A few stars in Provence and other nice things

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
History Museum Marseille

Last day – last museum. We went to the Centre Bourse. The day before I had already my “special experience” when a guy who would be controlled very carefully at every proper checkpoint with a bandage “security” on his arm asked me to look in my bag. First time glad I didn´t speak French and he (obvious) didn´t speak German. Second time I used the restroom and when I found a free cabin a neglected guy shouted wildly some gossip in my direction. This time “very glad” I couldn´t understand me and perhaps more important he couldn´t understand me. It turned out the moron waited for a long time in front of the cabin and wasn´t able to realize that one was free all the time. Now he thought he had better rights than I had. OK, nothing against a nice punch-up but first I wasn´t too keen about a discussion with some police officers which don´t surely understand me either and second already my ex-wife always told me that my last experience in this area is more than 20 years ago.... So let him his fun and be glad he couldn´t understand......

But back to the reason for our visit. It was the Marseille History Museum. Outside you can see some ruins of the old ancient harbour.

The museum offered a temporarily exhibition about underwater archaeology.

The main exhibition offers some nice artefacts like shipwrecks and pottery. The focus is on the ancient history.

The collection of artefacts from more modern times were rather impressive

Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Lufthansa MRS - FRA - DUS

For the flight back I booked MRS – FRA – DUS with Lufthansa. I was able to reserve seats in the emergency row without surcharge.
When I checked-in my seat changed into the last row at the MRS – FRA flight! Great, I´m the last row-type. At the end I was able to change it to a seat in the middle.
At the airport I had to pay again for my extra luggage. As it wasn´t possible at the check-in counter I had to go to the Aegean ticket-counter (no LH-counter available) and pay there. They had to call LH-service centre for it, all very complicated! Again not the best service.
Lounge-access is a little bit complicated in MRS but it seems it is nothing special. The flight itself was OK.

The “snack” was a kind of sandwich – absolutely uneatable for me.......

Nice view:

At FRA we had 50 minutes which wasn´t a problem. The flight was full and they tried to check-in bigger hand-luggage pieces at the gate for free. I accepted as I was worry to fight for an overhead-storage. No drinks on this short flight. But I found this:

At baggage-claim I had a “nice” surprise

Thank´s Lufthansa.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.