Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Empty Swiss Boeing 777-300ER to Hong Kong with views on Himalayas and Afghanistan

Empty Swiss Boeing 777-300ER to Hong Kong with views on Himalayas and Afghanistan

Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL DM
Great window shots, my favorite! I was on DL38 HKG-SEA last Monday and my flight had to be roughly 25% full.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Is DL selling every seat on SEA-HKG?
That is quite a stretch for an A330-200.
While LAX-AKL is longer on the great circle distance, SEA-HKG has to battle headwinds or needs to deviate to the North to avoid them increasing the distance.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by warakorn
Is DL selling every seat on SEA-HKG?
That is quite a stretch for an A330-200.
While LAX-AKL is longer on the great circle distance, SEA-HKG has to battle headwinds or needs to deviate to the North to avoid them increasing the distance.
Every seat is for sale but the flight is very commonly subject to payload optimization. It's extremely rare for revenue passengers to not be allowed on (they'll offload cargo instead) but standby travel on that route (for employees) is extremely difficult.

Awesome views of the 'Stans as well. That doesn't look like Everest but it could just be from an angle I couldn't find a picture of. Even if it's not, it's still quite a view!

Last edited by ChiefNWA; Feb 22, 2017 at 10:02 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.