Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by dswallow
Thanks to the Brexit count I was glued to the computer and just got a 6/25/2016 interview appointment.
Awesome!, my wife has a 1620 appointment tomorrow, so if you are around that time, may be she will run into you. Now I just have to wait for my kids approvals which should hopefully come any day now.

Then next weekend I will try to get them with my mom.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:43 am

Applied 5/27/16
Conditional approval 6/15/16 at 10:10 pm ET

Originally scheduled appointments for self, spouse and daughter for 8/14 at JFK.
Changed today to US Customs House in Bowling Green...maybe they just opened up appointments? There were no appointments there at all when I first checked on the 15th. Now going in July 29 since that works for my schedule, but I could have gone in next week or any day in July. Tons of appointments available.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:00 am

Location: Long Branch, NJ USA; DL PM, no wait DL GM, no wait DL nothing
Originally Posted by gundan
Awesome!, my wife has a 1620 appointment tomorrow, so if you are around that time, may be she will run into you. Now I just have to wait for my kids approvals which should hopefully come any day now.

Then next weekend I will try to get them with my mom.
My appointment is at 18:00 so I doubt we'll cross paths but she can leave a note folded up and placed to the left of the door to the Customs office doing interviews if she has any insights to share after meeting the agent(s).
Old Jun 25, 2016, 12:24 am

Husband and I applied: 6/1/16, around 10:30 PM
Both conditionally approved: 6/22/16, around 7:15 PM

First available interviews available at SFO: 09/14/16

I used an add-on to check for website updates every few minutes and left the page open while watching TV. I lucked out and grabbed an interview slot on 6/24/16. I arrived early and ended up finishing my interview before my scheduled appointment time.

I couldn't find an earlier slot for my husband that wasn't at 3:00 AM or the like. But after reading on this forum that families are sometimes interviewed together, we took a chance by having him come with me. I asked the officer who checked me in if he could be interviewed, too, and she said, "We'll see." I asked again when a different officer called me in to interview and got the same answer. A few minutes after I went in, another interviewer brought him in.

As we were leaving, there were five people checking in with appointments, so YMMV. Perhaps we lucked out by showing up early and having no one else with an appointment waiting?

We were both told we were approved on the spot, with emails waiting when I checked after getting to the parking garage.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:47 pm

I applied for both my kids on 6/6/2016. Both of them got their approval earlier today 6/26/2016. Too bad my wife just went for her interview yesterday. Have to hunt for interviews for the little ones this week.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:52 pm

New Orleans, a good experience

We applied Sat 5/28, got approved 6/17, were able to book my wife for 6/22 at 5:30. My confirmation was a day later. I originally booked for 6/28 and was able to move up to 2:20 on 6/22 on 6/21. I did use the script, modified to text me rather than email. It helped a bit, but was hard to automate on Win 10 (at least with my Python setup)

New Orleans does accept walk-ins, will generally take families together, and (despite what the website stills says) has expanded their hours to 8:30-6:30 or so Mon - Fri.

We showed up for my 2:30 appt at 12:55. There was no one waiting, they took us at 1:00 and we were out by 1:15.

They just recently expanded those hours from what the web shows and are backfilling new appts. Very painless. Lots of capacity right now in NOLA
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
If you are willing to drive to Canadian border, you should apply for NEXUS at half of the price instead of renewing your Global Entry.
There are two GE interview locations in northern MN that I was planning to check if necessary since it's been reported that MSP has no interviews available before November. I'm not sure that these places process NEXUS too.

My thinking had been that if there's a last minute opening, flying to it could be expensive, but wouldn't matter if one drives. Given this, I'd rather drive to the north shore of Lake Superior, way beyond Duluth than to ORD. It would be roughly the same driving time and at least the north shore drive is very pretty. In fact, I know exactly where that interview location is, at the border along MN-61 just beyond Grand Portage and its National Park Service historical trading post and museum. The other northern MN location has very limited hours and looks like a very long drive on secondary roads.

ADDED. I just checked and the more convenient GE place in Grand Portage does NOT do NEXUS but the isolated place in Warroad does. In fact, its hours seem to have been extended since I looked several weeks ago. There's also a NEXUS place somewhere in ND.

BTW, for anyone from close to MN who's having trouble getting a GE interview slot at MSP, check Grand Portage. It has much longer hours (8 am to 8 pm every day IIRC) than MSP (9-5 M-F).

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 27, 2016 at 1:47 pm
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:42 am

Any one applied on/after June 8th and received cond. approval? I am waiting on my wife's approval to schedule her interview with me.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:28 am

Two of us applied evening of June 8th.

Received both conditional approvals early morning of June 28th.

Milwaukee has absolutely zero interview slots available and Chicago isn't much better.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CivicDriver

Milwaukee has absolutely zero interview slots available and Chicago isn't much better.
MSP supposedly has noting before November and then lots of slots. I suspect that Grand Portage is easier as they do interviews from 8 am to 8 pm every day. Have you considered a mini vacation to the North Shore?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by CivicDriver

I had applied for my wife on June 8th eve as well. Nothing yet.

Keep looking for dates. based on my experience last week, i saw many recent dates available at ORD and other locations. Trick is keep looking when you have time. Set calendar as month and swipe through. you can also change location and do the same.

Last edited by Chdesai84; Jun 28, 2016 at 10:21 am
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:14 am

Have you looked at the Oshkosh Airshow? Looks like they have openings.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by 123a
The traffic and crowds will be a big mess. Plus, I suspect that you must buy a ticket for admission to the airshow to get to the GE interview site.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by 123a
Yes, we are tentatively scheduled for the Airshow slots. I've never been so maybe worth the day trip if we can't find anything sooner anywhere else. I actually just got off the phone with the EAA. Just to reach the Federal Pavilion where the Global Entry thing is set up, you have to pay $10 for parking and $45/person admission to the airshow. Not a huge deal if we enjoy the airshow but annoying that we'd need to pay $100 more dollars on top of the $200 we already spent to get an interview within a reasonable amount of time.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:28 pm

I have applied for my wife on June 8th. Based on timeline and same date applications in this forum,she should have received cond. approval by this morning. But she hasn't.

Is it normal to get cond. approval little late than normal timeline? when should i start getting worried?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.