Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Aloha again, to OGG with BA & AA in the good seats.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloha again, to OGG with BA & AA in the good seats.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Great TR - thanks T8191 ^

If you are now 'Hawaii'd out', what will your next TP efficient holiday.
hahaha!

Well, there's a PHX & SAT** in the concept stage when Matrix spots a decent fare. But much will hinge on next month's week in Valetta (MLA). If we like the place we're going to then we might do several trips @ 240 each time. Far less tiring

* PHX now booked, ex-DUB via PHL. 720 TP to start the new BAEC Membership year

Last edited by T8191; Feb 3, 2018 at 3:45 am
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:50 am

Excellent TR once again Uncle T. I'm glad your tier point run,/sorry I meant holiday worked out in the end.

Perhaps a visit to Hiddy via PHX would help on the earnings front.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Curious. Having just reviewed the final hotel invoice again, they have NOT charged us the $1.50/day for using the room safe. Perhaps Seniors are exempt?

They still charged $0.75 for local calls, though, including the 800- call to AA.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Great report - thank Uncle T!

As a side note we have just been to pick up our daughters from London City airport, they arrived into Dublin from Charlotte this morning and had a 1 hour 5 minute wait for a gate! Luckily their hop to city wasn't for a good 3 hours so it didn't affect them, but as you say it's really frustrating after a long haul flight.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlisonB84
Great report - thank Uncle T!

As a side note we have just been to pick up our daughters from London City airport, they arrived into Dublin from Charlotte this morning and had a 1 hour 5 minute wait for a gate! Luckily their hop to city wasn't for a good 3 hours so it didn't affect them, but as you say it's really frustrating after a long haul flight.
Thanks, Ma'am. ^

Yes, DUB does get a bit congested. A complex layout, restricted ramp space, and too much traffic for one in-use runway!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Great read - and well done for managing to get the pics embedded! You've got me in the mood for my Hawaii trip later this year!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stu1985
Great read - and well done for managing to get the pics embedded! You've got me in the mood for my Hawaii trip later this year!
Thanks, and I think I've almost cracked the basics of the imgur program now

Yeah, Hawai'i ... we have enough T-shirts and ABC coffee mugs now
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by T8191
Thanks, and I think I've almost cracked the basics of the imgur program now

Yeah, Hawai'i ... we have enough T-shirts and ABC coffee mugs now
LOL! I loved the ABC stores for the miniature spirits!!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:40 pm

We've stayed at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel twice before and I absolutely loved it. We had a corner oceanfront room on the 6th floor of the Kauai wing (yes hubby is a smoker) and it was perfect. I love the furniture and artwork, it's a bit different feeling from the adjacent resorts.

There was some quite unusual rough surf on our last visit and I very much appreciated the fact that the KBH doesn't have the usual resort crowds and sardine chair spacing. That was really off putting when walking pass the other resorts on the "strip" in the mornings. Spent a lot of time in our own corner under a tree with nothing and nobody bothering us! Another bonus was no fake rocks with piped in music. Instead there was usually an actual person making actual music in an actual garden with real plants.....
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:16 pm

On the way back, DUB-LHR, did you miss the priority security entrance at T1 and go to the main one?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkFlies
On the way back, DUB-LHR, did you miss the priority security entrance at T1 and go to the main one?
It sounds like we did! We looked but couldn't see it, in our obviously befuddled state. I shall try to be more aware next time!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: British Airways
Great TR as always.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Thank you for another very enjoyable TR.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
I can sympathise with Storm, we lost a cat one year while we were on holiday, my partner was upset for days.

PHX is a great holiday destination as far as I am concerned, I am off for the 21st time in a fortnights time. If you don't mind the heat, out of season house hire can be cheaper than a hotel and some are simply amazing.

Of course BA fly direct from LHR on clapped out 747's, but if you go AA via CLT from DUB you arrive earlier and BA289 to PHX often runs late, Ive done it several times and like you, I like CLT.

I haven't been to Hawaii for over 10 years now and as nice as it is, your observations on costs have struck a chord, so instead after PHX I am going to do an Amtrak trip to Portland.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gatwick Alan
I can sympathise with Storm, we lost a cat one year while we were on holiday, my partner was upset for days.

PHX is a great holiday destination as far as I am concerned, I am off for the 21st time in a fortnights time. If you don't mind the heat, out of season house hire can be cheaper than a hotel and some are simply amazing.

Of course BA fly direct from LHR on clapped out 747's, but if you go AA via CLT from DUB you arrive earlier and BA289 to PHX often runs late, Ive done it several times and like you, I like CLT.

I haven't been to Hawaii for over 10 years now and as nice as it is, your observations on costs have struck a chord, so instead after PHX I am going to do an Amtrak trip to Portland.
Yeah, we lost our previous cat on 1 Oct 08, having left her at the Cattery for 4 days while we went to Yorkshire. She was very needy, and we think she just pined away ... but then she was quite old as well. Not sure we'll have another one: it's not fair when we're away so often.

PHX is favoured because we have a very good friend there, who moved from NoVA. But ... CLT-PHX is <2,000 miles: it has to be PHL-PHX (2,076)
Gatwick Alan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.