Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Three trips in one: the 10-day 60,000 mile RTW challenge with CX J, QR F/J, BA J/Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Three trips in one: the 10-day 60,000 mile RTW challenge with CX J, QR F/J, BA J/Y

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Wow that is some adventure you had!

Thanks for sharing.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:47 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by florens
Thanks @G-CIVC for this great report, once again!

I knew they existed but never bothered to order some. But today I ordered two of those...
Haha thanks florens. Hope you enjoy your trip to the US

Originally Posted by nequine
Wow that is some adventure you had!

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks nequine for following through.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Great report and photos! Thanks for the contribution to my source of all knowledge travel-wise

Btw, did you travel HBO for the ORD-HKG-JNB-HKG-DXB part at least? Just wondering whether you managed to tag bags ORD-HKG-JNB-DXB if not.

Last edited by jdtravels; May 14, 2017 at 9:20 am
Old May 16, 2017, 6:31 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by jdtravels
Great report and photos! Thanks for the contribution to my source of all knowledge travel-wise

Btw, did you travel HBO for the ORD-HKG-JNB-HKG-DXB part at least? Just wondering whether you managed to tag bags ORD-HKG-JNB-DXB if not.
Thanks jdtravels for the compliment. I was HBO all the way, can't imagine if I had checked bags with my 2 near misses!

I suspect that would be possible subject to the competence of the ORD staff. What I think will happen is the bag will not go to JNB, but I'm not sure about it being stored in HKG more than 24 hours.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: CX
We know about the miles...but how much weight did you gain on this trip? I did an almost around-the-world-trip over Easter Holiday - mainly flying in economy - and yes, I put on weight too....
Old May 18, 2017, 1:21 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CXZRHaddict
We know about the miles...but how much weight did you gain on this trip? I did an almost around-the-world-trip over Easter Holiday - mainly flying in economy - and yes, I put on weight too....
Indeed...I didn't want to look at myself or be photoed during that time and shortly afterwards... But spacing mileage runs between term times seems like a good strategy to keep my weight under control, if just a bit inconsistent

Notably, the QR meals were significantly less greasy/sickening compared to your typical 'airline food' everywhere else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.