Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by BigOoze
I appreciate your help very much, but unfortunately the line you speak of is not there. I see my name, pass ID, manage interview appointment, it says interview scheduled, etc but I dont see anything saying Conditional Acceptance anymore, or Read Notification. I tried Commant+F to search it and still nothing. Well I took a screen shot of the page and I'll show the officer, hopefully he's understanding, if not, then s*** happens lol.
Strange, and I'd be antsy about that, also, but you have a good back up plan and it should work.
Good luck and please report back after the interview tomorrow.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:49 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kensterfly
Strange, and I'd be antsy about that, also, but you have a good back up plan and it should work.
Good luck and please report back after the interview tomorrow.
So I just got back home (had errands to run afterwards) I had a appointment at 9:15 AM today, made the appointment last night around 11PM, last minute. IAH inside terminal E, after security. I got there around 8:45 AM, the office opened at 9AM, a lady was waiting with me, we go in, the officer said he didn't see my name on the list last night, but I explained I scheduled my appointment late, he made us watch the video which is 10 minutes, talks about how GE works. He did the ladies interview right there in front of me, took 5 minutes, he called me up, asked for the conditional approval letter, I told him I didn't have it, as it wasn't available for some reason, I had the screen shot on my ipad, I showed him, he was very understanding. The officer looked up my account asked me a few questions about if I traveled to the locations listed for business or pleasure, what I do for a living, and if I had any questions about GE, he took my finger prints, took my photo, said I will get my card in a few days. I checked my GOES account, says approved. Very simple process. Really proud that some things the Federal Government is in charge of are still efficient. ^
tl;dr.

Applied Online:8/17
Conditionally Approved:8/27
Interview/Final Approval:8/28
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by BigOoze
I appreciate your help very much, but unfortunately the line you speak of is not there. I see my name, pass ID, manage interview appointment, it says interview scheduled, etc but I dont see anything saying Conditional Acceptance anymore, or Read Notification. I tried Commant+F to search it and still nothing. Well I took a screen shot of the page and I'll show the officer, hopefully he's understanding, if not, then s*** happens lol.
There have been several reports in this thread about the letter not appearing in their account page until several days later. I think it took a week for one person to get theirs. If your interview happens before then I think the officer would understand. IIRC all the officer did was circle my PASSID number and say it's also my KTN which I already knew.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by LtKernelPanic
There have been several reports in this thread about the letter not appearing in their account page until several days later. I think it took a week for one person to get theirs. If your interview happens before then I think the officer would understand. IIRC all the officer did was circle my PASSID number and say it's also my KTN which I already knew.
This. Mine showed up the day after I received the email.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:56 pm

They're probably not counting on anyone getting an appointment less than one day after receiving the conditional notification. BigOOze will probably have the rethinking that.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, AmEx MR, BA Avios, Alaska MileagePlan
Applied on Aug 18th, received conditional approval on Aug 27th, and got an interview at JFK for Sep 3rd (there were earlier slots, but I'm not in NYC until the 2nd).
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage, VA Velocity, QF Frequent Flyer, SQ KrisFlyer, Sixt Platinum, Europcar Executive, Accor
Took about two weeks (Sorry, I'm too lazy to look up the exact dates) for provisional approval for my wife and me. We applied as expats living in Australia with no complications. Appointments set for LAX on October 22.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: AA
Just completed the interview. In and out in around 5 minutes and approved. Process started 8/8 and complete today.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:04 am
Suspended

I have a weird application process. As I was filling out the GE application, I was thrown out of application number of times due to network error but finally this morning I got it to the payment page where I selected "Credit" and then it again threw a network error. Finally now I am getting back in the system, I am not seeing an option to pay GE fees, instead I am seeing the following message.
"our payment for Trusted Traveler has not completed processing. Please check back after an hour."

Is this normal? BTW it has been more than an hour!

Update: it seems like I am back and just made payment.

Last edited by nadir576; Aug 31, 2015 at 10:15 am
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by nadir576
I have a weird application process. As I was filling out the GE application, I was thrown out of application number of times due to network error but finally this morning I got it to the payment page where I selected "Credit" and then it again threw a network error. Finally now I am getting back in the system, I am not seeing an option to pay GE fees, instead I am seeing the following message.
"our payment for Trusted Traveler has not completed processing. Please check back after an hour."

Is this normal? BTW it has been more than an hour!
My application experience was quick and glitchless. I haven't read of others having any problem. Probably just a temporary issue with the site.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:12 am

San Francisco wait time for appt is ridiculous: February? really?

Well, I came here to ask if it's okay to get an appointment at any location, not just the one you live closest to. From reading the last page of replies, it seems like we can go anywhere. So for anecdata purposes, here's what happened with our application (myself and DH):

Applied online August 20, got conditional approval this morning, August 31. Went to schedule appointment at SFO and as I mentioned above, they are scheduling in February. :-/ So we played around a bit, Long Beach port, LAX, PHX since we will be there next weekend anyway, etc. PHX had the earliest time slot which was still mid-October. We'd been hoping to get it done before our trip to Cabo in October for Sammy Hagar's birthday bash.

We ended up checking Tucson just for fun. Well, we could get an appointment tomorrow if we wanted to, but that's inconvenient. So we booked 2 appointments during our weekend trip to Phoenix. 2.5 hour drive to Tucson and BOOM we'll be good to go! Now I just have to remember to pack our passports for a California to Phoenix trip...
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by makasha21[/quote

We just have to remember to pack our passports for a California to Phoenix trip...
Since you'll have your passports anyway...Santa Fe and Albuquerque are very nice in Autumn.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Originally Posted by tev9999
Applied Online: Thurs 8/13.
Cond. Approval: Mon 8/24.
Appt. Scheduled: Mon 8/31 @ Detroit (Ambassador Bridge)
Final Approval: Mon 8/31, 90 minutes after appointment.

Appointments were available as soon as next day at DTW or six business days out at the downtown Detroit center.

ETA:
I ended up finding an open appointment at the Detroit (Ambassador Bridge) center so switched from DTW since it is about 20 minutes closer to home. Arrived at 10:55 for my 11:00 and was back to the car by 11:05. Most of that was walking to and from the car as a semi was blocking all of the close in parking. It is a tricky location next to the truck processing facility. You have to follow the entrance to the Ambassador Bridge and then bear left to the truck processing terminal. There is decent signage, but you do have to follow the "Exit to Canada - No Reentry" path. Leave extra time in case you get turned around.
Perhaps there was a system glitch today. I had my interview at 11:00 and was told it should take about 30 minutes for my fingerprints to come back and for her to approve it. It took about 90, so maybe something was down - or maybe I just hit the lunch hour.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by tev9999
Perhaps there was a system glitch today. I had my interview at 11:00 and was told it should take about 30 minutes for my fingerprints to come back and for her to approve it. It took about 90, so maybe something was down - or maybe I just hit the lunch hour.
So they tell you approval completed right after the interview (or 30 minutes +/-)?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by makasha21
So they tell you approval completed right after the interview (or 30 minutes +/-)?
My wife's status in the website showed approved almost immediately. The email notification came a hour or so later.
Edit: she received her card in the mail today. 18 days start to finish from application to card received.

Last edited by Kensterfly; Sep 1, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.