Reload this Page >

MB European Delivery Program – An Adventure on Wheels

MB European Delivery Program – An Adventure on Wheels

Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
bergamini

Thanks for the info.

Are you flying DL to take advantage of the $200 airlines bonus that MB gives? I did not, because I flew AA.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bergamini
Looks like my dealer was right, United Premier rebate doesn't apply to ED vehicles:

Mercedes-Benz requires a printed United MileagePlus Vehicle Incentive Program (EAB) form from the United MileagePlus Car Buying Service with incentive amount, bonus mileage, and control number. Incentive amounts and bonus mileage may vary by model year and model. The control number must be used at time of purchase/lease. Purchaser granted control number must be the buyer/co-buyer or lessee/co-lessee. This incentive cannot be used in conjunction with Diplomat, European Delivery, Courtesy Vehicle Program (CVP) vehicle that has not met the minimum service requirement, Special Demos, certificate programs, control number programs, DE1, MB Deal or other Fleet Programs (Corporate Sales or Fleet Employee Program (FEP)), or non-U.S. specification vehicles.
Just a FYI, BMW does not allow using incentives with ED's either.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by allset2travel
bergamini

Are you flying DL to take advantage of the $200 airlines bonus that MB gives? I did not, because I flew AA.
No, the $200 discount had restrictions that didn't work for me since I'm also going to LHR and it had to be on DL metal and while I was willing to book Virgin's Premium Economy, I wasn't willing to sit DL Y or Y+ or pay their J fares through that program. So I used miles for a combined Virgin/Delta J ticket <> London and bought a BA ticket <> STR from London.

My sales rep said pretty much nobody uses the $200 DL credit because the restrictions and fare classes required make it more expensive than booking a normal fare.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
No, the $200 discount had restrictions that didn't work for me since I'm also going to LHR and it had to be on DL metal and while I was willing to book Virgin's Premium Economy, I wasn't willing to sit DL Y or Y+ or pay their J fares through that program. So I used miles for a combined Virgin/Delta J ticket <> London and bought a BA ticket <> STR from London.

My sales rep said pretty much nobody uses the $200 DL credit because the restrictions and fare classes required make it more expensive than booking a normal fare.
BMW has a deal with LH and of course, the fair bucket is a lot more than the cheapest ticket. Plus people on FT should be using points for the airfare.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, promo like this is worst than being useless!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=FlightNurse;28410835]BMW has a deal with LH and of course, the fair bucket is a lot more than the cheapest ticket. Plus people on FT should be using points for the airfare.[/QUOTE

I didn't use AA miles since I found a good econ fare and cleared SUW at time of booking!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.