Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Three Days In Mexico City

Three Days In Mexico City

Old May 31, 2017, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeff191
It's slightly different. At Costco, they sell Mexican Coke so I've tried it. Not a big difference but I do prefer the Mexican version.
I wonder how it compares to Cuban 'Coke' though.

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Looking forward to see the rest ^
Many thanks, aSiAnRiCk. Part II and III are below:

A Trip To Havana

New York, New York
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:32 am

Very nice report. I wonder why they had a Chinese sign about selling pork at the market. Didn't know there was a big diaspora there.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by hkskyline
Very nice report. I wonder why they had a Chinese sign about selling pork at the market. Didn't know there was a big diaspora there.
I wondered the exact same thing!

DanielW, amazing pictures as usual. I do not know how you were awake on the 1st day in Mexico and not fall asleep throughout the tour. #whoneedssleepright ?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hkskyline
Thanks, hkskyline. My guide mentioned that there is a Chinatown on Mexico City, although there aren't many Chinese people though as many left in the 1930's:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrio_Chino_(Mexico_City)

Originally Posted by injian
I wondered the exact same thing!
DanielW, amazing pictures as usual. I do not know how you were awake on the 1st day in Mexico and not fall asleep throughout the tour. #whoneedssleepright ?
Many thanks, injian. Yes, I was pretty jetlagged on the first day. The excitement from arriving in a new part of the world kept me going though!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Your photos are beautiful. Thank you for writing this report and posting them.

The tours look like they were interesting and well-organised; usually I try to do my own thing, but these look worthwhile. I also speak this much > < Spanish.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
Your photos are beautiful. Thank you for writing this report and posting them.

The tours look like they were interesting and well-organised; usually I try to do my own thing, but these look worthwhile. I also speak this much > < Spanish.
Thank you, flatlander. Yes, I'm not a fan of '20+ people on a bus all day' type tours, but smaller groups of 7-8 people are a good compromise when I want to see more of a place with the bonus of meeting other travelers too.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
By the way to the original poster, I decided to copy your entire trip down to the hotel and tours. Will be in CDMX for roughly the same amount of time. I had originally booked the FS but sadly a travel companion cancelled, leaving me to do this trip solo. I adjusted the price point accordingly, since its just me.

Imitation is the best form of flattery!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Mexico City is a seriously underrated destination. Making me want to go back so bad
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Which company did you use for the trip to teotihuacan?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seat38a
Which company did you use for the trip to teotihuacan?
https://www.urbanadventures.com/Teot...ith-the-Locals
seat38a likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
I always enjoy a DanielW report... and this one especially as I'm finally visiting Mexico City for the first time (after many years of anticipation) in a few months' time
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Thanks for the TR. It's given me good ideas for my trip to Mexico City in April.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Took this tour when I was in Mexico City thanks to this TR. I cannot recommend it enough. The guide was friendly and knowledgeable and we ended up with a private tour because no one had booked other than us. I ended up learning that chapulines are delicious!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.