A380 First Class Marathon... 48 hours of Qatar, Emirates and Etihad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 First Class Marathon... 48 hours of Qatar, Emirates and Etihad

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Great TR so far SFO777 though I'm surprised you didn't go with AF in business from SFO though, on reflection, I guess it would have been a nightmare knowing what was going on in the forward cabin

I have bad history with United - quote "what do you expect in coach" when I asked what the slop they served us was, the answer should have been "it's linguine sir" even though it looked more like workhouse gruel - so even their Polaris product doesn't turn me on.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SFO777

Love the cardboard bowl which United is using since their old glass apparently were chipping.
Great report and pictures, as always.

Flew UA J in Polaris MUC-ORD in early December 2016 (right after the product launch).
My first impression of the glass sundae bowls was, "Wow, these sure are heavy...especially for use in an airplane." Maybe UA found a good excuse for getting something lighter....
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:57 am

I am confused by Ethihad's first class. If I am correct they have 2 First Class's.

1. The Residence which is the fanciest one; I noticed $23,000 one way between JFK and Abu Dhabi and;
2. The poor man's F at only $15,000 one way?

Do you know if one can get awards to the fancier F or is it only on the less fancy F?

Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Bretteee
I am confused by Ethihad's first class. If I am correct they have 2 First Class's.

1. The Residence which is the fanciest one; I noticed $23,000 one way between JFK and Abu Dhabi and;

Do you know if one can get awards to the fancier F or is it only on the less fancy F?

Thanks.
Less fancy F
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some

Thanks.
You can book the Residence (always 2 seats) with points.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:18 pm

Thanks.
Good question. Is there Residence and a separate First on the same plane (A380)? Or is booking "first" on the A380 give you residence?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The Residence and First Class Apartments are two different classes on EY's A380. The Residence includes a bedroom, shower, bathroom & lounge area. There is only 1 Residence per aircraft and is only on the A380.
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Et...irbus_A380.php

They don't give it away either with high price tags and 2.4 million miles for a redemption.

Originally Posted by CHSDOC
Good question. Is there Residence and a separate First on the same plane (A380)? Or is booking "first" on the A380 give you residence?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by CHSDOC
You find some Videos on Youtube were you can see the difference.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
SFO777, $28 for wifi for the flight? I thought it was free for premium passengers?

Great report as always.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
SFO777, $28 for wifi for the flight? I thought it was free for premium passengers?

Great report as always.
At least it should.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
great tr, was also miffed at dl's stupid psa in the inflight mag about the open skies agreement, etc., glad it wasn't just me.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:55 am

Looking forward to The Residences
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Crubber
Looking forward to The Residences
You might have a long wait.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:10 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Another classic SFO77 report ^^^
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Inspiring report, SFO777!

Regarding the Centurion Lounges (CLs), IME these have gotten so overcrowded that the superior catering of the CL when compared to the domestic AC/SC/UCs' really doesn't make for a decent experience anymore. On our last flight home over the week-end from LAS, there weren't even any seats and kiddos running around made it seem like an upscale Chuck-E-Cheese, so we used the United Club which was sparsely populated and had a nice view. Is your experience with the CL similar? It sucks maintaining lounge members with the big three, but that's what I've continued to do given the mediocre experiences at the CLs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.