Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“A road less travelled”. JER > PHX with BA, EI and AA with sectors in EeekOnomy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by T8191
Sadly we fly so rarely it makes the possibility of Lounge encounters incredibly small! The JER Do would work, though!
I would of loved to have attended however it's on the weekend before my wedding.... so I'm assuming I'll be a little busy
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by aidy
I would of loved to have attended however it's on the weekend before my wedding.... so I'm assuming I'll be a little busy
Pesky priorities. At least our friends in PHX had the decency to schedule their wedding for when we were there

All happiness for the future, though. That's really important ^
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A really nice trip report T8191, thanks for putting it together. I hope you've both recovered from the Eco flights!

Congrats on another year of Gold status!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

bt

Originally Posted by headingwest
A really nice trip report T8191, thanks for putting it together. I hope you've both recovered from the Eco flights!

Congrats on another year of Gold status!
Bless you!

Yes, we're Old Goldies again!!

And, yes, we have done Y (taking one for the Team) and have confidently just booked CE JER-LGW-MLA (Row 1)

We're not very pretentious, but there's no doubt BAFT has shown us how to travel And Y is definitely NOT our scene, even on short sectors!
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

footnote: A week after that last post of mine, on 5 May iWife spotted a nice BA Holidays sale offer. So we're off to Antigua (ANU) for a week later this month - Club Europe to LGW and Club World to ANU. New route/destination, and I've already started drafting the introduction for the TR

With the other trips already booked (OGG, MLA, CPT) that will also leave us just 40 TPs short of renewing Gold again and with 4 months to find them. Thanks, FT

Last edited by T8191; Jun 5, 2017 at 8:37 am
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just saw this: may I wish a very belated many happy returns to iWife.

I did enjoy the report.

Alas all domestic (and Channel Island) passengers in the LGW South terminal will be on the buses. The terminal designers never realized that domestic passengers existed and so it is not designed to handle them.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

oh, hello!! Birthday greetings duly passed, and you are thanked!

I engaged with both BA and LGW at some length over the transfer aspect, and they explained quite comprehensively the reasons why it is the way it is. Driven by UK Border Force and the complexities of the Common Travel Area. Still a pain in the butt, though it doesn't make me want to move back to Leafy Surrey
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Great TR!

I like Aer Lingus!

I dislike Dublin Airport, and the time saving of using pre-clearance (even with Global Entry I was interrogated!) was lost on me given the delay in baggage reaching the carousel.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
footnote: A week after that last post of mine, on 5 May iWife spotted a nice BA Holidays sale offer. So we're off to Antigua (ANU) for a week later this month - Club Europe to LGW and Club World to ANU. New route/destination, and I've already started drafting the introduction for the TR

With the other trips already booked (OGG, MLA, CPT) that will also leave us just 40 TPs short of renewing Gold again and with 4 months to find them. Thanks, FT
Surely a quick trip to London for a FlyerTalk meet on 30th June will do?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sealink
^ ^
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Done London, lived/worked there for far too long!! There will be somewhere sunny and warm to be found for those early months of 2018 [gosh, 2018 already on the radar!!]

Great TR!

I like Aer Lingus!
I dislike Dublin Airport, and the time saving of using pre-clearance (even with Global Entry I was interrogated!) was lost on me given the delay in baggage reaching the carousel.
Interesting comments. Never had any delays there at Security, Pre-Clearance or Passport Control ... but I do agree Baggage Reclaim can be grindingly S. L O. W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.