Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:25 pm

Applied: January 19th, 2016
Conditionally Approved: January 21, 2016
First available appointment at home airport (LAX): March 2016
Checked back and was able to reschedule for January 29th.
Approved: January 29th, 2016 (As I was walking back to my car)

LAX Does not have walk-ins. The process takes 5 minutes if you bring the documents. They have a break until 6:30 so don't expect to get in early.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, BA, US, HP. CO
Originally Posted by AZtravlertoo
I am having the same problem as you. I applied on 11/27/15 and my application is still "Pending Review". I was able to contact a GOES representative on 1/7/16. She opened a case for me and told me to call back in two weeks if the status had not changed. After two weeks, I have tried to call multiple times each day and only get a busy signal. I also called our local CBP office with the same result as you. (My wife applied at the same time as me and was approved in about five days.)

I noticed that you contacted your U.S. Senator's Office and soon after were moved to a "conditional approval". Do you think this is the reason for your status change? How easy was it to work with your Senator's office?

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Update on my Status:

I started drafting a letter to my U.S. Senator and thought I'd give the phone a try again. Lo and behold, I got through and got transferred to a person in the Trusted Traveler Program. This person was cordial and listened to my story. She contacted a supervisor in the GOES application area and promised me a email response the next day. I received both the response and conditional approval the next day. Hallelujah!

Applied: November 27 , 2015
Conditionally Approved: February 3, 2016
Appointment: At present, all appointments at my closest center, PHX, filled. Will keep looking.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:01 am

KTN number finally arrived

Just as follow up to my prior post, I did finally receive KTN today - 6 weeks from when I went into get fingerprints. Not sure why it took so long but they do say can take up to 6 weeks, and in my case it did.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:14 pm

If going to Tucson is an option you can probably get an appointment there within a day or two. I had planned on scheduling my GE interview in PHX while visiting friends there but like you found it booked up almost a month out. On the advice of another FTer I checked TUS and they were wide open so we took a day trip down there and went to the Air and Space museum after my interview.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:56 pm

Applied: 2/1/16
Conditionally approved: 2/4/16
Interviewed and approved: 2/5/16 Sault Ste. Marie CBP office
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Applied: 14Jan2016
Conditionally approved: 18Jan2016
Interviewed and approved: 5Feb2016 (SFO via appointment)
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:53 pm

Applied: 2/5/16
Conditionally approved: 2/12/16
Interviewed and approved: 2/12/16

I originally had an appointment scheduled for July (!!!!) and since I have an upcoming overseas trip in March, I thought I'd do a walk-in at SFO.

I got there at 4pm, checked in with them and they told me to wait outside. Very funny from here: I had to take a leak (maybe around 5pm) so I left, quickly did my business, and came back. But as soon as I was getting back, the officer took in another walk-in. I could only laugh about that.

I continued to wait and was luckily called in at 5:15pm. I have to say: the officer was extremely friendly and even laughed that I went to the bathroom at the wrong time. He asked me the usual questions and when it came to the "arrested/convicted" question, I answered truthfully (arrested, but not convicted). Fortunately, he couldn't find anything on that arrest so I'm assuming it was automatically expunged (I don't know what NY does with dropped charges).

He then took my fingerprints and picture, as well as gave me some information regarding the program... and that was it. He said it was approved and that I should get a notification within 24-72 hours and expect the card to come in a few weeks later. As soon as I got to the car, I went to the GOES website and saw that my status was changed to "Approved", but I didn't get any e-mail notification. I'm assuming everything should be good for the next five years. Just have to wait for the card to come now.

Really happy with my experience at SFO. I was worried over nothing about my "arrest".
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:10 am

Do I need my passport after interview/ finger printing? I need to send mine off for a China visa.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Starryeyedlady
Do I need my passport after interview/ finger printing? I need to send mine off for a China visa.
Not for anything related to your PreCheck application, no.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by abefroman329
Not for anything related to your PreCheck application, no.
Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:42 pm

Question: What is this "Conditional Approval Notification" they mention? I don't see anything other than a button to modify the interview I already scheduled.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:53 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by jcm55a
Question: What is this "Conditional Approval Notification" they mention? I don't see anything other than a button to modify the interview I already scheduled.
You can't schedule an interview until after you've been conditionally approved. Final approval is granted only after the interview and a fingerprint check.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
You can't schedule an interview until after you've been conditionally approved. Final approval is granted only after the interview and a fingerprint check.
That's my point though, I already scheduled the interview after seeing that I got the approval, but I don't see any "Notification" that I need to bring to the interview.

Last edited by jcm55a; Feb 19, 2016 at 5:41 pm
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcm55a
That's my point though, I already scheduled the interview after seeing that I got the approval, but I don't see any "Notification" that I need to bring to the interview.
It's been a while since I got my GE, but I seem to remember that somewhere on the web page, after I logged in, there was a link that opened a PDF letter of approval, which I printed and brought with me to the interview. Perhaps someone with more recent experience direct you to exactly where on the website that link is located.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 6:16 pm

P.S. I logged into my GOES account and found it. On the home page in the Message Inbox, under the heading "Subject" there is an Approval Notification. To the right, under the heading "Action" there is a button that reads Read Notification. Clicking on that button opens a new window containing the approval. That is the letter that you print and bring with you to the interview.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.