Reload this Page >

Iceland in economy – a very good trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iceland in economy – a very good trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:50 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by squawk
... but one tip offered to me by a local was that almost every restaurant, even the roadside cafes at petrol stations, does a soup of the day with bread. This is not only slightly cheaper than other meals, but usually is "free refills" too – just what you need when wandering about in the winter! The ones I had were also very tasty.
+1 to that.

We have had some pretty amazing soups, some almost like stews, in some really out of the way places at these gas station / cafes. Out of the way meaning perched on the edge of an unpaved road halfway through a lave field. All made in house and all really tasty. Probably the most affordable food in Iceland IMHO.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Fantastic photos.
Makes me want to return to Iceland.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Great photographs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.