Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by CKDGM
Sounds like you listed both of them as proof of citizenship on your application, so I suggest bringing both to be sure. (While the passport alone should be sufficient, do you really want to risk having a problem when they're trying to check all the boxes on the computer for "verified document as listed on application" or whatever?)
You only need your passport.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Has anyone had luck stopping by a Global Entry interview location and just popping in for an interview? I just attempted to today at BOS, and even though there was a no-show the guy said no walk-ins. I then asked him if they had any cancellations and he said I'd have to go through the "live calendar." I've since gone back to my account and can't find a live calendar anywhere. The only way to get to a calendar is to click on "reschedule my appointment" and I don't want to lose my appointment for early November. Any ideas how to get in sooner as I have a trip aboard Nov. 11th and currently I'm scheduled for Nov. 7th.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Has anyone had luck stopping by a Global Entry interview location and just popping in for an interview? I just attempted to today at BOS, and even though there was a no-show the guy said no walk-ins. I then asked him if they had any cancellations and he said I'd have to go through the "live calendar." I've since gone back to my account and can't find a live calendar anywhere. The only way to get to a calendar is to click on "reschedule my appointment" and I don't want to lose my appointment for early November. Any ideas how to get in sooner as I have a trip aboard Nov. 11th and currently I'm scheduled for Nov. 7th.
Go ahead and click "reschedule my appointment." You won't lose your existing appointment until you actually select a new appointment.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:41 pm

For a friend:

Applied September 16
Conditionally approved September 29
Interviewed October 11

The friend got PreCheck (having put their known traveller number in) on flights on October 9 and October 11 (boarding pass issued before the interview). They were also travelling with me on the same PNR, and I have NEXUS, which may or may not have played a factor in their getting PreCheck before the interview.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Barcky
Go ahead and click "reschedule my appointment." You won't lose your existing appointment until you actually select a new appointment.
Thank you for the help. I just went and looked at the "weekly" view for the next 3 weeks and nothing. My sense is that if they do get a cancellation and/or no-show they don't open the slot on the calendar. Instead, the lazy SOB's look at it as an extra 15-minute break. Like I said earlier - I didn't even approach the agent until they called someone multiple times who didn't show, and the agent still refused to see me even though I had all my paperwork and there wasn't anyone else waiting.

Has anyone gotten lucky with just walking in?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
I'm sure it depends to an extent on the office/management.

In my case I had an appointment but was seen as soon as I arrived (~15-20 minutes before my appointment) without even being asked about my appointment status -- but the "Global Entry Center" was a rickety plastic folding table in what looked like a repurposed supplies closet and I'm pretty sure one of the two CBP officers (who went out to the lobby as soon as I walked through the door) was playing angry birds before my arrival.

I'm sure the higher volume places may be a bit more stickler-ish.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:31 pm

Thank you for the help. I just went and looked at the "weekly" view for the next 3 weeks and nothing. My sense is that if they do get a cancellation and/or no-show they don't open the slot on the calendar. Instead, the lazy SOB's look at it as an extra 15-minute break. Like I said earlier - I didn't even approach the agent until they called someone multiple times who didn't show, and the agent still refused to see me even though I had all my paperwork and there wasn't anyone else waiting.

I had a walk-in at BOS about 2 weeks ago but from what I understand it's pretty rare there and they only gave it to me because they had 3 back to back no shows. My advice is to go and be prepared to camp out until they take pity on you which is pretty much what I did.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by danib62
I had a walk-in at BOS about 2 weeks ago but from what I understand it's pretty rare there and they only gave it to me because they had 3 back to back no shows. My advice is to go and be prepared to camp out until they take pity on you which is pretty much what I did.
It's crazy at BOS. I was there a total of about 30-minutes and was the only person that showed up. The whole set up is weird. There's no check-in area, just a hallway you wait in with a locked door that randomly opens every 15-minutes or so. They clearly had several no-shows with it being a holiday, yet the agent was a total tool and wouldn't budge. Extremely frustrating!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:28 am

It's crazy at BOS. I was there a total of about 30-minutes and was the only person that showed up. The whole set up is weird. There's no check-in area, just a hallway you wait in with a locked door that randomly opens every 15-minutes or so. They clearly had several no-shows with it being a holiday, yet the agent was a total tool and wouldn't budge. Extremely frustrating!
Sounds par for the course unfortunately.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:49 pm

I posted my GE processing stats in a wrong thread, so I'll repost here in case it helps anyone:

Applied on 9/26
Conditionally approved on 10/7
Interview at SFO and final approval on 10/8
Received GE card in the mail on 10/13

When I was originally conditionally approved and started looking for an appointment, the earliest available at SFO was a month from then. I was disappointed, but followed the advice of fellow members and checked the calendar obsessively on the hour. Over the course of that day, quite a few appointments were appearing on a sooner date - goes to show that people do cancel appointments and the live calendar does work. By a stroke of luck, an appointment opened up the next morning and I snatched it. So my advice to you would be to continually check the site.

That all said, I do agree that the processing locations should do better at accepting walk-ins, especially during downtime and for people that are fully prepared with documents in hand. The interview process didn't take more than 3 minutes for me and at a certain point, the center was completely empty because of no shows. Not to mention that there were 4 agents doing nothing but yapping with each other and cracking jokes. A nice young man walked in during that downtime, had all his docs and was hoping to be seen without an appointed time, they turned him around and made his appointment 4 weeks in the future. Ridiculous.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:50 am

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster; I applied 9/30 and my wife on 10/1. She received her conditional approval email yesterday, completed her interview today, and is waiting for final approval. My application is still pending. Is this normal? It's been 15 days (11 business) which is a bit longer than what I'm reading from other members in this thread (1-11 days). Should I continue to wait or get in contact with someone from CBP? My background is clean, I have never been arrested and no criminal record; no customs violations either. The only thing my wife can think of is I have a pending court hearing for a speeding ticket I received. Would that be enough to hold up my application?

Last edited by delitescent; Oct 15, 2015 at 10:51 am Reason: edit for spelling
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by delitescent
Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster; I applied 9/30 and my wife on 10/1. She received her conditional approval email yesterday, completed her interview today, and is waiting for final approval. My application is still pending. Is this normal? It's been 15 days (11 business) which is a bit longer than what I'm reading from other members in this thread (1-11 days). Should I continue to wait or get in contact with someone from CBP? My background is clean, I have never been arrested and no criminal record; no customs violations either. The only thing my wife can think of is I have a pending court hearing for a speeding ticket I received. Would that be enough to hold up my application?
Not too long after I posted; I got the conditional approval status. Must be that FT good luck charm!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by LtKernelPanic
If it's anything like earlier in the year when myself and another FTer scheduled interviews there they were pretty much wide open. I ended up taking a day trip there to do mine since Sky Harbor was booked 3-4 weeks in advance at the time.
Thx
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:49 pm

And the wait continues . . .
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:45 pm

I've been trolling this thread since I applied, and it helped greatly:

Applied: 9/28
Conditionally Approved: 10/10
Interview and approved: 10/16 at SFO

The key for me was to keep checking for open interview appointments the moment I was conditionally approved. Believe it or not, some appointments open up! Just in time too, my next next flight is on 10/20

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.