Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by gnetwerker
I suspect that this varies greatly by airport. I've been checking regularly (perhaps not obsessively) 2-3 times a week for open slots at my home airport PDX. I got conditional approval in March. My interview is currently scheduled in November. My family's international travel is July, August, and October. PDX interviews are currently scheduling in February 2017. I know I could get an earlier slot at another airport, but don't want to fly all 4 of us around just for the TSA.
That is true; more slots means higher possibility of cancelations.

Have you tried to get just one close in appointment for your family? Many have reported success bringing a family member. Some are successful bringing a family of four to first appointment. You may wish to give it a try also.

Good luck and let us know your result.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Starfish
I wonder if the officer didn't finalize something properly with your accounts.
Maybe. I wonder if, depending on location, there is a supervisor that finalizes the actual approval. We live near the border, so maybe applications get a little more attention here. Don't know. But that's why I posted my experience in case someone else has a delay of official approval after their GE interview.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:39 pm

no update for app filed on June 7th. Looks like saying YES for failure to declare food item at custom inspection years ago is causing the delay? I wasn't asked to pay any fine just warning at the time.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
no update for app filed on June 7th. Looks like saying YES for failure to declare food item at custom inspection years ago is causing the delay? I wasn't asked to pay any fine just warning at the time.
Don't panic yet. It's only 23 days so far.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by wavytop
Maybe. I wonder if, depending on location, there is a supervisor that finalizes the actual approval. We live near the border, so maybe applications get a little more attention here. Don't know. But that's why I posted my experience in case someone else has a delay of official approval after their GE interview.
I sort of worried myself as I hear many get their approval emails by the time they reach their car. I got home, and still hadn't gotten an email. I did login and see my approval. I was then on the phone for a little bit when the email came through.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:10 am

You did the right thing. You are better to be honest.

After I filled out the application, I remembered I had a similar incident (beef jerky) over 10 years ago. I wasn't fined either but my luggage was searched. I had totally forgotten about this until after I read flyer talk. I wished I could have modified my application.

I expected the Customs guy to ask about it and he ended up not. I was already ready to say that I had learned my lesson, deeply regret it, etc... Which is all true - I would often travel with my Mom's service dog and I would declare the dog, declare the dog food, etc.... The Customs guy would laugh at each time but I wasn't going to get caught again.

I think you did the right thing by being honest and think you will be approved.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
hmmm? I never got the notice of change in status email. I just kept checking and lucked out with an appointment the next day (today) in Otay Mesa (San Diego border crossing). Not really looking forward to the holiday weekend traffic but I am happy to get this out of the way
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't panic yet. It's only 23 days so far.
How long does it usually take?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:10 am

Applied: 12 Jun 16
Approved: 1 Jul 16
1st available appoint in Denver: 14 Dec 16
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:55 am

Applied: 6/11 @2:30pm et
Conditional Approval: 06/30 @11pm et
Interview scheduled: 07/19 @EWR (There were earlier times available for next week at EWR, but they conflicted with my work schedule)
Interview completed 7/19
Approval email received 10 minutes after appointment

Last edited by Steve T; Jul 19, 2016 at 9:11 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Starfish
You did the right thing. You are better to be honest.

After I filled out the application, I remembered I had a similar incident (beef jerky) over 10 years ago. I wasn't fined either but my luggage was searched. I had totally forgotten about this until after I read flyer talk. I wished I could have modified my application.

I expected the Customs guy to ask about it and he ended up not. I was already ready to say that I had learned my lesson, deeply regret it, etc... Which is all true - I would often travel with my Mom's service dog and I would declare the dog, declare the dog food, etc.... The Customs guy would laugh at each time but I wasn't going to get caught again.

I think you did the right thing by being honest and think you will be approved.
My other family members who applied on June 10th were conditionally approved on June 29th, Mine applied on June 7th is still pending
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Steve T
Applied: 6/11 @2:30pm et
Conditional Approval: 06/30 @11pm et
Interview scheduled: 07/19 @EWR (There were earlier times available for next week at EWR, but they conflicted with my work schedule)
Typo.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:29 am

My other family members who applied on June 10th were conditionally approved on June 29th, Mine applied on June 7th is still pending
I still think you are better off declaring then lying. Some agents will deny you right away for lying. The fact that you haven't been denied is a good sign.

It is possible anyone who marks anything may be sent through a different process. Just guessing but they can easily deny you so I wouldn't worry too much if you are still pending.

I had people apply after me who were approved a few days before me. No rhyme or reason. It is nerve wracking - I know!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by tardevil
Applied and paid on June 9, 2016.
Conditional approval granted on June 28, 2016 at 5:09am ET.

I have an interview scheduled at ORD for a time I know I'll be through in October. Wanted to get in to the MKE (Milwaukee) interview location at Mitchell Airport, but there are absolutely no available appointments. Blerg.

I'll be flying through ORD in about 4 weeks, so I have the ubiquitous script running (two instances) to find earlier appointments at both ORD and MKE. Fingers crossed...
Picked up a July 11 appointment in Milwaukee (!) this morning. The cronjob notified me, and I was able to snag the afternoon appointment before someone else did. Woo. Now I don't have to worry about trying to get the interview in ORD during a layover!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton Gold, PriorityPass
Applied: 6/12 @ 8 pm et
Conditionally approved: 7/1 @ 2:30 pm et
Interview Scheduled: @ATL 9/29

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.