Reload this Page >

IAH-LAD-IAH in C on the "Houston Express" - World Airways / SonAir

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH-LAD-IAH in C on the "Houston Express" - World Airways / SonAir

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2008, 1:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I was in IAH a few weeks ago (see my TR) and saw the WO MD-11 and thought of this TR. Truly interesting experience!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 2:45 pm

Location: Everywhere & Nowhere - living in hotels worldwide 365
Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat/IC Amb, Hyatt Globalist, GHA Plat
Originally Posted by lalonde
How many flight attendants does World staff their flts with?
Looking at the crew schedule for next Monday's flight, I see 12 FA's. I'm pretty sure that doesn't include the previously mentioned Angolan crewmember for the Portuguese speakers.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
This was one of the most interesting TR"s I have read on FT. ^^
Thanks for posting.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
I work for Oil and gas services company. Our company travel agency is also Carlson Wagolit. I just went through Angola last month but through the long painful way to earn my UA miles! IAH-FRA-JNB-LAD-JNB-FRA-IAH. The total airfare was about $2700 in coach. If I really have to go to Angola again, I would definitely go with Houston Express next time and screw the miles! It's not worth it flying with that many connections to earn miles. Is the airplane painted in white? I believe I have seen it in Houston and Angola. Cool report. Give me stronger business case to fly with Houston Express.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:26 pm

I would love to go to Angola. I remember going into a TAAG office in Harare years ago, but the fares were really high.

World Airways/SonAir sounds like a nice way to do it.
Old May 12, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UAL 1K 2MM, AA Million Mile Gold
Thanks for the post on the Houston Express

Thanks SO much for the post.

I have a customer who wants me to fly to Angola to train some oilfield workers in Northern Angola in Malongo.

They told me they'd get me Business Class on the "Houston Express".

Your post was SO helpful.

Thanks

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.