Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

DING DING! What makes a GREAT Trip Report?

DING DING! What makes a GREAT Trip Report?

Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by akersnl
This is a report of reading trip reports. I thoroughly enjoy this section of the website and check it multiple times per day. I am pleading with posters to challenge themselves to find adjectives besides "quite" to use in their writing. It seems this word is becoming one of the most over used words in the English language. Some of these reports are using it in ever other sentence.

I appreciate these reports, enjoy seeing the pictures, and have used much of the information contained in them to aid my own trips. Just, enough of the word "quite" please.

Don't bother replying, "I find this post quite distasteful." That is the obvious arm chair internet smart a$$ remark.
Quite.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Quiet!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Obviously the OP doesn't have enough to do.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
This is a report of reading trip reports. I thoroughly enjoy this section of the website and check it multiple times per day. I am pleading with posters to challenge themselves to find adjectives besides "quite" to use in their writing. It seems this word is becoming one of the most over used words in the English language. Some of these reports are using it in ever other sentence.

I appreciate these reports, enjoy seeing the pictures, and have used much of the information contained in them to aid my own trips. Just, enough of the word "quite" please.

Don't bother replying, "I find this post quite distasteful." That is the obvious arm chair internet smart a$$ remark.
That sounds quite right and I quite agree with you,
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by oneworld82
That sounds quite right and I quite agree with you,
I was tempted to write that but wasn't "quite" up to it.

IBTL. Moderator, please move to OMNI. lol

Last edited by Wiirachay; Nov 2, 2012 at 11:27 pm
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
How about an outright ban on the use of "loose" for the word lose?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
How about an outright ban on the use of "loose" for the word lose?
Quit quite, lose loose!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:02 pm

Its quite apparent your all literally "mad," you flyertalker's.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Quiet!
Quite!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Since Aug 2010, Hyatt Platinum
I had to stop reading a well known points blogger most everyone knows because he kept using the word "however" over and over again!

It was just too distracting..
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
WHen did you rule this forum? Telling others how to write, very ballesy.... Learn to live with it..

Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:31 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
When this gets moved to OMNI, the OP won't be able to view it. That is quite amusing.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
WHen did you rule this forum? Telling others how to write, very ballesy.... Learn to live with it..
About the same time as every other internet dingle-berry on this forum decided to be able to tell every poster they are the stupidest people that ever lived.

The other rule I would like to enact is that no trip report can be started unless you are posting details of at least one portion of your trip. So many threads are started these days that are, "I'm thinking of taking such and such trip in 2014 and here is my place holder..."

And then you don't get any updates for days and days and a millennium. These threads then blow up into 3-4 page odysseys of people replying "can't wait," or "looking forward to," before the OP ever posts a single true detail of their trip.

Quite annoying
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond

What a load of quite.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:44 pm

"QUITE Annoying" akersnl?

...and yet you expect others to find other words?

Pot, this is kettle... Over.

(It IS quite a useful word..isn't it?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.