Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time EK Business ZRH - DXB

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by NoY
EK food is mediocre IME, even in F (where a number of the menu choices are identical to J, just plated differently)
After multiple flights in J and F I've finally learned to take advantage of the food in the lounge which is infinitely better than anything I've had on board!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:02 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dwugson
After multiple flights in J and F I've finally learned to take advantage of the food in the lounge which is infinitely better than anything I've had on board!
Indeed ^^
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:57 pm
Original Poster
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by DanielW
Dubai is an interesting choice for summer vacation, lightwalker. 45C here at the moment and alot of the expats have already left town until it gets cooler!
I agree Daniel, it's an unconventional destination for a summer vacation. For a week or two it was fine for us, since it was a dry heat that didn't bother as much. But the Dubai Marina, for example, felt like a ghost town and amidst the skyscrapers they are still building, I wondered if the idea of Dubai's rulers is really gonna work. If you basically don't want to live here in 5 Months of the year, who is gonna live in those buildings?
Since you seem to be an expat there: how do you cope with the summer heat? Surely you don't have 5 months annual leave? Or is it only that bad in July and August?

Btw, I have finally finished my review of said summer vacation stay at the Mina A'Salam in the Madinat Jumeirah, if anyone is interested: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...ina-salam.html

Originally Posted by lancasteruk
Thanks for the TR, lightwalker, and also congrats from me for your op-up!

I'm flying with EK back from Tokyo in a week's time with a full price (flex) economy ticket so very much hoping the upgrade gods will be kind to me too!
Thanks! Did the god's of upgrade shine their light?

Originally Posted by NoY
EK food is mediocre IME, even in F (where a number of the menu choices are identical to J, just plated differently)
Originally Posted by gaobest
Great TR and op-up! I'm intrigued that the food wasn't great!
Originally Posted by m3red
Well actually I beg to differ...

I recently did an onboard upgrade j to F and ordered the fish - they pates it as F but it came from J - the guy sat over from me had the same but the fish was significantly bigger so whilst the dish is the same I believe it's more than just plated differently.

The ops photos and report are great - the upgrade rules still suck though!
Originally Posted by NoY
OK. I have no experience of that but I certainly do not rate EK food in general & have, largely, given up with them. The plating is poor too, I think, just look at that steak above......which doesn’t help. We all have different perspectives!

Great report from the OP!
Originally Posted by dwugson
Thanks guys! About the food: It wasn't super great, but still: much better than eco food, which is not edible at times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.