Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Interview...time required?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Interview...time required?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: WFBF
I did mine on Friday, at the center in DC. The most time-consuming part of the process was finding the GE office inside the building; took less than 10 minutes to get called in once I was there, and about the same to complete the interview and fingerprinting. Flew back home today (took an extended Valentine's weekend) with Pre.

For those who may be taking the same route: get dropped off at the Reagan building, notice all the doors with signs saying you can't use them, walk around until you see the covered walkway behind the restaurant. There'll be a door in the covered walkway that you can use. Go in, get metal-detected, then head left down the long hallway to the next metal-detector station. Past that, take another left, past the reception desk, and the GE office is on the left.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
I did mine this afternoon at the center at the Ronald Reagan Building in DC. It took me longer to find the office than it did to get processed (wish I'd seen ubernostrum's directions first!). There was no line and I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. I hadn't even made it back to the Metro station when the approval e-mail came through.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:14 am

Approved

Application sent Feb 2
Conditional approval Feb 10
No interviews in HNL until Mid March, but flying through IAH Mid Feb so I scheduled my interview there in Terminal E.

For the 1st time in years all my flights were early,so I arrived in IAH about 1.5 hours before my interview time, so I found office and though I'd give it a try to see if I could get in early.
1 couple walking out, and 1 person watching video. I asked CBP officer if he could see me early . He looked threw his computer and said to have a seat in waiting area and if the scheduled people don't show In next few minutes he'd take me..
A few minutes later he asked me for my letter,passport,and ID and went into his computer .then he asked me to come sit down..

I had posted earlier ,I was worried about a few"incidences" 25+ years but included ..couple of misdemeanors ,and a DWI all in the 80's....

He asked me if I had ever been arrested,I said yes and told him details , and he laughed..me too because it is funny college prank story, that does not show up so funny on record...he told me usually 1 maybe 2 misdemeanors and chances were 50/50 approval.
It all depended on my fingerprint run with FBI..he took my photo,and did my fingerprints and said here we go............. A minute later he looked at screen,looked at me and said,"are you sure you have been arrested?"

I said 100% yes...he looked at screen again and said nothing is coming up on you...he said that is good but he had to call superior ...phoned superior ,he looked at it , told my CBP officer to run my SS number ,full name and birthdate too...
The officer asked me if I had ever been in Indiana, I said absolutely not, and he said OK there is just another name coming up using name and BD but SS not match ...so nothing came up and superior said I am good to go...
He told me to sit down and watch video, and before video is finished I get confirmation email...CBP asked me if I had any questions ,I said no ,he said you are approved have a great day....15 minutes total.....
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by kitie carson
...flying through IAH Mid Feb so I scheduled my interview there in Terminal E...
CBP asked me if I had any questions ,I said no ,he said you are approved have a great day....15 minutes total.....
Grats! With all of that and only 15 mins, that's fast!

I'm also going to IAH Term E in 2 days. Is it pretty easy to find? Anything tricky I should know?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:18 am
Community Director Emerita

I just renewed at the Otay Mesa Sentri office. This is one of the border crossings between San Diego and Tijuana. We had to wait 45 minutes beyond our scheduled time for our appointment. Then, despite it being a renewal, the interview took more than one hour. We were told there is no such thing as a renewal, that it was the same as the first time applying. We got our approval the next day.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Grats! With all of that and only 15 mins, that's fast!

I'm also going to IAH Term E in 2 days. Is it pretty easy to find? Anything tricky I should know?
I actually had to ask a United Customer Service rep...

I arrived in Terminal C Terminal E is connected but as soon as I got to E I did not see Ruby's so I asked..Turns out you walk a little ways into E and take a Left at Ramp headed to Terminal D and you will see Ruby's straight ahead. CBP office is on right before you get to Ruby's ..small office clearly marked.

Not a lot of traffic my day, also no one else came in during my whole time until I was walking out.

My CBP officer was pretty laid back, asked me about living in Hawaii, and like I said, he cracked up when I told him what happened in the 80's to me..My fault I know, but Live and Learn..
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:13 pm

I actually had to ask a United Customer Service rep...

I arrived in Terminal C Terminal E is connected but as soon as I got to E I did not see Ruby's so I asked..Turns out you walk a little ways into E and take a Left at Ramp headed to Terminal D and you will see Ruby's straight ahead. CBP office is on right before you get to Ruby's ..small office clearly marked.

Not a lot of traffic my day, also no one else came in during my whole time until I was walking out.

My CBP officer was pretty laid back, asked me about living in Hawaii, and like I said, he cracked up when I told him what happened in the 80's to me..My fault I know, but Live and Learn..
Good to know, thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just renewed at the Otay Mesa Sentri office. This is one of the border crossings between San Diego and Tijuana. We had to wait 45 minutes beyond our scheduled time for our appointment. Then, despite it being a renewal, the interview took more than one hour. We were told there is no such thing as a renewal, that it was the same as the first time applying. We got our approval the next day.
1K, my wife and I would like to apply but I wanted to confirm that scheduling the interview at the Otay office for first-timers is possible. Once we are conditionally approved is the M.O. to then contact the Otay office via phone (since it's not on the GE website) to schedule? Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:19 pm

...flying through IAH Mid Feb so I scheduled my interview there in Terminal E.
This may be a silly question but do I get my luggage first (large) or do I do the interview first then go get my luggage?

I land at 6pm and my interview is at 6:40pm. It doesn't say what gate or terminal I land at yet.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
This may be a silly question but do I get my luggage first (large) or do I do the interview first then go get my luggage?

I land at 6pm and my interview is at 6:40pm. It doesn't say what gate or terminal I land at yet.
Is IAH you final destination? If it is you would need to do the interview 1st since the CBP office in Terminal E is in the secure area of the airport(ie. past security)
But I believe there is another CBP office at IAH that you can do without clearing TsA...
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:43 pm

Is IAH you final destination? If it is you would need to do the interview 1st since the CBP office in Terminal E is in the secure area of the airport(ie. past security)
But I believe there is another CBP office at IAH that you can do without clearing TsA...
IAH is my final destination. I would've left my GE documents in my luggage had i not known! Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: GlobalEntry, TSA Pre✓
Just had my interview @ LAX today (its inside the TBI terminal, very easy to find just as you walk into the building make a uturn, its between the 2 main entrances).

The interview was hardly that, they just confirmed the info I had put into the website, took my picture, and my fingerprints and that was it. Maybe took 10 minutes tops?

What is this video you speak of?

ps. I was applying for Global Entry
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by pixitha
Just had my interview @ LAX today (its inside the TBI terminal, very easy to find just as you walk into the building make a uturn, its between the 2 main entrances).

The interview was hardly that, they just confirmed the info I had put into the website, took my picture, and my fingerprints and that was it. Maybe took 10 minutes tops?

What is this video you speak of?

ps. I was applying for Global Entry
It was a video on how to use the Global Kiosk....did they show you "live"?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: GlobalEntry, TSA Pre✓
It was a video on how to use the Global Kiosk....did they show you "live"?
Actually no, I think they were in a hurry as there was a line of appointments waiting to be seen.....

I'm sure the kiosk is easy enough? *chuckle*
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: UA1K
Post Questions About Global Entry Interview Process (Moved from UA Forum)

got a GE interview this week at IAD...how long do they generally take?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.