Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue's Inaugural Return to Atlanta!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
JetBlue's Inaugural Return to Atlanta!

After traveling with a friend to SXM to view the last flight of the KLM 747, we decided that now that we've seen a last flight, that we should experience one. Nothing is scheduled to be "last" or "retired" yet as of that time, so we decided to try a "first" instead. Right at that time, JetBlue had announced their return to Atlanta, so we decided to book on their first flight to experience the celebration and festivities involved with such an event.

We booked ourselves on JetBlue flight 397 on March 30, the inaugural flight.

The gate monitor

Gate C9

Breakfast!

This is probably why they chose C9 - It had room for this set-up

Commemorative cookies!

Before the flight started boarding, JetBlue and Airport officials celebrated the grand (re)opening of this route. There was little to no press present unfortunately.

Here's a video of the opening ceremony. A longer video of the entire trip will be included at the end of this post

Boarding was quick, and after standby nonrevs were boarded, we were on our way! The JetBlue execs from the opening ceremony were also on board, as well as a FAM.

After the beverage and snack service, the execs got on the PA and had a drawing for prizes. A longer video of the entire trip will be included at the end of this post

After the games, the JetBlue social media person took a photo of us.

Yes, I'm in it! (And yes, that's a jab at Southwest!)

We landed in Atlanta and was warmly welcomed! Our arrival gate was F14. A longer video of the entire trip will be included at the end of this post

Upon deplaning, we were each handed an Atlanta gift bag. In the bag was a copy of the JetBlue Atlanta poster, brochures for things to do in Atlanta, a keyring, a pen, and a commemorative Coca Cola bottle.

Atlanta gift bag

Commemorative Coca Cola bottle - contents consumed in order to get this back through TSA

Here is Fox 5 Atlanta's article and photos of our arrival and the subsequent departure. When we arrived, we were treated to cupcakes, pastries, chili dogs, and shrimp and grits. I was not able to get any photos or video of the ceremony at ATL since there was already a lot of media present, and I couldn't get close enough to the stage.

Here is a longer video containing the above clips (with some clips edited down for length) of the trip.

Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:49 am

Looks like some super fun festivities!

Flew them to JFK recently and was quite impressed.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Thanks for sharing. I should have done this too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.