Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

OasisHongkong Airlines Inaugural flight

OasisHongkong Airlines Inaugural flight

Old Oct 30, 2006, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the nice pics....the seats look similar to SQ J seats from the 90s ---i know the planes are ex SQ - is it possible these are ex SQ J seats or are they new for Oasis?
Old Oct 30, 2006, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi Carfield,

The MEal service is all on one tray, I hope they will split the meal up a little, starter, then service Hot main, then bring desert.

It would jsut give it that extra service aspect and create an more formal Biz class dining.

There is a meal pic (been added), the food was very tasty, quanity was jsut right, china dishware, and salt n pepper pots, Champagne glass had logo as did the china dishes.

No Menu's sadly, but thats part of keeping costs low I think.

Second meal was Just as tasty, my battery was dead, so not able to take more pics.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Thanks for the nice pics....the seats look similar to SQ J seats from the 90s ---i know the planes are ex SQ - is it possible these are ex SQ J seats or are they new for Oasis?

Think i covered this in the report, these are EX Singapore Biz class seats, The Ultimo seats.

The recline/pitch has been Increased by 10 inches to 60 inch
Old Oct 30, 2006, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bearteacher
Are there some pictures of Eco cabin?

I only can afford Eco...
The Econ is the same colour scheme as SQ was, only one pic of econ of the Chairmans wife walking through thanking people for flying.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 6:58 pm
Suspended

The Name OASISHONGKONG.

How does the term 'oasis' even remotely describe Hong Kong? Here's the definition of 'oasis' accordingto Answers.Com:

An isolated fertile area, usually limited in extent and surrounded by desert.

Hmmmmm ...
Old Oct 30, 2006, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N145PM
How does the term 'oasis' even remotely describe Hong Kong? Here's the definition of 'oasis' accordingto Answers.Com:

An isolated fertile area, usually limited in extent and surrounded by desert.

Hmmmmm ...
Maybe it is referring to the fact that the airline is an oasis from the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong...
Old Oct 31, 2006, 4:45 am

Hi

Which termainal from Gatwick does Oasis fly from?

Also which lounge do they offer in Gatwick.

Can't seem to find much information on the Oasis website.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theworld
Hi

Which termainal from Gatwick does Oasis fly from?

Also which lounge do they offer in Gatwick.

Can't seem to find much information on the Oasis website.
South Terminal, they will be using the Service Air lounge there. Ł16.00
I will fly Oasis again next month and update u on how it was.(the flight)

Last edited by Qatar Airways; Oct 31, 2006 at 7:53 am
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Qatar Airways
South Terminal, they will be using the Service Air lounge there. Ł16.00
I will fly Oasis again next month and update u on how it was.(the flight)
Oh, Chav terminal!!

With business class do you get the lounge included in the price of the ticket?

BTW there are cheaper ways to buy access to the ServicAir (sp?) lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Oh, Chav terminal!!

Yes I suppose so, Do as I do, put your horse blinkers on and keep walking! (wabbit, wabbit, wabbit)
Old Oct 31, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
seat request for O8?

I will take Eco and would like to know if I can request an ailse seat with O8 by phone in advance.

Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Qatar Airways
Think i covered this in the report, these are EX Singapore Biz class seats, The Ultimo seats.

The recline/pitch has been Increased by 10 inches to 60 inch
Actually they are not the Ultimo seats. SQ's Ultimo seats are not covered in plush velour like the ones on Oasis. The giveaway clue was also the seat TV IFE. They are the current 'small' TV screen. When SQ launched the Ultimo seats in late 90s, the TV screens were larger already.

However, the seats, the layout, especially the loooong space in row 1, confirms that Oasis did use an ex-SQ aircraft, but was leased out to ANSETT INTERNATIONAL in the late 90s. When the airline folded in 2001, their 2 747-400 aircrafts were returned to SQ and I'm sure SQ leased them out for a while but here it is, back with Oasis under a new name. But everything else on the plane, from the seats, to the layout is the same. The giveaway clue were the 'velour' plush looking seats with the side reading lights. I remember many a times having 'sunk into those coushy' seats when flying on AN.

AN operated 3 classes. Their J had a seat pitch of 55" (Oasis moved it by 5 more inches then if you say that they are now 60"), the F class had 80" pitch and had only 3 rows in the nose cabin. The seats looked almost identical to J's except they decline further to an almost fully flat position. The F cabin was laid out from the Door, and that's why you can only fit in 3 rows if seat pitch is 80". Because when laid flat, the window seated passenger still had room to move around the aisle seated passenger to leave the seat.

Because basically there was not much difference between the two seatings in J and F, ANSETT INTERNATIONAL excelled in the catering department with F class passengers enjoying almost full restaurant dining experiences on AN flights. There was only a curtain seperating between the two cabins. J started from Door 1R/L. But F's catering still came from the usual galley just behind that.. and I remembered seeing the cabin crew then running up and down to First when service started - and you should have seen the food. I had a couple opportunities to fly on AN F then, and boy, they still come up as best in catering in my books after all these years. No airline has yet beat them to date.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:27 pm

Dejavu27

Hey I just found these on the net:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mtaO...elated&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd1sY...elated&search=

The party looks fun.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 1:30 am

Oh, Chav terminal!!

I remember reading (although I can not recall the source) that all passengers had to pay extra for lounge usage and the onboard amenity kit.

I also love the irony in your post! After stating that LGW South is the 'Chav terminal', you then proceed to enquire if there are cheaper ways to access the ServicAir lounge - which is actually quite a chavvy thing the say!

Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick and you are merely lampooning yourself for our entertainment

Last edited by TEX277; Nov 1, 2006 at 1:51 am
Old Nov 1, 2006, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by TEX277
I remember reading (although I can not recall the source) that all passengers had to pay extra for lounge usage and the onboard amenity kit.

I also love the irony in your post! After stating that LGW South is the 'Chav terminal', you then proceed to enquire if there are cheaper ways to access the ServicAir lounge - which is actually quite a chavvy thing the say!

Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick and you are merely lampooning yourself for our entertainment
Not enquring re whether there are cheaper ways to access the lounge, just stating there are actually cheaper ways than buying through Oasis direct. As for trying to save a few extra pounds, personally I don't think that is chavvy, why waste money when you can know you are able to save it in other ways?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.