BA F with Family to Europe for Winter Break

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA F with Family to Europe for Winter Break

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
it was a great read overall, its a shame i saw your going to be in T3 next month when im in T5, it would of been good to meet
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Nice report. Really enjoyed it.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 4:33 pm

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Your family is beautiful and you clearly had a wonderful trip. It is unfortunate that you all had colds returning, I hate that, but better on the return that the outbound. Again, thanks for sharing your adventures with your family.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by CGRA
CONGRATULATIONS !!
- For this great TR and I truly enjoyed reading it
- To have the courage to travel the world with your Family and little ones
- And most important : For being amazing and great Parents . Bravo
Thanks so much, I really appreciate your kind words!

Originally Posted by aidy
it was a great read overall, its a shame i saw your going to be in T3 next month when im in T5, it would of been good to meet
Thanks, and that is a bummer. I spend far too many of my trips going through T3 with LHR-PHX being one of the T3 routes. I am at least looking forward to the new CX lounge. I will actually be staying near LHR the night before, so feel free to DM if you want to try to meet in the morning landside.

Originally Posted by BHDATC
Nice report. Really enjoyed it.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by halfcape
Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Your family is beautiful and you clearly had a wonderful trip. It is unfortunate that you all had colds returning, I hate that, but better on the return that the outbound. Again, thanks for sharing your adventures with your family.
Yes, it was much better having the cold at the end of the trip than throughout. I remember my PHX-LHR flight last March where all 14 passengers in F including me had a cold or flu... at least it wasn't as bad as that flight (and as the start to the trip)! I'm glad you enjoyed the trip report, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:17 am

Great report! Really impressed with everything you managed to cover on your trip considering having small kids along, well done.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by view
Great report! Really impressed with everything you managed to cover on your trip considering having small kids along, well done.
Thanks view! In hindsight it feels like a lot, though during the trip I was feeling like maybe we weren't doing enough. One difference that I may have noted earlier is that there's definitely a bit less depth when traveling with kids, which gets replaced with other things. For example, you might not spend as much time on each art piece in a museum, but your toddler might be fascinated with running around on a ramp or escalator, or your oldest kid might want to actually watch a street performer given the novelty.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Your kids are so adorable!
Old May 20, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Wow great trip report. I loved your last family one and like then I think your family are amazing.. indeed if you ever want a London babysitter next time....

l spent Christmas in Paris in 1994 and I remember most things being closed Christmas Eve with quite a few things open on Christmas Day and as there were quite a lot of kids in our group we went to Disneyland Paris on 26 December.

The 2nd January was a unique day in the UK this year. When Christmas Day, Boxing Day (26 Dec) of New Years Day fall on a Saturday or Sunday then the Public Holiday defaults to the next Monday/Tuesday meaning an extra long weekend.
Old May 21, 2017, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
[QUOTE=mkjr;27756192]The best shots I have of my daughter are always when she is enjoying a snooze in a full flat bed at 36000 feet in white linens. Ah. What shall she do when she grows up and has to slum it.

Nice TR.[/QUOTE

Marry a Flyertalk points geek and continue lying down to sleep on long haul flights!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Have subscribed first part with all the ducks in a row flights, etc all booked now ready to start reading.^
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Fantastic TR and very brave adventure with 3 kiddies, but it seems everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and so educational for them all. I can well imagine you were all exhausted after your whistle stop trip through Paris, Amsterdam and then London. They will have loads of adventures to tell their friends at school, and am sure your 3 year old will be telling his friends at child care all the great things he did for his christmas and new year trip.^
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
dylanks. Excellent TR. Thanks for posting. Its always very interesting to travel vicariously and especially so from reading the well written travelogues of fellow Jersey Do'ers. ^

Rgds

OF
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:23 pm

Great family tr. Reminds me of when we took out 9&7 year olds to London in 1999. That was the first of many international family trips. Thanks for the memories.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) ✈✈✈, Accor (Silver), IHG (Platinum), Cunard (Diamond)
Interesting trip report. A shame you experienced pickpockets in Paris, but a good warning to others to be on the lookout. I think you've seen more of London than I have!

Do they offer cough sweets in First Class or was it from one of the flight crew?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Super delayed reaction here!

Originally Posted by wrp96
Your kids are so adorable!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Wow great trip report. I loved your last family one and like then I think your family are amazing.. indeed if you ever want a London babysitter next time....

l spent Christmas in Paris in 1994 and I remember most things being closed Christmas Eve with quite a few things open on Christmas Day and as there were quite a lot of kids in our group we went to Disneyland Paris on 26 December.

The 2nd January was a unique day in the UK this year. When Christmas Day, Boxing Day (26 Dec) of New Years Day fall on a Saturday or Sunday then the Public Holiday defaults to the next Monday/Tuesday meaning an extra long weekend.
Ha, I'll keep that in mind (babysitting!) And thanks for the info on the public holidays, that makes a lot more sense now!

[QUOTE=Annalisa12;28339947]
Originally Posted by mkjr
The best shots I have of my daughter are always when she is enjoying a snooze in a full flat bed at 36000 feet in white linens. Ah. What shall she do when she grows up and has to slum it.

Nice TR.[/QUOTE

Marry a Flyertalk points geek and continue lying down to sleep on long haul flights!

Originally Posted by BA5E
Have subscribed first part with all the ducks in a row flights, etc all booked now ready to start reading.^
Originally Posted by BA5E
Fantastic TR and very brave adventure with 3 kiddies, but it seems everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and so educational for them all. I can well imagine you were all exhausted after your whistle stop trip through Paris, Amsterdam and then London. They will have loads of adventures to tell their friends at school, and am sure your 3 year old will be telling his friends at child care all the great things he did for his christmas and new year trip.^
Even nearly a year later, our now almost four year old son still remembers the Eiffel Tower, croissants, the buses of London, and museum gift shops. My wife and I were back in London in November and picked him up some new t-shirts to help him keep some of the memories going hopefully. We were definitely exhausted by the end, but very happy with the holiday overall.

Originally Posted by OldFruity
dylanks. Excellent TR. Thanks for posting. Its always very interesting to travel vicariously and especially so from reading the well written travelogues of fellow Jersey Do'ers. ^

Rgds

OF
Thanks OldFruity! Hopefully there's another Jersey Do this summer!

Originally Posted by jmj9905
Great family tr. Reminds me of when we took out 9&7 year olds to London in 1999. That was the first of many international family trips. Thanks for the memories.
You're welcome!

Originally Posted by Gary999
Interesting trip report. A shame you experienced pickpockets in Paris, but a good warning to others to be on the lookout. I think you've seen more of London than I have!

Do they offer cough sweets in First Class or was it from one of the flight crew?
My oldest daughter had thought I was exaggerating about the possibility of pick pockets, so it was a good lesson for her to stay alert when roaming the city. I probably have seen more of London, as I did live there for a few years. My wife actually commented that we probably got to experience twice as much as a normal family because I always know where I'm going and what we should do next. She then explained that this is why she won't play board games with me, because I'm too many steps ahead for it to be fun.

The cough sweet was from the flight crew, though I'm not sure if it was from the airplane's medical kit or from the crew member's personal collection.
OldFruity and Gary999 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.