Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by franziska81
3 weeks! I'm waiting >2 months now. Nothing. No way to contact them. This is the most frustrating thing I ever had to do.
Did you wait a few days between your German Federal Police interview and your GOES Application ?

It is critical that you don't apply in GOES until well after your German Federal Police interview has been uploaded by Ze Chermans, ja?!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Did you wait a few days between your German Federal Police interview and your GOES Application ?

It is critical that you don't apply in GOES until well after your German Federal Police interview has been uploaded by Ze Chermans, ja?!
Oh yeah This was done a while ago. Not sure... maybe TOO MUCH time has passed? That'd be bad.

Anyway, finally got someone on the phone today and they say they are waiting to hear from Germany. Hmmm... The saga continues :P
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
03 Feb 2016
Did the German Federal Police Interview at DUS. No appointment necessary for interview. Results of background/warrant check are instant. Made sure both my passports were uploaded.

06 Feb 2016
Applied for GE via GOES and made payment

26 Feb 2016
Conditional approval. Mine took almost 3 weeks! I will admit that I look pretty shady on paper so it makes sense that mine took a bit longer. But I am a nice guy once you get to know me LOL.

Found some slots at ORD on 15 Mar that worked for my schedule.

15 Mar 2016

Showed up 15 minutes early for my interview at ORD. There were 16 people in the waiting room! The enrollment center there is very very busy. I cannot imagine doing a walk-in there. They got to me after a 45 minute wait, 30 minutes past my allotted time. Anyone planning a tight turn-around at ORD be aware it may take a while!

Interview was professional and friendly. I pointed out that GOES wouldn't let me put in the second passport and that my travel history was incomplete. There is no entry for Curacao or Netherlands Antilles in GOES.

The officer was friendly and after a little data entry work asked me the usually questions that everyone else has reported.

Then he asked me how many languages I speak. and what I had been doing in Myanmar.

I told him about the epic mistake fare a few years back and it turned out he is a Flyertalker or at least aware of FT as he brought it up

10 minutes later I was on my way back to the hotel and the confirmation e-mail saying that I am approved came around 30 minutes after that.

Did he load the other passport info for you? When I asked to do my other passport he was of a mind that it could not be done. I left well enough alone and did not persue.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by franziska81
Oh yeah This was done a while ago. Not sure... maybe TOO MUCH time has passed? That'd be bad.

Anyway, finally got someone on the phone today and they say they are waiting to hear from Germany. Hmmm... The saga continues :P
Right thats why I asked. It seems your German LE <-> American LE link has not worked out correctly. When you did the German thing they should have given you a paper with a Rechtliche Belehrung and an Aktenzeichen. Did you keep that ?

Originally Posted by bruceba
Did he load the other passport info for you? When I asked to do my other passport he was of a mind that it could not be done. I left well enough alone and did not persue.
Yes he did and now both show in my GOES account. I see Passport 1 and Passport 2.

Mind you in this case both passports are from the same country. If you have a second passport from a country that is not GE eligible then it will not work.

Example: If you have two acive South Korean passports you can have both enrolled.

If you have one South Korean and one Colombian passport then you cannot enrol the Colombian passport as every passport they enrol needs to be eligible.

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:59 am

4/15 German EasyPASS preregistration.
4/19 application, pending review.
5/09 still pending

Last edited by flymart; May 9, 2017 at 3:21 am
Old May 23, 2017, 1:28 pm

4/15 German EasyPASS preregistration
4/19 application
5/23 conditionally approved

Next interview slot tomorrow: at the wrong airport.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:21 am

German citizen

I listed 15 or 17 countries to which I have traveled, so I have a feeling that conditional approval may take a while :-(

Fwiw, I also had a misdemeanor dui in 93 or 94 that I only remembered upon reading these threads. Hopefully I get conditional approval and can disclose it during my interview. It was in New Hampshire and it was supposed to be annulled after 7 or 10 years if my record remained clean (which it has to this day). I've tried doing searches from here in Germany for the record, but nothing comes back. I am not sure if that is because it has really been annulled or because I am being fleeced by these online background check sites.

