Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:52 pm

Applied and paid on June 9, 2016.
Conditional approval granted on June 28, 2016 at 5:09am ET.

I have an interview scheduled at ORD for a time I know I'll be through in October. Wanted to get in to the MKE (Milwaukee) interview location at Mitchell Airport, but there are absolutely no available appointments. Blerg.

I'll be flying through ORD in about 4 weeks, so I have the ubiquitous script running (two instances) to find earlier appointments at both ORD and MKE. Fingers crossed...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:33 pm

Looks like Newark Aiport has now opened up slots from 5:40/6:00/6:20 & 21:00/21:20/21:40, so the entire month of july/august is now open.

Hope this helps anybody who is looking for a slot here in Newark.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Smile

My 2 cents
Applied June 01
Conditional Approval June 22
Interview MIA June 29

There were even earlier appts in MIA but i was in PSP at the time.
MIA looks to be fairly open for the interviews. FLL and PBI were booked at least 8 weeks out.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Chdesai84
I have applied for my wife on June 8th. Based on timeline and same date applications in this forum,she should have received cond. approval by this morning. But she hasn't.

Is it normal to get cond. approval little late than normal timeline? when should i start getting worried?
It took me 21 days. Others who applied a day or two after me, received conditional approved status before I did. So some were 18 and 19 days while I was still waiting.

I would start to worry in a week.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Applied the 26th and for some reason thought it was instantaneous, glad to know that is not the case and to stop worrying.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:45 pm

How do you know when there is an update such as conditional approval? email you or have to check the status online? Is it either conditional or denial email? Will the email tell you what to bring?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
How do you know when there is an update such as conditional approval? email you or have to check the status online? Is it either conditional or denial email? Will the email tell you what to bring?
You get an email that just says that status has changed. Then you must log into your GOES account to see how the status changed.

You can also keep checking your GOES account, but my impression is that the email is sent promptly so I don't think you'd save much time by doing so.

Save your obsession for stalking interview slots in the next step.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You get an email that just says that status has changed. Then you must log into your GOES account to see how the status changed.

You can also keep checking your GOES account, but my impression is that the email is sent promptly so I don't think you'd save much time by doing so.

Save your obsession for stalking interview slots in the next step.
Thanks. Just checked and my toddler child just now got his conditionally approved. Still waiting for status change on wife's and my application. Applied 10 days ago all three of us one by one.

BTW, how do I look for interview slots for all three of us?

Look for an interview date on our child and than 2 of us go there and ask the officer to interview us too? If three of us don't have to go on separate dates, it would be little more convenient for us.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thanks. Just checked and my toddler child just now got his conditionally approved. Still waiting for status change on wife's and my application. Applied 10 days ago all three of us one by one.

BTW, how do I look for interview slots for all three of us?

Look for an interview date on our child and than 2 of us go there and ask the officer to interview us too? If three of us don't have to go on separate dates, it would be little more convenient for us.
Ten days is extremely fast for conditional approval these days. Maybe young kids are being processed faster.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Ten days is extremely fast for conditional approval these days. Maybe young kids are being processed faster.
I am sorry for mistype. I meant to say applied 19 days ago and we all ( 3 of us) applied on same day or in 2 days.
So we are 2 parents and a toddler child. How should we schedule interviews here? Looking for ways to not have to go all of us on different dates. Make appointment for child now or wait for our conditional approval? Will they allow family for interview together?

bit confused
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:58 am

I am sorry for mistype. I meant to say applied 19 days ago and we all ( 3 of us) applied on same day or in 2 days.
So we are 2 parents and a toddler child. How should we schedule interviews here? Looking for ways to not have to go all of us on different dates. Make appointment for child now or wait for our conditional approval? Will they allow family for interview together?

bit confused
If you can - try to get 2 interviews around the same time and bring the toddler with you. 3 interviews would be ideal but I am sure they will accommodate the toddler with an adult.

I saw my status change online and then an hour later, I received the email about the status change telling me to login to see the change.

This is what the email says:

Dear GOES User,

GOES ACCOUNT INFORMATION

User ID: xxxxxxxxxxx

There has been a recent change to the status of your application.
Please login to your GOES account for more information.

This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept
incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Thank you,
Customs and Border Protection

GOES Website: https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Starfish
It took me 21 days. Others who applied a day or two after me, received conditional approved status before I did. So some were 18 and 19 days while I was still waiting.

I would start to worry in a week.
Thanks! I just got cond. approval for my wife this morning
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Chdesai84
Thanks! I just got cond. approval for my wife this morning
YOU got conditional approval for YOUR WIFE? Unless she's severely mentally or physically handicapped, presumably SHE applied for GE HERSELF and SHE got the approval, not YOU.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:54 pm

After two days of obsessively checking of availability at O'Hare, we somehow snagged two interview slots this weekend within two hours of each other! We might actually complete the entire process from start to finish in less than four weeks.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by CivicDriver
After two days of obsessively checking of availability at O'Hare, we somehow snagged two interview slots this weekend within two hours of each other! We might actually complete the entire process from start to finish in less than four weeks.
Lucky you.The earliest I could look for my toddler child who got conditionally approved yesterday is in SEPTEMBER at ORD. The other location in loop doesn't show any availability on any dates or months.

Still waiting for our( wife and mine) approval.

Do they try to fingerprint children too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.