Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by orientalkid
Applied Jan 18th and still waiting.
Got CA yesterday (June 7th). So it took a little less than 5 months. I do have a misdemeanor (not alcohol/drug related if that makes a difference, not sure) from over 20 years ago.

As luck would have it, I was flying international in to LAX yesterday evening :-). I did the interview and got the Approval in about 3 hours.
reaganFF likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:25 am

If you weren't convicted, as long as you indicated "yes" for arrest and provided detail in the application that charges were dropped, you should be good. You might want to get a copy of your records to provide during your interview to substantiate.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Applied for my kids recently. Both were conditionally approved within 48 hours. Now the trick is actually finding appointment availability.....
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus | Avios | SkyMiles
Unhappy Common Theme Here

Well, here goes yet another scenario where one is a sprint and the other is a marathon...

ME
Applied: 05/20/22
CA: xx/xx/xx (115 days so far (3 months, 3 weeks, 2 days))
Interview: xx/xx/xx
Final Approval: xx/xx/xx

WIFE
Applied: 05/20/22 (a few minutes after I did mine)
CA: 05/22/22 (2 days)
Interview: 09/20/22 (123 days)
Final Approval: xx/xx/xx

Keeping that hope alive that I'll log in and see that green check mark beside my Conditional Approval. Once that happens then I'll shoot for getting my wife's interview a little closer (IF mine is even approved by then)

Last edited by jbryant987; Sep 12, 2022 at 10:28 am Reason: Updated my CA timeframe
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
My wife applied on January 9th. We received her conditional approval email on June 3rd. As luck would have it we were out of the country, so she did interview on arrival at IAH on June 6th. Officer said they needed to see some paperwork related to something on her application and gave her a fax number. We faxed the documents yesterday (June 15) and she got the approval notice this afternoon (June 16).
jbryant987 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:56 pm

Quick question: I recently applied for GE, credit card was charged, but I didn't receive any confirmation of an application. Is that correct/normal or should I have received some acknowledgement (not CA, just a reference or case number)?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by HoppingJalapeno
Quick question: I recently applied for GE, credit card was charged, but I didn't receive any confirmation of an application. Is that correct/normal or should I have received some acknowledgement (not CA, just a reference or case number)?
You needed to create a user account with login.gov to complete the Global Entry application. Log in from here-

https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov

And it will take you to a place that shows current active applications.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:07 am

Completely blows my mind that I'm at 47 days waiting for conditional approval yet my wife was approved in less than 48 hours.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by jbryant987
Completely blows my mind that I'm at 47 days waiting for conditional approval yet my wife was approved in less than 48 hours.
Is your wife a different ethnicity than you?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFromNY
Is your wife a different ethnicity than you?
Nope... she's just a few years older than me. I was born in California and she was born in Michigan. Maybe someone has it out for Californians.... :-)
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, Princess Elite
Applied: 06/30/2022
CA: [TBD]
Interview: [TBD]
Final Approval: [TBD]

Back in May it took my dad less than two days to get CA, then about a week to get Interview/FA, so I naively thought I could get this done quickly as well. We'll see how long before CA comes through!
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
Applied for my kids recently. Both were conditionally approved within 48 hours. Now the trick is actually finding appointment availability.....
What the heck is approval time based on? I applied for my newborn son the second we got his passport and it has been 2 months with no conditional approval. I need to do interview on arrival for my renewal and at this rate he won’t be approved before we get home on September 30.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 9, 2022 at 2:23 pm Reason: Fix BB code / formatting
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by SudOvest
What the heck is approval time based on? I applied for my newborn son the second we got his passport and it has been 2 months with no conditional approval. I need to do interview on arrival for my renewal and at this rate he won’t be approved before we get home on September 30.
Who knows... I've been waiting for 2.5 months now. My cousin got it in 3 days. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything, just the normal incompetence of the the US agencies...
I was also planning on doing the EOA in September when I have a flight, but who knows if I will get approved by then.
reaganFF likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador/LT Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
New Application
Applied: 05/21/2022

CA: 07/06/2022
Interview: 07/09/2022
Final Approval: 07/09/2022

I got lucky and got my CA two days before the end of an overseas trip, and was able to do enrollment on arrival on my way back. Ended up missing my connection, but it was worth it since according to the CBP website, there were only five locations in the entire country that didn't say "no appointments available." I had applied for both GE and APEC, and most of my interview questions were related to the latter - the officer seemed unsure about the APEC eligibility criteria. I don't think APEC was a factor in my CA timeline, but it's hard to draw any reliable conclusions here.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
My wife just passed the 5 month mark and is still "Pending Review".

Applied Feb 14 and still waiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.