Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Trip Report BNE to JFK 15Aug

Old Aug 15, 2009, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, OW Emerald, AAdvantage, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold

Am currently at 37000' writing this 'report' on an AA flight courtesy of GoGo, used to be the only time I got any peace was flying, well guess as the internet addict I am this is not going to be for much longer...

Anyway was booked on QF15 at 11AM this morning (Saturday 15th) out of Brisbane bound for LAX, have to say straight away that I was spoiled by my A380 experience last week on the trip to SYD. The A380 is definitely a great plane, I always travel with my NC headphones however these seemed to practically redundant on the 380, it was so quiet, the staff also were top notch and seemed to fit in really well with what has to be IMHO considered as the premium transpac option available at the moment...

Back to BNE and we checked in around 8:30 for the 11AM flight, were advised that the flight had arrived late and there was to be a 1 hour delay on departure! We had a separately booked AA flight out of LAX however the 1 hour shouldn't be too big of an issue, so not too concerned. Went through Immigration and off to the lounge which was VERY busy compared to the SYD lounges, one can only hope this one is due for an expansion soon!

Boarding started around 11:15 and we were some of the first onto the plane, settled in and began to wait... I think we had 3 announcements that told us there were some maintenance issues (Autopilot) and there was going to be another 20 mins delay, after an hour or so of these the plane was getting really hot, they announced we had another hour to wait but could get off (but not leave gate area) and that they were opening the doors. They started up the movies and after an hour we were told it was going to be another hour (issue was now a seal in the tail?), finally got the issues sorted and we took off about 4:30PM after sitting on a hot plane for 5 hours, JOY! Curiously the PAX that had decided to get off (and after XX minutes they announced no more people were allowed off) came back reporting they had been allowed to the food court AND were given food vouchers

Arrived LAX 11:30AM (Saturday) so missed our 9:30 connection, queued for an hour at the transit desk however aside from the queuing they were really helpful, they managed to get us on the 4:15 flight to New York (get in at 1AM), however they apologised that the flight was full so they had to put us in 1st class (3 class transcon so things are looking up)!!! Friend traveling with us (no status) didn't fare so well as she is connecting to Montreal so she leaves LAX at midnight on red-eye and flies to Montreal via Chicago instead of New York, however they did give her a room at the Hilton for the day so she has gone off for a sleep.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 9:48 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
[QF Mod Hat]

Since this is a trip report AA and QF, there's a specific forum for these.

[/QF Mod Hat]
Old Aug 17, 2009, 4:18 am

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
So, where is it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.