Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Relaxing In Seychelles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Great TR as always! Glad you had a nice transfer at ADD - did you get a similar transfer for return to DXB or the recent trip to JHB?
I am only starting to get into swimming but I agree with your encouragement for the diving certification!
I'm curious if Seychelles are like Maui (which we love - it's my annual holiday goal) in the sense of being a semi-luxurious tourism destination. I'll have to google it.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Awesome report. Thanks for sharing, Daniel.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaobest
Great TR as always! Glad you had a nice transfer at ADD - did you get a similar transfer for return to DXB or the recent trip to JHB?
I am only starting to get into swimming but I agree with your encouragement for the diving certification!
I'm curious if Seychelles are like Maui (which we love - it's my annual holiday goal) in the sense of being a semi-luxurious tourism destination. I'll have to google it.
Many thanks, gaobest. Yes, Seychelles has quite a few luxury resorts, and has the highest GDP per capita in Africa so is not particularly cheap.
Had just a normal bus-terminal-bus for my next ADD transfer.
I would get bored just lounging on a beach, so a dive cert makes these kind of trips so much more fun.
Originally Posted by fivevsone
Awesome report. Thanks for sharing, Daniel.
Thank you, fivevsone. Just writing up my next TR, back to Africa again with hauteboy.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:21 am

congrats for your 50th report. I enjoyed reading them all. hoping for more!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blueferrari
congrats for your 50th report. I enjoyed reading them all. hoping for more!
Thank you, blueferrari. The next TR also has a lot of sand too, although not from the beach.

Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Awesome drone shots! I've been kicking around getting a Phantom for a while. Just haven't bitten the bullet for one yet...

Really looking forward to Namibia. Such an amazing place.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Great TR

always a good read when its written by Danielw

Kia kaha for for the next 50
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
The Seychelles have long been on my list of places I'd love to visit. And not for just three days either, but rather 10-14 days at least. Thank you so much for this beautifully photographed preview of what for me will be coming attractions someday soon, I hope!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by DanielW
Thank you, blueferrari. The next TR also has a lot of sand too, although not from the beach.
I'm guessing that Sossusvlei in Namibia.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: QF WP LTG
Spectacular report as always DanielW, thank you.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Awesome drone shots! I've been kicking around getting a Phantom for a while. Just haven't bitten the bullet for one yet...
Really looking forward to Namibia. Such an amazing place.
Thank you, ChiefNWA. Just writing up my Namibia TR now.
The Mavic drone is also worth looking at too, 75-80% of the capability of the Phantom and so much easier to travel with. Just took one on a recent trip and was very impressed:

Originally Posted by adampenrith
Great TR

always a good read when its written by Danielw

Kia kaha for for the next 50
Whakawhetai koe, adampenrith.
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
The Seychelles have long been on my list of places I'd love to visit. And not for just three days either, but rather 10-14 days at least. Thank you so much for this beautifully photographed preview of what for me will be coming attractions someday soon, I hope!
Many thanks, Seat 2A. 10-14 days would be perfect for Seychelles. Enough to see plenty of Mahe and to get out to Praslin and the other islands. We were just getting away for a few days with a public holiday in Dubai, but definitely hope to get back there.
Originally Posted by blueferrari
I'm guessing that Sossusvlei in Namibia.
Correct.
Originally Posted by snabbu
Spectacular report as always DanielW, thank you.
Thanks, snabbu, hopefully another TR coming soon.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:11 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks for the trip report.

I have always been curious about the Ethiopian ADD-SEZ flight since it's the only way to get to the Seychelles on Star Alliance. Nice to see a report covering it. Great diving photos as well!!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:34 pm

Would love to go to the Seychelles. I believe summer is the best time to go. Thanks for the beautiful pictures.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Thanks for the trip report.
I have always been curious about the Ethiopian ADD-SEZ flight since it's the only way to get to the Seychelles on Star Alliance. Nice to see a report covering it. Great diving photos as well!!
Many thanks, worldtraveller73. The ET flight to SEZ was perfect for getting from A to B for a very reasonable price. The diving was great fun too, would love it head back to do some more.

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Would love to go to the Seychelles. I believe summer is the best time to go. Thanks for the beautiful pictures.
Thank you, Bretteee. From what I can gather it is important to avoid the rainy season (Dec-Feb). One of the German divers said her friend came then and had 8 days of non-stop rain.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seychelles#Climate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.