Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

South Africa: BA F, BA J, SA Y, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Safari and Garden Route

South Africa: BA F, BA J, SA Y, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Safari and Garden Route

Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
12/10 for presentation, mate!

My breath is bated for the following instalments!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Great first part you certainly had a great time in the CCR and glad to see that someone gets to the CCR with plenty of time to spare before a flight we normally arrive 13.00 for a 18.00 departure. Awaiting with baited breath the next episode.^
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Great pics and I like your writing style. Looking forward to reading more!

That being said I don't think I would be able to pick anything remotely edible off either the concorde room or the flight menu--that food and descriptions looked awful

Your first pic...does that door that leads outside have a patio attached to it or you open it and it's a one way trip to the concrete?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Brilliant so far stevieed - love your way of writing and love the pics! Can't wait for the rest!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stu1985
Brilliant so far stevieed - love your way of writing and love the pics! Can't wait for the rest!
Yeah, only another 14 Parts to go

Oh, come on, mate ... get it all ready to roll before you make the first post
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
Looking forward to this!

Quick question though - 2 photos of A380 but appear to be different times/places - i.e. the 2nd photo is at Terminal 3 from the SQ and SAA birds in the background - has a photo from a separate trip sneaked in ;-)
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Many Thanks for the report. I would have picked the same meal in the CCR.
I loved the pics!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:17 pm

stevieed great report. My wife and I are doing a similar trip (staying at the Queen Victoria inCapetown and BA f jnb/lhr/iad) this sept. Can't wait for the rest.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Very enjoyable, thanks
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Oh wow what a great start to your visit to my Country. Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR!!
Your photos really look stunning.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Desperately waiting for the next instalment
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Great start to the report - I look forward to seeing more!
Thanks! More coming every three days.

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Loved the pictures and report.. very professional.
Thanks, well I don’t have a job at the moment so I guess this is my profession ☺

Originally Posted by squawk
Excellent report so far with lots of detail – thank you for sharing! I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the trip unfolded.

As a fellow Canon shooter I'm also intrigued to see your style of photography, given the really diverse nature of the destination and your itinerary. South Africa really does have so many opportunities for photographers.
Thanks and yes, South Africa is amazing for photography. Challenging but wonderful. This report will have a lot of photos in it for sure!

Originally Posted by T8191
12/10 for presentation, mate!

My breath is bated for the following instalments!
Thanks Uncle T ☺

Originally Posted by BA5E
Great first part you certainly had a great time in the CCR and glad to see that someone gets to the CCR with plenty of time to spare before a flight we normally arrive 13.00 for a 18.00 departure. Awaiting with baited breath the next episode.^
Hehe, yes I certainly got my value for money on my CCR visit.

Originally Posted by enviroian
Great pics and I like your writing style. Looking forward to reading more!

That being said I don't think I would be able to pick anything remotely edible off either the concorde room or the flight menu--that food and descriptions looked awful

Your first pic...does that door that leads outside have a patio attached to it or you open it and it's a one way trip to the concrete?
Thanks! Interestingly I was really disappointed with the sound of the menu on the aircraft in particular, however it was actually really decent. Agree though, it really doesn’t scream First Class menu!

Haha, many people have mentioned that in person about my balcony. It’s a Romeo & Juliet balcony (I believe that’s what they are called) and has a hard to see glass panel which stops you falling off!

Originally Posted by stu1985
Thanks, it’s all down to the proof reading!

Yeah, only another 14 Parts to go

Oh, come on, mate ... get it all ready to roll before you make the first post
Haha, I have written up to our drive to Kynsna, so have around a month before I run out of TR to copy and paste in ☺

Originally Posted by ant_west
Looking forward to this!

Quick question though - 2 photos of A380 but appear to be different times/places - i.e. the 2nd photo is at Terminal 3 from the SQ and SAA birds in the background - has a photo from a separate trip sneaked in ;-)
Ha! I literally have no idea how that happened, I think that’s a photo from my Canada trip last year which did depart from T3!

Originally Posted by milesaddict
Many Thanks for the report. I would have picked the same meal in the CCR.
I loved the pics!
Thanks! The meal was delicious.

Originally Posted by jmj9905
stevieed great report. My wife and I are doing a similar trip (staying at the Queen Victoria inCapetown and BA f jnb/lhr/iad) this sept. Can't wait for the rest.
Thanks! I will be posting the Queen Victoria in a few weeks, but basically it’s a great hotel and I would certainly return there!

Originally Posted by offerendum
Very enjoyable, thanks
Thanks ☺

Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Oh wow what a great start to your visit to my Country. Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR!!
Your photos really look stunning.
Thanks! I love South Africa so much and will hopefully be returning this December for a friends wedding.

Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
Desperately waiting for the next instalment
Thanks, it’s coming this evening ☺
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stevieed
Thanks, it’s all down to the proof reading!
And the first paragraph says "This trip report covers my journey from London to Johannesburg in April 2017, taking in the wonderful sites of a South African safari, Cape Town and The Garden Route."

Oh, it's a hard audience here!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
And the first paragraph says "This trip report covers my journey from London to Johannesburg in April 2017, taking in the wonderful sites of a South African safari, Cape Town and The Garden Route."

Oh, it's a hard audience here!
haha, I have to leave something for you to do
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:52 am
Original Poster

I have just posted the second chapter of my trip report, a rather short one as it's the review of 54 on Bath hotel in Johannesburg. Johannesburg chapter coming up in 3 days

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.