Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Dragon CAN-HKG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles, BA, Dynasty
Cathay Dragon CAN-HKG

Welcome to my inaugural flight review. Sorry if I haven't followed all the rules of FT forum as a rookie. It's a very short one (the flight, and the review!). Guangzhou to HKG in 70 minutes, push-back to landing. Nice standard short haul 2-2-2 biz class config on the Airbus A330. Space next to seat-back screen to store a mobile phone.

I just wondered if they'd be able to serve food. Somehow they did. The trick was that they handed out a box consisting of cocktail style snacks pre-flight. Nice job!
Attached Images   
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC
Nice short first posting! Interesting to see the service on such a short flight. What was the airborne time? Was the flight busy? I guess most the pax were transferring in HKG?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by cloud925
The trick was that they handed out a box consisting of cocktail style snacks pre-flight. Nice job!
Wow... nice idea...

Thanks for sharing!
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles, BA, Dynasty
Shefgab: airborne approx. 45 minutes. Distance 84 miles. Biz class full. I would guess a % were transferring. I'm told it's just as convenient to drive, if you take into account transfers at both ends, and security.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:53 pm

Excellent report - thanks for sharing. Wow, only 84 miles on an A330! Very clever snack box system.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:57 pm

This flight makes zero sense to me when you think of all the options between CAN and HKG, except for transit pax I guess.

Thanks for posting though!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: CX AY DL
The D train from Guangzhou to Luohu takes 1.5 hours, but the G bullet train from GZ South (very far away from city centre) and SZ North (20mins by metro to Futian) takes 30mins. Still a much more practical alternative to planes
Old May 1, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: TK*G
Did you just fly CAN-HKG or are u connecting to other flights in HKG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.