Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Green Card holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry for Green Card holders

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:46 am

I have green card and got denied. The only response: You do not meet the program eligibility requirements. Nothing else.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:31 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eastbiz
I have green card and got denied. The only response: You do not meet the program eligibility requirements. Nothing else.
Do you have a criminal record?

What is your country of citizenship?

Have you ever recieved a fine from Customs?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
Do I need an appointment to get the CBP sticker?
No.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:40 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
I don't have a GE card (I do have a Nexus card).

I use my passport in the machine at US entry.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by puddinhead
I don't have a GE card (I do have a Nexus card).

I use my passport in the machine at US entry.
The previous poster meant that his green card has expired.

I would say that he has vastly bigger problems traveling internationally with an expired green card. Some airlines might not let him board.

If you are a green card holder using your passport in the GE kiosk, then that is against policy.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:34 pm
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by mre5765
The previous poster meant that his green card has expired.

I would say that he has vastly bigger problems traveling internationally with an expired green card. Some airlines might not let him board.

If you are a green card holder using your passport in the GE kiosk, then that is against policy.
It is true - I had huge issues with AF in CDG, with DL staff at HND, and KL in AMS. I am truly amazed on how the U.S. authorities deal with that "issue": I am supposed to show a sheet of paper that does not even bear a stamp or signature as "proof" for my non-expired GC with it's expired physical representation.

It is also true that I cannot use my passport. Although the CBP sticker is put in there, the machine won't let me in. All in all a very frustrating experience.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:36 pm

We just arrived in Miami and tried to use GE for the first time (we both have Nexus which worked fine coming from Canada). My wife is Canadian and US permanent resident. The kiosk wouldn't work with her Canadian Passport and there didn't seem to be a slot to try her 'green card'. How do you use the kiosk with a green card?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: AADULtArer
d how the system worked and we discussed the food issue (GE does not allow for any food regular lines allow food if it is on the allowed list ie Cookies are allowed meat is not.)
Customs and immigration requirements for GE members are identical to those of non-members. The process for clearing these requirements is different. The tricky part is when you have something you aren't sure you should declare, since violations can result in getting kicked out...
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Originally Posted by gargoyle999
We just arrived in Miami and tried to use GE for the first time (we both have Nexus which worked fine coming from Canada). My wife is Canadian and US permanent resident. The kiosk wouldn't work with her Canadian Passport and there didn't seem to be a slot to try her 'green card'. How do you use the kiosk with a green card?
You have to put your GC on the scanner where your passport goes. It goes in the top right corner of the scanner. I forget the orientation of the GC and which side you put face down. You can ask a CBP officer which way it goes. This does work because Mrs OrlandoFlyer has the same issue as your wife - a GCm a non USA passport and GE.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gargoyle999
The same slot for passport is used for a green card. Look at a passport page where all those <<<< and >>>> signs are. Note how you insert the passport so that the reader can read those signs. Now look at her green card. Same signs. You orient her green card so that its length edge enters the reader so that the signs go first. Just pretend the green card is miniature passport and then it all makes sense.

She should go the nearest global entry enrollment office and request a lesson. She should have been given that lesson at the time of her interview.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Customs and immigration requirements for GE members are identical to those of non-members. The process for clearing these requirements is different. The tricky part is when you have something you aren't sure you should declare, since violations can result in getting kicked out...
The food item question on a GE kiosk differs from the food item question on the customs landing card. Thus customs requirements are different.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
The food item question on a GE kiosk differs from the food item question on the customs landing card. Thus customs requirements are different.
Both GE members and regular travelers are required to follow the same food requirements. GE members are simply allowed to use their own discretion when classifying the food they carry as permissible, hence the more specific question. CBP does not want regular travelers to make such determinations, so they require disclosure of all food on the 6059B.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 14940674
Both GE members and regular travelers are required to follow the same food requirements. GE members are simply allowed to use their own discretion when classifying the food they carry as permissible, hence the more specific question. CBP does not want regular travelers to make such determinations, so they require disclosure of all food on the 6059B.
False. The way the kiosk asks the question, there are food items that would be declared in a non GE entry that are not declared in a GE entry.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
False. The way the kiosk asks the question, there are food items that would be declared in a non GE entry that are not declared in a GE entry.
Yes, but once the regular traveler declares those items that a GE member would not have to declare, the CBP officer will tell the regular traveler that those items are permitted.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Global Entry
Post Green card holder conditionally approved

My wife is a green card holder and she was conditionally approved (and me too) and we are awaiting the interview to finalize it hopefully without too much trouble. I will post how the interview went and whether the green card holder interview was different from my interview as I am an American citizen. I hope we can do the interview together even though we are not able to schedule it together as the GOES site only allow one applicant per appointment time slot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.