Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA DL UR AGR
I wish I had read this thread before applying. Sounds like it takes forever to get an appointment where I live.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Originally Posted by makasha21
So they tell you approval completed right after the interview (or 30 minutes +/-)?
I believe her exact words were "I will be approving this in about 30 minutes once your fingerprints come back". I assume that means that they had to do a database search of my prints to see if I was a wanted criminal and that the interviewing agent would complete that when available. I did check the online status about an hour later and there was no change. E-mail showed up about 95 minutes after the interview.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by nadir576
I have a weird application process. As I was filling out the GE application, I was thrown out of application number of times due to network error but finally this morning I got it to the payment page where I selected "Credit" and then it again threw a network error. Finally now I am getting back in the system, I am not seeing an option to pay GE fees, instead I am seeing the following message.
"our payment for Trusted Traveler has not completed processing. Please check back after an hour."

Is this normal? BTW it has been more than an hour!

Update: it seems like I am back and just made payment.
I ran into something like this last week when filling out the app for my kettles parents. Network/proxy error on CBP's side when I was filling out the different screens. Waited 30 minutes, logged in again and didn't have any issues after that.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by nadir576
I have a weird application process. As I was filling out the GE application, I was thrown out of application number of times due to network error but finally this morning I got it to the payment page where I selected "Credit" and then it again threw a network error. Finally now I am getting back in the system, I am not seeing an option to pay GE fees, instead I am seeing the following message.
"our payment for Trusted Traveler has not completed processing. Please check back after an hour."

Is this normal? BTW it has been more than an hour!

Update: it seems like I am back and just made payment.
Same exact experience for my wife - but was able to get back in and complete - GOES seemed really slow all around on 8/30-8/31.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by tev9999
E-mail showed up about 95 minutes after the interview.
For me, the e-mail hit my phone before I even got halfway to my car after the interview.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:25 am

I read this thread prior to my application, so I figured I'd join and share my experience.

•Applied: August 19, 2015
•Conditional Approval: August 28, 2015
•Interview: August 30, 2015 (appointments were plentiful @ PHL)
•Final Approval: August 30, 2015 ~15-20 minutes after leaving the interview.

I haven't received my card yet, but it's been less than a week. The interviewer asked for my ID and Passport but I didn't have to show my letter of conditional approval or even the proof of address that was indicated. Really easy and smooth process.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta AmEx Gold, United MileagePlus Explorer, Former Delta Silver Medallion & United Premier Silver
Applied: August 15, 2015
Conditional Approval: August 26, 2015
Interview: August 27, 2015
Final Approval: August 28, 2015
Card Arrived: August 31, 2015
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:31 am

Did any of you guys apply recently in the LA area? I went for interview yesterday and the CBP officer said I should be approved but I didn't get any email yesterday or today. Are you supposed to get an email to say your approved or did the card just come in the mail after a few days?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by n0fx
Did any of you guys apply recently in the LA area? I went for interview yesterday and the CBP officer said I should be approved but I didn't get any email yesterday or today. Are you supposed to get an email to say your approved or did the card just come in the mail after a few days?
If you're worried about it, just check your account on the GOES site.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Kensterfly
If you're worried about it, just check your account on the GOES site.
I did do that and it's still on the same status, as before I went for the interview. It gives you an option to manage the interview appointment.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:40 am

I did do that and it's still on the same status, as before I went for the interview. It gives you an option to manage the interview appointment.
The manage the interview appointment just takes you to the calendar to reschedule. Was your appointment late in the day? Maybe the closed before your prints came back. Hopefully, you'll hear by Monday morning.

I don't remember the details of my app process about three years ago but my wife did hers recently. Less than hour of her interview, the website showed approved. The email arrived with 90 minutes of the interview. Card arrived about three days later. Total time from application to approval about 17 days.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: UA Gold/AA
Applied: August 23, 2015
Conditional Approval: September 3, 2015
Interview: September 4, 2015
Final Approval: September 4, 2015

edit: interview was at EWR Terminal B. Really quick and very friendly.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kensterfly
The manage the interview appointment just takes you to the calendar to reschedule. Was your appointment late in the day? Maybe the closed before your prints came back. Hopefully, you'll hear by Monday morning.

I don't remember the details of my app process about three years ago but my wife did hers recently. Less than hour of her interview, the website showed approved. The email arrived with 90 minutes of the interview. Card arrived about three days later. Total time from application to approval about 17 days.
Yeah, it was close to around 5pm but there were a few appointments left. The officer said the prints were submitted and were good. I thinking the department is closed that approves it? Or does the specific interviewer approve it to submit?

Since its the labor day weekend, ill see if i get anything next week. When your wife did it, was it early or mid day?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by quarterbump
Applied: August 23, 2015
Conditional Approval: September 3, 2015
Interview: September 4, 2015
Final Approval: September 4, 2015

edit: interview was at EWR Terminal B. Really quick and very friendly.
Did you get an email after the interview if you got approved?

Last edited by n0fx; Sep 5, 2015 at 2:27 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:41 pm

Since its the labor day weekend, ill see if i get anything next week. When your wife did it, was it early or mid day?
Right smack noon a Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.