Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by TWA884
A close friend submitted an application for her three months old infant on Wednesday, July 3. Approval came early today, Monday, July 8. Thursday was a holiday.
Final approval this morning at JFK.
The guy was funny. Asked her what she ate for breakfast, where she lived, etc. Hammed it up
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Socastee
*For those that just joined this thread, I applied on FEBRUARY 18th and after double checking my math today actually marks day 143 with no status update.
143 days is such a long time. Are you a foreign-born US citizen? This might explain the long delay.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by wanderer2017
143 days is such a long time. Are you a foreign-born US citizen? This might explain the long delay.
Nope. Born in the US to US citizen parents. Previous occupation required an FBI background check as well one with current employer. Ive lived at same address for 14 years. Its to the point I wouldnt even care if I hadnt paid $100. 😑🙄
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:22 am

Timeline / status thus far:

02.10.19 – applied for Global Entry
05.30.19 - submitted an online / web 'complaint' >> incident/ticket #1 was created
05.31.19 - called nearest GE Enrollment Center - 'Yes, we see your application, but cannot do anything about it'
06.03.19 - called 1-877-227-5511 (6/1/4/0) and apparently representative opened a NEW incident/ticket #2 instead of updating existing incident/ticket
06.04.19 – response received with new incident/ticket #2 >> Escalation #1
06.08.19 – response received to incident/ticket #2 >> status: Closed/Clarify
07.05.19 – replied to incident / ticket #2 email asking for status (no response was received)
07.09.19 – responded to 06.08.19 email (incident/ticket #1) asking for status
07.09.19 – response received to incident/ticket #1 >> Escalation #1 >> status: updated
07.13.19 – response received to incident/ticket #1 >> “We have reviewed your application and found no issues. Your application is under review and your account will be updated once the review is completed. Unfortunately this process cannot be expedited further.” >> status: Closed/Clarify
07.15.19 – called 1-877-227-5511 (6/1/4/0) >> they could see application, verified that it has been over 100 days and she is ‘escalating again’
07.15.19 – response received and guess what … another incident/ticket #3 has now been created with a new subject line “Global Entry Application Pending Over 11 Weeks (this must be new) >> Escalation #? >> status: Updated *** within the response, there is this note/hyperlink: We are continuing to work on your issue. If you have more information, update your question here:

As of today: 22 weeks & 1 day = 155 DAYS

Last edited by mcarney64; Jul 15, 2019 at 9:10 am
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by forsch
That is horrible. I am on Day 100 now (applied 4/3 and still pending) and read your updates about your boyfriend with growing horror (saw the first posts were at the beginning of June and kept thinking "well surely the next post from mcarney64 will say he was finally approved"). Hang in there!
Just got my conditional approval. Hooray! I had emailed them to ask for escalation on Thursday and have just gotten conditional approval today (the email I sent them does not seem to have been processed yet, so it might be a coincidence). I have already scheduled an appointment at JFK for the interview.

My wait was 104 days altogether.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by forsch
Just got my conditional approval. Hooray! I had emailed them to ask for escalation on Thursday and have just gotten conditional approval today (the email I sent them does not seem to have been processed yet, so it might be a coincidence). I have already scheduled an appointment at JFK for the interview.

My wait was 104 days altogether.
Congrats!!! I'm hoping for CA this week --- We need positive vibes from everyone please
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:05 am

So last Tuesday I called the number to escalate my girlfriends application. After being on hold for 25 minutes not counting even not being able to get through for 10 minutes straight. I talk to a person who informs me they can't help me since I am not the person on the application. To which I state that she is unable to call due to work. I give them her info and said that as of 7-11-19 it would be 11 weeks from submission of her application. He said oh yes I can see that. But I am sorry I still need to speak with her personally. So on Friday 7-12-19 we call back and after another 40 minutes on hold she talks to an agent to only be told oh they just changed the average wait time to 98 days (14 weeks). So she was told to call back in another 3 weeks if her application still wasn't approved by then. So this is our 3rd time total contacting them and every time we get told that the wait time went from 9 weeks to 11 weeks to now 14 weeks. At the current rate wait times will be up to a year. I don't see how they will ever get caught back up. We even mentioned our upcoming trip that would like to utilize this for as that is what the agent said to tell them when I had my interview. Such a disappointing process that people have to go through. Personally I don't think they should even take your money until they process your application.
SAEMom25 likes this.

Last edited by Marty0787; Jul 16, 2019 at 6:19 am
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
For tracking purposes...

Applied 7/12
Conditional Approval 7/16
Current TSA Pre holder (if that matters)
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Marty0787
Such a disappointing process that people have to go through. Personally I don't think they should even take your money until they process your application.
This has always bothered me too. I'm on day 93. Applied (and paid!) 4/15. Waiting with no expectation it will happen any time soon.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:45 am

Besides the no idea when you may or may not be approved is now that I have mine and she doesn't. When we travel it is not like I am going to use it and have her go through the regular line. So it in turn becomes an even bigger waste of time and money if I can't use it as well.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:28 pm

Besides the no idea when you may or may not be approved is now that I have mine and she doesn't. When we travel it is not like I am going to use it and have her go through the regular line. So it in turn becomes an even bigger waste of time and money if I can't use it as well.
Agreed! We are in the same situation - I've have my GE card, but we are still waiting on his CA - we fly the first week of October
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:54 am

Ya we leave on September 5th for Japan. At this point I am not very hopeful that she will get her GE by then. Think I am going to sign her up for TSA pre check to at least have that much for now. And maybe that might help speed things up. I wonder what the plan is to get caught back up. Since the wait times keep going up and not down. There surely would have to be a plan to get things back to a normal state.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:09 am

Ya we leave on September 5th for Japan. At this point I am not very hopeful that she will get her GE by then. Think I am going to sign her up for TSA pre check to at least have that much for now. And maybe that might help speed things up. I wonder what the plan is to get caught back up. Since the wait times keep going up and not down. There surely would have to be a plan to get things back to a normal state.
You would think there would be a plan - but who knows how long does it take to get just TSA pre check? That might my boyfriend's only option as well
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:01 am

Possibly 2 to 3 weeks. Depending. But can go quicker. We will see. Going as a walk in on Friday. Will post how it goes. At this point it is worth the extra $85 dollars since there is no end in sight for the GE.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:46 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

For indexing and future search purposes, please discus TSA Pre✓ enrollment processing timelines in the relevant thread:
Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.