial did give a more exact reason:

You have been convicted and/or arrested for a criminal offense
Old Oct 10, 13, 10:27 pm   #27

Programs: AI Silver, OZ Diamond Plus, A3 Gold, UA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townshend View Post
The NEXUS denial did give a more exact reason:

You have been convicted and/or arrested for a criminal offense
Canadians have big issues with DUIs. Even if the CBP was ok with the documentation, if Canada rejected the NEXUS application, you are ineligible for CBP trusted travelers programs.
Old Oct 10, 13, 10:55 pm   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL View Post
Canadians have big issues with DUIs. Even if the CBP was ok with the documentation, if Canada rejected the NEXUS application, you are ineligible for CBP trusted travelers programs.
Canada accepted me with open arms, US rejected me even though I've already been accepted into GE. Go figure?
Old Oct 14, 13, 3:48 pm   #29

Has anyone here who had GE revoked continued to use their GE number as the Known Traveler number in airline reservations for PreCheck purposes? How is that working out?

That and those conditionally approved for GE but who haven't completed the enrollment process would have been given GE Program Membership numbers that could be entered into the Known Traveler fields of airline reservations for PreCheck purposes. I am curious how that is working too.