Application Submitted: July 3rd. (Also did the German Easypass application--5minutes)

Fingers crossed. Those non-US citizen lines getting into the USA can get unbelievably long. I've spent over 2 hours on more than one occasion. GE would make my life much easier as I visit the US 4-6 times a year for personal and business reasons.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:49 am

3 weeks today and still pending. I thought it might take longer than average, but now I am growing concerned. Have others had their applications take longer than 3 weeks for conditional approval?

Originally Posted by Toad680
German citizen

I listed 15 or 17 countries to which I have traveled, so I have a feeling that conditional approval may take a while :-(

Fwiw, I also had a misdemeanor dui in 93 or 94 that I only remembered upon reading these threads. Hopefully I get conditional approval and can disclose it during my interview. It was in New Hampshire and it was supposed to be annulled after 7 or 10 years if my record remained clean (which it has to this day). I've tried doing searches from here in Germany for the record, but nothing comes back. I am not sure if that is because it has really been annulled or because I am being fleeced by these online background check sites.

Application Submitted: July 3rd. (Also did the German Easypass application--5minutes)

Fingers crossed. Those non-US citizen lines getting into the USA can get unbelievably long. I've spent over 2 hours on more than one occasion. GE would make my life much easier as I visit the US 4-6 times a year for personal and business reasons.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1K
3 weeks today and still pending. I thought it might take longer than average, but now I am growing concerned. Have others had their applications take longer than 3 weeks for conditional approval?
German here as well. Waiting for about four weeks now. Ticket about 15 countries (only European + Nort/South American ones), so don't know, whether this might be the reason.

However user @flymart reported waiting times of about a month before, so I'll just keep waiting

Last edited by delpiero223; Jul 25, 2017 at 4:48 am
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by edzbit
Non US citizen here but on Visa and country is eligible for Global Entry. Submitted my application on Jul 15th and still waiting for change of status. It's been two weeks already.

Anyone non-US citizen here have any idea on processing time recently?
Today is 4 weeks for me. German citizen. There was another German who was on 4 weeks--a week ago. Don't know if he has gotten any response yet or not.

Good luck. It's frustrating to read everyone getting their conditional approval after a week or two and to still be sitting in pergatory.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:13 pm

Today is 4 weeks for me. German citizen. There was another German who was on 4 weeks--a week ago. Don't know if he has gotten any response yet or not.

Good luck. It's frustrating to read everyone getting their conditional approval after a week or two and to still be sitting in pergatory.
Still no response. Applied on June 30th, so almost 5 weeks now
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Green2Greener
@JCN, @hartfordsam and @delpiero223 could you guys mention what your legal status in the US is? (citizens, LPR, visa etc.?)
I am a German citizen, able to visit US with ESTA (so no visum required)
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:47 pm

Status Update:
Applied: 06/30
Conditional Approval: 08/09

Sent an email to CBP yesterday, asking how long estimated processing time will be. Got conditionally approved today, so there might be a relation.

@Green2Greener

Yes, it was 5 weeks. Think without mail contact I would have waited for some more weeks...

I used the contact form at https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 13, 2018 at 2:16 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:00 pm

I just got my conditional approval as well. Seems it's German day...

I applied July 3rd.

Originally Posted by delpiero223
Status Update:
Applied: 06/30
Conditional Approval: 08/09

Sent an email to CBP yesterday, asking how long estimated processing time will be. Got conditionally approved today, so there might be a relation.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:30 am

Talking

Hey everyone,

Any applicants from Germany in the last days or weeks?

Anyone who could tell the approx. waiting time for German citizens?

Additionaly, what I have been trying to find out: When your status changes from Pending Approval to Conditional Approval, do you get an email instantly? Or do you have to find out manually?

Thanks a lot!
Ron

Last edited by donron7; Nov 8, 2017 at 9:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.