Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

ORD-MAN in BMI Premium Economy (with Pictures)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD-MAN in BMI Premium Economy (with Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2007, 2:55 am

super report i really enjoyed reading it.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just caught up with this report Kevincm thanks to your signature.Great to read a BMI report as it's not often you see them and one with great pictures as well.^
Looks to be a pretty good product BMI have there..
Old Nov 25, 2007, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Great report.

Thanks for reporting on the new PE kevincm as others have stated it is nice to see what BMI have to offer. It looks great.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Thank you Mooba, HIDDY, UCBeau, fatmac70 and polo123 for the kind comments

Originally Posted by Moomba
Thanks for reporting on the new PE kevincm as others have stated it is nice to see what BMI have to offer. It looks great.
Not a problem... It gives me something to do whilst flying writing a trip report (or sorting through a pile of images I'm working with - Not much of a difference these days)

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Great to read a BMI report as it's not often you see them and one with great pictures as well.^
Looks to be a pretty good product BMI have there..
I'm used to life at the back - so anything further forward is appreciated (especially when it works out cheaper than a full S/U/L fare). As a rounded product, its very good IMO, but there are a few rough edges. Nothing that a little attention can't fix.

Originally Posted by UCBeau
not bad..kinda reminded me of UA's intl C
I'll have to chat to my FA friend who did ORD-LHR-ORD on a UA 777 in May - She might have better recollections of what C is like than I (I saw an UA Domestic first class seat and thought "That it?" before being shoved down the back.

I'll have to push myself on to UA long haul one day. That or ask my FA friend for a big favour *gulp* (I think on reflection it could be easier for me to buy a ticket and be done with it....)

Originally Posted by UK flyer
Read your report a few days ago to see what I should expect so thanks for that. Flew ORD-MAN in the new cabin a few days ago and was very pleased. Cabin crew service was attentive and very good throughout the flight. Had exactly the same menu as you did and opted for the chicken, which I didn't enjoy much so I requested another main course - the vegetarian option - pasta in tomato sauce which was better.
I'm glad the crew were attentive - ^ on swapping the meal over. I hope its a common thing in the PE Cabin that level of service is

I like the tea and coffee service with fresh milk in jugs for a premium economy class service and metal cutlery with the dinner service. Also, the main course wasn't served in metal containers but were in plastic containers similar to those served in business class on short-haul routes. Cabin was almost full as I flew on the eve of Thanksgiving and noticed a lot of pax were paying to upgrade.
Considering I'm used to plastic all the time, I'm surprised I forgot to mention that! Its also nice having a reasonable amount of milk to pour from too as opposed to a plastic pot.

Comparing the food I had on the way out - a Plastic container sounds about right (I've looked at my Y Trip report and yes.. its plastic)

It sounds like loads were good - I'm wondering now the big push of PE is over, that the loads in the cabin are dropping? Would be interested to hear other peoples experiences.

The last row in this cabin - did you notice the seats recline further back ? I think the ones by the window did but not sure about the middle pair.
I belive the crew make nasty faces at you if you try that. (was bang in the middle in Row 12 so I didn't notice)... although others have tried it here.

Just don't blame me or anyone else if you get caught

I've also finally updated the outbound leg (in plain old Y) with images on the following link...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=751969

Thanks all
Old Nov 26, 2007, 8:05 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Here's a photo of my dinner (sorry for the shaky pic, turbulence you know):

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2126/...9ef73127_b.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier, the Arrivals Package was disappointing and a waste of time. BD*G and business pax get these complimentary invitations but in my opinion it's not worth it unless you're desperate for a (crap) shower (in the gym) or a small cup of coffee and 2 croissants. Christ, the amount of paperwork they have to fill in to register you!
Old Nov 26, 2007, 8:42 am

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier, the Arrivals Package was disappointing and a waste of time. BD*G and business pax get these complimentary invitations but in my opinion it's not worth it unless you're desperate for a (crap) shower (in the gym) or a small cup of coffee and 2 croissants. Christ, the amount of paperwork they have to fill in to register you!
thanks for posting the picture and info
Old Nov 26, 2007, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE

Hooray for Plastic dishes

Since I'm a BD nothing I didn't have that opportunity (would had been nice though ... a shower after that flight would had been worth it, as well as something to do with the 2 hour wait for the coach (I swore... sorry )

But thats the joy of paperwork to get not a lot . Is it time for a proper Diamond Club/*A Arrivals lounge at MAN?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.