Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
My Global Entry approval timeline

Trusted Traveler Program: Global Entry
Citizenship: France
Global Entry Qualification Basis: U.S. Permanent Resident
Application Type: Online (through the GOES website)
Application Submission Date: 22-May-2015
Conditional Approval Date: 31-May-2015
Scheduled Interview: 01-Jun-2015
Interview Location: Newark - Terminal B
Approval Date: 01-Jun-2015 (20 minutes after interview)

I picked the Newark enrollment center because there were availabilities at 6:00am the following morning just after my conditional approval. A bit far, but since I was traveling out of JFK the same evening, I wanted to enjoy the benefits ASAP, so I made the effort and woke up at 5:00am to take the train to EWR from Manhattan/Penn Station.

The CBP officer at Newark was so cool, laid-back and funny, making some jokes. No questions, just whether I had ever been convicted. Otherwise, nothing, took my fingerprints, my picture and that was all: 5 minutes later I was out and on the train back to Penn Station, I received my approval e-mail.

I have applied for NEXUS too, and although I was cleared on the Canadian side, I am still waiting clearance on the U.S. side. Looks like there is some backlog and the U.S. CBP is overwhelmed right now (summer holiday/travel season)...

Cheers,
-vinnyc
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
Mine went through super fast two years ago. My daughter:

Applied July 22nd
Conditional approval? ..... Only 6 days but....
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:41 am

Still awaiting approval

Applied on July 21 still showing pending review on goes website. Hoping this brings me good luck as I have a upcoming trip that GE would be useful for.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by globalstudent15
Applied on July 21 still showing pending review on goes website. Hoping this brings me good luck as I have a upcoming trip that GE would be useful for.
From what I've gathered on this thread, it typically takes about 12 days...
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Here's my recent time frame:
July 14 - applied
July 26 - conditional approval
July 28 - interview at IAH - Terminal E behind security, received final approval 2 hours after interview. Earliest available in Terminal E near intl baggage claim was about 10 days out and earliest available in City Hall was well over a month away.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Finally applied for my wife and son.

Here are their schedules

July 14 - applied
July 27 - conditional approval (almost 2 weeks)
Aug 1 - appointment at JFK (earlier available but their schedules didn't sync to go together)
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:14 pm

Location: New Jersey most of the time, also Germany, California and Florida for family and other places for business.
Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold. Global Entry since 2014
When I applied for GE last year, I was amazed as to how soon after conditional approval I was able to score an interview at EWR -- three days, and I had a choice of times.

As such, applied for our 9 y/o daughter in late June, and my wife in mid-July once her renewed German passport arrived ... again, no more than 10 days from application to conditional approval for both of them, and were able to get simultaneous interviews this weekend at EWR. Again, plenty of open appointment slots were available, which amazes me to no end, considering how popular this program is.

We've already loaded their KTN's onto our upcoming reservations so that it *should* go live once "official" after the interviews.

Overall, from a travel perspective, this is the best $'s we've spent ... anything to save us some time at Immigration and TSA security checks is well worth the effort.

Michael
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
July 17: Applied on line
July 29: Received email with conditional approval (12 days ... pretty good)
Sept 9: next available interview at SFO (6 weeks ... not bad. And it works with my schedule, too)
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:25 pm

Location: New Jersey most of the time, also Germany, California and Florida for family and other places for business.
Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold. Global Entry since 2014
Originally Posted by kevinsac
July 17: Applied on line
July 29: Received email with conditional approval (12 days ... pretty good)
Sept 9: next available interview at SFO (6 weeks ... not bad. And it works with my schedule, too)
Plenty of open appointments at EWR between now and the end of August. If your travel schedule happens to include a stop there, it would be simple enough to go to Terminal B for the interview.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:53 pm

Finally, I have been fully approved! Although, I can't help but feeling like it took way too long for me...

3 July: Application

21 July: Conditional Approval

22 July: Appointment at Otay Mesa. Guy was very nice, basically verified past addresses, asked if I had been arrested, what I do in my job, why I lived in Germany. Took prints and said I was approved and should get a card in 5-10 days.

29 July: Final Approval notification

Now just to wait for the card to come in...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by stevvc
Finally, I have been fully approved! Although, I can't help but feeling like it took way too long for me...

3 July: Application

21 July: Conditional Approval

22 July: Appointment at Otay Mesa. Guy was very nice, basically verified past addresses, asked if I had been arrested, what I do in my job, why I lived in Germany. Took prints and said I was approved and should get a card in 5-10 days.

29 July: Final Approval notification

Now just to wait for the card to come in...
A little longer than maybe normal between application and conditional approval but overall really not that bad. Some report shorter and some longer start to finish application to final aporoval. My whole process took about the same amount of time as yours but I had to wait a few weeks to catch an interview slot but final approval came in before I got back to my SUV after the interview. My wife's conditional approval came quicker than yours but it took three weeks for her final approval notification to show up. No rhyme or reason as we both have no tickets, arrests, etc., etc., that would cause even a blink. In both cases we received our cards a week after final approval.

Last edited by Randyk47; Jul 30, 2015 at 6:13 am
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: AA, WN
Approved pretty quickly here.

15 July: Applied online (It was done about 11pm EST)
27 July: Conditional approval
29 July: Interview at BWI. Final approval before I got home (about an hour later)

As of 27 July, BWI had one appointment for the 29th (which I took), one for 1 August and then appointments with wide availability starting the week 10 August. Interview process was short (I was in the hourly garage a grand total of 15 minutes, with only 7 or so of that inside the airport) with basic questions about if I've been arrested and if my previous 5 years of international travel has been for business or pleasure. Only thing that could have complicated my background check is that I am a Junior, and my father is ineligible, but that didn't come up in the interview. Only waiting for the card now, but number is already active.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Austin787
7/8: Application submitted; fee paid
7/19: Conditional approval; interview scheduled for 7/30 at AUS.
7/30: interview at AUS. Final approval 20 minutes later. Interview was 10 minutes, talked about my work history, took fingerprints, scanned my passport, and the officer explained the Global Entry and Pre-Check programs.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
7/20: Application Submitted
7/30: Conditional Approval
8/1: Interview at DFW (scheduled)

Assuming nothing goes wrong, less than two weeks start to finish. I'm impressed!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Randyk47
A little longer than maybe normal between application and conditional approval but overall really not that bad. Some report shorter and some longer start to finish application to final aporoval. My whole process took about the same amount of time as yours but I had to wait a few weeks to catch an interview slot but final approval came in before I got back to my SUV after the interview. My wife's conditional approval came quicker than yours but it took three weeks for her final approval notification to show up. No rhyme or reason as we both have no tickets, arrests, etc., etc., that would cause even a blink. In both cases we received our cards a week after final approval.
What I was actually more surprised at was the time between interview and final approval, as most people in the thread seem to report seeing the notification in less than 2 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.