Wiki Posts
Search

Three Days In Mexico City

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nequine
Another great trip report from you.

I just love how you manage to so capture a city with the photographs you take - the ones that normally a tourist wouldn't.
Many thanks, nequine. Definitely no shortage of things there to shoot for a hyperactive photographer like me.
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
Thanks for the Trip Report and Pictures. For what it's worth Coronado, California is where I was born.
Thank you, Loose Cannon, some more photo's of Coronado coming soon:
Old May 5, 2017, 8:16 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks for sharing.

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy the LAX In and Out. I have really enjoyed the view of the landing planes on my visits.

I was half expecting to see a report of DanielW attempting to walk across the crazy US Land Border at San Ysidro instead of the jet bridge but I am happy there was a more convenient option for you. ^
Old May 6, 2017, 12:11 am

I particularly like the photos of your first morning in Mexico City. it looked mint and very artistic (but what do I know about art haha)

thanks for sharing
Old May 6, 2017, 7:12 pm

Great TR. I spent only a few days in MEX...definitely want to go back.

Oh, and that Bohemia Obscura is my favourite Mexican beer.
Old May 6, 2017, 10:20 pm

Hi Daniel, your photos from CDMX are awesome, hope you have enjoyed the city. You should come to other places of my country, every part of the country have something to offer.
You were very lucky with your phone, i have never had an experience like yours but from what i've heard, people never get their phones back, hell, there was a viral history in facebook when someone who was sharing a live video got his iPhone 7 stolen in Monterrey (where I live) while recording and he never got it back.
BTW, Oaxaca is pronounced O-A-HA-KA, though I guess WAHAKA is easier to say for non-hispanics people.
Cheers
Old May 7, 2017, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Thanks for sharing.

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy the LAX In and Out. I have really enjoyed the view of the landing planes on my visits.

I was half expecting to see a report of DanielW attempting to walk across the crazy US Land Border at San Ysidro instead of the jet bridge but I am happy there was a more convenient option for you. ^
Thank you, worldtraveller73. I had some very tasty burgers at Burger Lounge and Smashburger in San Diego and they more than made up for my first California burger experience.

Yes, the prospect of queuing up for hours at the San Ysidro land border was not very appealing! The $16 for the CBX crossing was well worth it too, especially as the MEX-TIJ flight was half the price as going via LAX to SAN.
Originally Posted by blueferrari
I particularly like the photos of your first morning in Mexico City. it looked mint and very artistic (but what do I know about art haha)
thanks for sharing
Thanks, blueferrari. I was super tired that first morning, but I thought I had better go out and explore/photograph and make the most of my limited time in Mexico City.
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Great TR. I spent only a few days in MEX...definitely want to go back.

Oh, and that Bohemia Obscura is my favourite Mexican beer.
Cheers, grandgourmand. Yes that Bohemia Obscura was very tasty, very reasonable price too.
Originally Posted by AlanT
Hi Daniel, your photos from CDMX are awesome, hope you have enjoyed the city. You should come to other places of my country, every part of the country have something to offer.
You were very lucky with your phone, i have never had an experience like yours but from what i've heard, people never get their phones back, hell, there was a viral history in facebook when someone who was sharing a live video got his iPhone 7 stolen in Monterrey (where I live) while recording and he never got it back.
BTW, Oaxaca is pronounced O-A-HA-KA, though I guess WAHAKA is easier to say for non-hispanics people.
Cheers
Many thanks, AlanT, always great to get feedback from a local. Yes, Mexico is definitely on my 'must return' list, so much more left to see and enjoy there. I was very lucky with my phone too, I was so close to losing it!

This is the pronouciation for Oaxaca I got from Wikipedia, but very interesting to hear that there is a different one used in Mexico:

English /wəˈhɑːkə/ wə-hah-kə, Spanish: [waˈxaka]
Old May 25, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Awesome report as usually. I notice a Coke bottle in one of your pictures. Does it taste a differently than made in other countries? I read that in Mexico, Coke is made with real sugar. When I was there years ago, I did not drink any sodas.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Awesome report as usually. I notice a Coke bottle in one of your pictures. Does it taste a differently than made in other countries? I read that in Mexico, Coke is made with real sugar. When I was there years ago, I did not drink any sodas.
Thanks, Jaenks. I just checked my fridge at home (in Dubai) and Coke is made with real sugar here too, so not sure if the corn syrup Coke in the US tastes different from the Mexican (real sugar) coke(?).
Old May 26, 2017, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by DanielW

Many thanks, AlanT, always great to get feedback from a local. Yes, Mexico is definitely on my 'must return' list, so much more left to see and enjoy there. I was very lucky with my phone too, I was so close to losing it!

This is the pronouciation for Oaxaca I got from Wikipedia, but very interesting to hear that there is a different one used in Mexico:

English /wəˈhɑːkə/ wə-hah-kə, Spanish: [waˈxaka]
I forgot to mention about Interjet. For us is confusing to know if is low cost or not, because sometimes they are even more expensive than aeromexico. But they are airline that i fly most because i've been able to get low fare when im traveling to my hometown (Ixtapa Zihuatanejo) from Monterrey. The lowest one was MTY-MEX-ZIH-MEX-MTY at 125 usd with 50kg of baggage permitted (this sunday im gonna fly ZIH-MEX-MTY). Normally the fares are around 200usd one way with aeromexico.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Just spent the last few hours catching up on your most recent trip reports. Such a privilege to be able to read them!

Thanks again for sharing your unique adventures!
Old May 27, 2017, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlanT
I forgot to mention about Interjet. For us is confusing to know if is low cost or not, because sometimes they are even more expensive than aeromexico. But they are airline that i fly most because i've been able to get low fare when im traveling to my hometown (Ixtapa Zihuatanejo) from Monterrey. The lowest one was MTY-MEX-ZIH-MEX-MTY at 125 usd with 50kg of baggage permitted (this sunday im gonna fly ZIH-MEX-MTY). Normally the fares are around 200usd one way with aeromexico.
Yes, they're definitely not like the LCC's I have flown before in Europe and the UAE. Great value anyway and I had no issues.
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Just spent the last few hours catching up on your most recent trip reports. Such a privilege to be able to read them!
Thanks again for sharing your unique adventures!
Thank you, SKYEG. Hopefully some more adventures to come.
Old May 30, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Great photos once again DanielW. Mexico City has been on my list for a while but I always end up picking somewhere else over it.
Old May 31, 2017, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Great photos once again DanielW. Mexico City has been on my list for a while but I always end up picking somewhere else over it.
Many thanks, ChiefNWA. Yes, definitely worth a visit, if only for a weekend from the US, especially with your access to free/cheap flights.
Old May 31, 2017, 11:56 am

It's slightly different. At Costco, they sell Mexican Coke so I've tried it. Not a big difference but I do prefer the Mexican version.

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Old May 31, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Looking forward to see the rest ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.