Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Bonvoy Plat , HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Jetsmarter PJ day trip to Miami MLB All-Star Sunday

Airline: JetSmarter, operated by Boomerang Air
Aircraft: Pilatus PC-12
Origin: KORL / Scheduled 10:30AM EST – Actual 9:59AM EST
Destination: KOPF / 11:30AM EST – Actual 11:00AM EST

Greeting all fellow Flyertalk Members. I am, like many of you, a plane geek and this flight was the perfect opportunity to be my first Jetsmarter Trip Report.

I followed for some time the Jetsmarter Forum here on Flyertalk.com and also the adventures of SFO777 on Jetsmarter flights, so I recently decided to give it a try myself. Paid my Smart membership last week and this is my first flight with Jetsmarter.

A quick summary of Jetsmarter services for those who don’t know yet: Smart membership give you access to seats on JetShuttles (Jets chartered by JetSmarter that run regularly scheduled flights throughout Europe, North America, and the Middle East. They are usually available on the app a month in advance and members can book a free seat on all shuttles under 3 hours and flights over 3 hours have a small surcharge), JetDeals (Free empty legs where you can bring guests at no extra cost and depending of the type of jet, you can usually bring between 1-4 guests. You need to be flexible to enjoy those flights, because they pop-up in the app between 3 days to a few hours before the flight is schedule to takeoff) and finally you can Charter your own private jet.

I am currently in Orlando for a few weeks for business (The consultant life you know!) and decided last minute to go to Miami last weekend for the MLB All-Star Sunday game, so I took advantage of Jetsmarter Orlando-South Florida JetShuttle on the Pilatus PC-12 for a quick day-trip. Honestly, the flexibility of doing this kind of trip is pretty incredible and clearly beat the 4 hours drive.

Today's outbound flight was schedule for a 10:30AM departure.

My driver dropped me off at Sheltair FBO at Orlando Executive Airport at around 9:45AM

As I was walking near the door, the receptionist opened the door for me and asked me if I was a Jetsmarter member bound to Miami and said that they were expecting me. She invited me to take a seat while waiting for the pilot to arrive.

The bathrooms were nice and had all the amenities we could possibly need.

The best part of flying private is that there is no security and you can walk directly on the tarmac from the FBO lounge to the plane. This was a JetShuttle so they recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes before takeoff so I played it safe and arrived T-45 and 5 minutes later, the pilots were ready and asked me if I was ready to go.

After a short walk on the tarmac of 700 feet, we are ready to board

I was the only passenger on this flight so no assigned seats and I could try every single seat! It's small, but there's plenty of legroom. After I settled in, the copilot quickly reviewed the emergency procedures and everything was done in 25 seconds.

Ready, set, takeoff!

The aircraft minibar had the basics: ice, hot & cold water, coffee, tea and some chips. That was enough for the hour flight.

We quickly reached our cruising altitude of 15,000 feet.

We flew along the East Coast over the Atlantic Ocean before branching off to Miami.

Slowly getting ready for the final approach into OPF

Touchdown!

The FBO at OPF was Fontainebleau Aviation

Less than 5 mins after landing, we were parked and ready to head out.

They quickly opened the door, and out we go. The Jetsmarter concierge was waiting for me and the Jetsmarter red carpet was in place. Quick picture with the pilots and departure for South Beach.

This was definitely one of the best flights I've ever had. I have flown Business and First before, but nothing compares to the on-ground experience that Jetsmarter and private aviation offer. No wait, no security, basically none of the unpleasant elements of commercial flights.

Up Next:
Part 2 – MLB FanFest and the MLB All-Star Sunday in Miami

Last edited by YUL1941; Mar 28, 2020 at 8:41 am Reason: Adding pictures
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
wasn't aware there was a forum on Jetsmart, you have a link for it.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
wasn't aware there was a forum on Jetsmart, you have a link for it.
There you go:
JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

MLB FanFest and the MLB All-Star Sunday in Miami

A quick Uber later, I was downtown at the Miami Beach Convention Center for the 2017 MLB FanFest.

Quick bite in a restaurant by the pedestrian street on Lincoln Avenue

About 1H00 before the ceremonial pitch, I took another Uber to Marlins Park for the MLB All-Star Sunday Futures game and Legends/Celebrities game.

There were a few activities outside Marlins Park, but being a little late, I went directly to my seat.

This game was the perfect break I needed, although it was not as entertaining as a real All-Star game or a Home Run Derby.

Last edited by YUL1941; Oct 18, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:07 am

Looks like a great way to travel.
Originally Posted by ACForTheWin
Why is the roof closed and the lights on when its daytime with blue skies? Because of the Florida summer heat?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DanielW
Looks like a great way to travel.

Why is the roof closed and the lights on when its daytime with blue skies? Because of the Florida summer heat?
Thank you DanielW. I know I was also disappointed, but they closed the roof, because they were expecting some thunderstorms

Last edited by YUL1941; Jul 20, 2017 at 5:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.