Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:40 am

I applied on 8th October, conditionally approved on 20th Nov. Had interview in Boston on 21st Dec, immediately approved but no sign of the card yet. I am guessing it will be delayed due to the shutdown. Hoping to have it for my next trip beginning of March.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:06 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by LucyK1806
I applied on 8th October, conditionally approved on 20th Nov. Had interview in Boston on 21st Dec, immediately approved but no sign of the card yet. I am guessing it will be delayed due to the shutdown. Hoping to have it for my next trip beginning of March.
You don't need the GE card unless you intend to reenter the the US at a land border or wish to use the expedited security screening lanes at Canadian airports.

Please refer to the following thread:
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:45 pm

Applied for GE yesterday and still waiting for conditional approval. Previous DPs say as quick as 1-2 weeks, right?

However, with the government shutdown, is conditional approval also delayed and backlogged, not just GE approval post-interview? Hoping to get conditionally approved within 2 weeks where there are still several appointment dates and times still open. Thoughts on likelihood?

If not, no rush as I won't need GE until April but just hoping to kill two birds with one stone.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by wallyt1215
Applied for GE yesterday and still waiting for conditional approval. Previous DPs say as quick as 1-2 weeks, right?

However, with the government shutdown, is conditional approval also delayed and backlogged, not just GE approval post-interview? Hoping to get conditionally approved within 2 weeks where there are still several appointment dates and times still open. Thoughts on likelihood?

If not, no rush as I won't need GE until April but just hoping to kill two birds with one stone.
We have a thread discussing the effect of the government partial shutdown on the Global Entry application process.
84fiero likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:42 pm

I applied and paid my GE fee in mid-December and I am still waiting for conditional approval. I thought I would have heard something by now but I guess it's a good thing I'm not in a hurry. Hopefully, I will hear from them sometime before summer gets here.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:11 pm

NOV 7 pending review still

Hopefully I get some good luck posting on here.

My wife and I both applied the same time. Both US citizens. We applied Nov 7 and she got approved about 2 weeks later. She scheduled the interview but due to the shutdown she had to reschedule. She got another email saying she could schedule so now she has an interview coming up soon.

I on the other hand am still pending review. They charged my card way long ago.

Whenever I email the support team they just give me the generic response that it can take 8 weeks or longer...

IS there someone I can contact or anything I can do? Do I just wait it out?

Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by aznkorboi
IS there someone I can contact or anything I can do? Do I just wait it out?
Just wait. And, welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cliff358
I applied and paid my GE fee in mid-December and I am still waiting for conditional approval. I thought I would have heard something by now but I guess it's a good thing I'm not in a hurry. Hopefully, I will hear from them sometime before summer gets here.
I'm in the exact same situation (also applied mid December).
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
Applied on the 2nd December, money out same day, still pending approval..
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
Applied for myself on December 1st - still pending review (as expected with the government shutdown). Applied for my wife on December 3rd and she was approved December 6th.

On a side note, when I was filling out my wife's application I realized I had left out 2 countries that we had traveled to on my application. Anyone know if that will be an issue?

Upon thinking about it, I can't imagine everyone remembering every country they've been to in the last 5 or 6 years, especially those who travel for business. I personally know several people that have to take around the world trips every couple of months and I can't imagine them remembering every itinerary they've had.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by elc2414
On a side note, when I was filling out my wife's application I realized I had left out 2 countries that we had traveled to on my application. Anyone know if that will be an issue?
Should not be a problem; however, it's a good idea for your wife to make the correction at her enrollment interview.

Please refer to the following thread:
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:38 am

I applied and paid on Jan. 4th, no update still pending. My wife applied on Jan. 17th, and today it went to conditionally approved. She hasn't been out of the country since 2011 while I went to Israel in 2014 and Canada a few times since 2014. Clean records for both of us. We'll have to travel 2 1/2 hours for the interview since there is no airport around us that does them. Not that we can schedule an interview anyway
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:27 pm

I applied in early November and still haven't heard anything back yet, almost 3 full months later. Anything to be worried about or have others had similar wait times with the shutdown?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:38 pm

Applied 11/2/2018 (almost 3 months) and application still pending for conditional approval
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by rwgames
I applied and paid on Jan. 4th, no update still pending. My wife applied on Jan. 17th, and today it went to conditionally approved. She hasn't been out of the country since 2011 while I went to Israel in 2014 and Canada a few times since 2014. Clean records for both of us. We'll have to travel 2 1/2 hours for the interview since there is no airport around us that does them. Not that we can schedule an interview anyway
Your Wife applied on Jan 17 and got conditional on the 22??? During the Shut Down??? I am impressed, I would have assumed Nothing was taking place during the shut down??? anyone else have action during the shut down??? Like a lot of others... I applied on Nov 17 along with wife... I am still waiting,,, she got her conditional and had the interview on Dec 18 and has her card and I am still waiting,,, LOL>. at least some people got activity durning the shut down and now the shutdown is back up for the next 3 weeks at least..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.