Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
If you are looking for an earlier appointment and available this weekend, keep checking, you will be pleasantly surprised. This coming weekend is Memorial Day long weekend; some may want to play instead of going for an in person Global Entry interview.

PedroDaGr8 just found four slots opened around noon at Dulles for this Saturday.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Are there any penalties if you miss your scheduled interview? Like denial of GE?

Edited to add: Mrs. Swede finally got conditionally approved this afternoon (two days after the rest of the family did). I moved our appointments so that we all can go together after school on 11/15 (two applicants per time slot). Within five minutes of giving up my 11/9 spot, it was gone.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Illini_Fan
Does anyone know how quickly my KTN moves through the system? I have a flight tomorrow morning and I've already entered my KTN in my AAdvantage profile, but no PreCheck. Figured it was a long shot, but if anyone knows, maybe I'll have it by the time of my return flight on Thursday.

thanks
Lots of posts in this thread relate (also my experience) that adding your KTN to your FF profile does not automatically flow into a PNR for a trip that's already been booked. Call AA and have them add it to your trip so you'll get it for the return. Don't know if they can reset your outbound but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Old May 24, 2016, 7:16 am

Just a heads up that a bunch of availability has opened up at the US Custom House-Bowling Green location for the end of this week. Just snagged a Friday interview.

Update: Looks like they filled up pretty quick, hope some of you were able to grab a spot.

Last edited by carcettiformayor2016; May 24, 2016 at 9:15 am
Old May 24, 2016, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Barcky
Lots of posts in this thread relate (also my experience) that adding your KTN to your FF profile does not automatically flow into a PNR for a trip that's already been booked. Call AA and have them add it to your trip so you'll get it for the return. Don't know if they can reset your outbound but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Correct, you need to call and have the airline update it for you.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:46 am

SO and I applied midday on 5/15.
Both received Conditional Approval today (5/24/16) - emails came in at 12:10AM
Both are scheduled for interviews on 5/27 at U.S. Customs House-Bowling Green.

Just under 3 weeks until honeymoon so hopefully everything goes smooth and we can utilize all the benefits.

Last edited by npatel107; May 24, 2016 at 8:58 am
Old May 24, 2016, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by npatel107
SO and I applied midday on 5/15.
Both received Conditional Approval today (5/24/16) - emails came in at 12:10AM
Both are scheduled for interviews on 5/27 at U.S. Customs House-Bowling Green.

Just under 3 weeks until honeymoon so hopefully everything goes smooth and we can utilize all the benefits.
Welcome to FT. Your timing is perfect. carcettiformayor2016 reported earlier a bunch of availability had opened up at the US Custom House-Bowling Green location for the end of this week. Great location if you work in downtown Manhattan.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Navigate from the rescheduling form and then come back in for it to truly refresh as if you are doing a brand new search.
Originally Posted by PDXUA
Thank you for the guidance. So in order to get a true refresh: Click Done while viewing the calendar > then manage interview appointment > then reschedule appointment > select airport > (if day view is selected) the first available appointment should be the first thing that appears > SNAG IT!
If you're just going for one enrollment center, I've had the same luck (and fewer mouse clicks) but simply clicking on "Select another center" then "Next". Given I have to move a family of four, it's a little more difficult.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
If you're just going for one enrollment center, I've had the same luck (and fewer mouse clicks) but simply clicking on "Select another center" then "Next". Given I have to move a family of four, it's a little more difficult.
Have three other family members doing the same thing at the same time.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:41 am

My experience at LAX today..

5/12 - applied for GE
5/20 - Approved.
5/24 - Interview scheduled at 7.45 AM

1) I reached LAX area around 6.20 AM as I had to drive from North L.A and wanted to avoid traffic.
2)Killed 30 mins outside INNOUT burger.
3) Then parked the car at P3 at 6.50 AM
4) Walked to CBP office and it was closed at 6.55 AM
5) Bio break and at 7.10 AM walked back to CBP office.
6) One guy came out and yelled everyone to sign in. There were at least 7 people waiting outside.
7) Around 7.35 AM , my name was called.
8) Walked in and the lady officer was just settling down. I was her first target and she was nice.
9) Asked for passport , DL and approval letter.
10) Asked what is GOES which i explained, asked if i travelled to Canada/Mexico. I said Mexico during last year cruise though I will not enter that in form. She read out my employer which is a big Hollywood studio and I confirmed I work for them. Asked if I had any priors which I had none. Asked when I got my green card which I confirmed was early 2000s. She took photo and fingerprints and I was done. I asked if both parents have to come with my 11 yr old's interview and she said only one is enough.
11) Walked out , drove out , paid $3 parking fee and checked my email and I got the approved email..
Old May 24, 2016, 12:43 pm

Experience at Dulles this afternoon:

- Had 1:15 appointment, got there at 12:30 because of light traffic.
- Got a starbucks and got tired of waiting in baggage so walked to office to sit until my time.
- Walked in at 12:40, sat down, one other guy just walked in ahead of me, had luggage so I guess was passing through somehow, a few seconds later a lady walked in too.
- After a minute a TSA rep opened the door, he asked if we had appointments. I said I was way early and had a 1:15, he asked for my passport and D/L. While I fished that out the guy said he has 12:30 appointment and sheepishly said he was a little late. He asked for his Pass/D/L, woman had 12:45 appointment, asked for her Pass/DL. Took them all, closed the door.
- About 2 minutes later, opened the door, called me, called the women, left the guy in the waiting room. I was directed to one of the 5 TSA desks there, asked for my approval letter, gave it to them, travel/life questions, photo taken, circled my known traveler number, explained kiosk, explained fast lanes, card coming in mail, bye, 5 minutes tops.

- Walked out, original guy still sitting there and one other woman that just came in. Guy looked at me "I guess I messed up"

They were very nice, I think they were just making him pay the price for being 8 minutes late, I'm pretty sure they probably got him and the new woman after I and the original left.

BTW, came home, put in TSA number for Delta in my FF profile for an upcoming flight in June. Called Delta to ask if they could apply it, she read the number back to me and said the second I put it in the profile it was automatically attached to any reservations I had booked. Explained I wasn't sure if that would happen and she said it was good to check, but that once it is in their system it will apply to all new and previous reservations.
Old May 24, 2016, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by jeeden
BTW, came home, put in TSA number for Delta in my FF profile for an upcoming flight in June. Called Delta to ask if they could apply it, she read the number back to me and said the second I put it in the profile it was automatically attached to any reservations I had booked. Explained I wasn't sure if that would happen and she said it was good to check, but that once it is in their system it will apply to all new and previous reservations.
Thank you for sharing. It is good to know once it is in their system, it will apply to all new and previous reservations.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Welcome to FT. Your timing is perfect. carcettiformayor2016 reported earlier a bunch of availability had opened up at the US Custom House-Bowling Green location for the end of this week. Great location if you work in downtown Manhattan.

Thanks, saw his post shortly after I posted. I've actually been checking the forum since I applied and saw most people seemed to have a 7 day turnaround until Conditional Approval so I was starting to get nervous.

I work in midtown, but summer Friday's begin this week so timing is working out perfectly all around. I just hope I don't run into any speed bumps along the way.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA
Miracles can and do happen!

I've been checking regularly for an earlier date at SFO and within a hour I had a 8 AM July 17 appointment but later a more reasonably timed July 27 slot opened up which I took. But I didn't give up and was checking on and off through the day and I managed to snag an afternoon slot this Thursday!

No special tricks needed, just determination and remembering to check when you have a moment.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:02 am

Applied: 5/13
Conditionally Approved: 5/22
Interview: 5/26 and will update with interview experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.