Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
My wife has her interview for GE today here at the enrollment center in Tucson while we're on vacation. Odd thing is that when we went and located the office at TUS, the hours of operation stated the office was closed on Saturdays, yet her interview appointment is at 9am (Saturday). The CBP officer who my wife ran into said that if the GOES system offered the appointment, someone will be here to conduct it. Anyone run into something like this?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 3:55 pm

Opps, sorry wrong thread.

Last edited by busyizzy; Sep 24, 2016 at 4:09 pm
Old Sep 24, 2016, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by JaysonW
My wife has her interview for GE today here at the enrollment center in Tucson while we're on vacation. Odd thing is that when we went and located the office at TUS, the hours of operation stated the office was closed on Saturdays, yet her interview appointment is at 9am (Saturday). The CBP officer who my wife ran into said that if the GOES system offered the appointment, someone will be here to conduct it. Anyone run into something like this?
I moved my interview to San Antonio on a Saturday and I read that they only work from Mon-Fri. I guess if they open appointments to that day, then someone will be there.

I hope your wife got approved.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JaysonW
Thought I'd answer my own question in the event someone else has the same question. If GOES allows the appointment to be booked, an officer will be there to conduct your interview. My wife said there were four officers at the Tucson enrollment center this morning and she was in and out within 10 minutes. I've already received the update from the GOES system regarding her account status - fantastic experience!
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:54 am

Anyone has experience applying for Global Entry from abroad? As a non-US citizen? What is the time frame like for overseas applications? I know from the UK, there's an extra step in the process, but what I'm asking about is from actual GOES application to receipt of conditional confirmation to interview... Would be good to read of a few cases if any.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by lumit811
Anyone has experience applying for Global Entry from abroad? As a non-US citizen? What is the time frame like for overseas applications? I know from the UK, there's an extra step in the process, but what I'm asking about is from actual GOES application to receipt of conditional confirmation to interview... Would be good to read of a few cases if any.
Same as any other person, if not faster (no unexpected hiccups are likely since the data is all on the UK side, whereas US citizens could potentially have more detailed investigation on the US side). Took me about 1 week for conditional approval back in the day, but i think things have slowed down for everyone since then.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
Applied 09/23
Conditional approval 09/28
Interview set 10/19 - also had 10/05 & 10/12 available
This is for both my wife & I.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:24 pm

Data Point

Applied: 9/21/16
Conditional approval: 10/1/16
Scheduled interview at Otay Mesa for 11/18/16. Will keep looking for closer dates.

Last edited by Sam Lin; Oct 1, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:07 pm

This thread was a great help.

Applied for GE 8/2
Received Cond Approval 8/11
Scheduled interview for 10/1, upon rechecking got an earlier appointment for 9/22.

Agent was very cordial. Agent impressed upon us to declare any food items.

Used GE on 9/26. It was the fastest time we've ever been through an airport.

We only had carry on bags and had chips and chocolates which was declared.

Though I did not have any declared items, I accompanied my spouse and they ran my bag through the machine as well.

Even with that, we still were ahead of a gazillion people in line.

Thank you Flyertalk!!!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Sam Lin
Applied: 9/21/16
Conditional approval: 10/1/16
Scheduled interview at Otay Mesa for 11/18/16. Will keep looking for closer dates.
I was approved on 9-1, and had our appointments at Otay Mesa on 9-29. Just waiting for the approval email, or card. Whatever comes first.

EDIT: Approved 10-5-2016

Edit: Received card on 10-15-16

Last edited by 96SS; Oct 19, 2016 at 12:13 pm Reason: Edited to add dates.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:09 pm

Update for international FT'ers applying for GE

SGP passport, but PR in the UK
Applied 9/25
Conditionally Approved 10/1
Appointment in US Embassy London 10/5, 3:45PM
(snagged a cancellation on the website at 5:45AM *yawn*)
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:30 am

If only I could interview!

Application Submitted: mid-day, Tuesday 9/27/16
Conditional Approval email received: 3:09am Sunday 10/2/16

I already have TSA precheck. I don't know if that factored in the 4.5 day turnaround time or if they're just processing quickly lately. They did issue what will be a new TSA precheck number once formally approved.

My interview currently scheduled for mid-December (after the likely international flight for which I'd hoped to have this) but I'm stalking the site for any cancellations that might work for my limited options. Unfortunately, I live at least 2-3 hours from any of the interview locations.

Quick question: For the interview locations at an airport (Charlotte, Atlanta, Dulles) is the interview location past security? If a spot opens at one of thes spots when I might be in the neighborhood, I'm wondering if I can drive there without a flight scheduled and still get to the interview spot?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:10 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by OnThePlaneAgain
Quick question: For the interview locations at an airport (Charlotte, Atlanta, Dulles) is the interview location past security? If a spot opens at one of thes spots when I might be in the neighborhood, I'm wondering if I can drive there without a flight scheduled and still get to the interview spot?
To the best of my knowledge, the only GE enrollment center that's located behind security is at Houston (they also have one before security).

Please refer to the following thread for additional information:
Originally Posted by TWA884
Most interview locations are before security. At the few places that they are airside, i.e., IAH Terminal E, the Global Entry Enrollment Centers location guide will have the following notation: "Requires Boarding Pass."
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by OnThePlaneAgain

I already have TSA precheck. I don't know if that factored in the 4.5 day turnaround time or if they're just processing quickly lately. They did issue what will be a new TSA precheck number once formally approved.

My interview currently scheduled for mid-December (after the likely international flight for which I'd hoped to have this) but I'm stalking the site for any cancellations that might work for my limited options. Unfortunately, I live at least 2-3 hours from any of the interview locations.

Your best bet is doing a new search every 5 minutes for all three airports. Best time to search is when offices are open. You are very likely to find something acceptable in the next 48 hours. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732

You can also try walk-in. Two successes were reported at ATL. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732

I am not familiar with exact GE locations of each airport. I am sure you can find out easily by googling or https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-centers.

Good luck and let us know what you find.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:42 am

Thanks for the help, 1KChinito & TWA884!

I'll keep checking. ^

In summary,
Difficulty with any immediate interview scheduling...

UPDATE: I've been stalking and sure enough, I've seen a number of spots already today. Most didn't work for me, but I found one and now haved moved up from December 19th in DC to November 18th in Charlotte. I'll still keep checking for a sooner appointment (and one not at the very end of the day) but will be happy with this one if that's where I end up. Thanks again to everyone for the advice!
UPDATE, Day 2: Continued stalking, now up to October 27th. I've been checking obsessively, but it has paid dividends (in GOES scheduling... not my work productivity!) Also, my vacated November 18th spot disappeared in less than 5 minutes, so frequent checking (as we've already heard here) appears to be a must!
UPDATE, Day 4: Continued checking, now moved up to October 13th. The Charlotte location must have opened up a bunch more slots in the last two days, many in the evening, as there has been a bunch of new options and more movement in the appointment availability. I now have a really good time for me, so my stalking/rescheduling time is done. I'll post a final update once all is said and done.

Thanks again to everyone here for the helpful info and advice!

Last edited by OnThePlaneAgain; Oct 6, 2016 at 8:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.