Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

First Class marathon: RTW on Lufthansa, Garuda Indonesia, Korean & Cathay Pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class marathon: RTW on Lufthansa, Garuda Indonesia, Korean & Cathay Pacific

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I'm marrying him first! You'll have to wait in line until I get sick of travelling then you can go with him!
LOL. Thank you Annalisa12. But I can only afford one wife... and even then I sometimes wonder.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Sounds great until TSA has the random alarm at T4 Pre turned up to 11...person in front of me got the random alarm, had to go through the nudeoscope. I went through right behind them...got it as well (opted out). Someone else had opted out just before I did as well; with the layout, only a Precheck BP holder would be there, so he likely got random alarmed too. All this when the "transfer" TBIT checkpoint area (to the right after exiting baggage dropoff) was empty and I probably would have been given precheck-lite. But no, I had to walk all the way from there to T4 when I was already planning to walk back to the QF F TBIT lounge to use Precheck, just to get groped at T4 with the random alarm turned up to 11 . So yeah, six of one, half dozen of the other, particularly if one doesn't mind the nudeoscope.
Ouch. Gosh, I've never experienced that or even seen that happen at any PreCheck area.

Originally Posted by bsagator
I flew GA from CGK to SIN last year in Y. I thought I was looking good or something, because everyone working there was so nice. But now it's apparent they are nice to everyone. Thanks for killing my vibe.
LOL. That's too funny bsagator.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Just read this now. They were pushing those German wines back in July...not great.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:20 pm

Besides the burger and the lettuce what was the brown round thing on the plate
Old May 7, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: SQ, GA, AA
Sad update: Effective 20 June 2017, Garuda will cut First Class offering for its LHR-CGK route and switch to a two-class Boeing 777-300 arrangement. Bahasa Indonesia news sources also hints at the possibility that GA's London-Jakarta route might be scrapped altogether if it continues to be a money-losing destination for Garuda.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/ai...-class-london/

Better book your ticket between now and June 20 if you want to experience GA's first class service while it still lasts
Old May 8, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by AA4013
Sad update: Effective 20 June 2017, Garuda will cut First Class offering for its LHR-CGK route and switch to a two-class Boeing 777-300 arrangement. Bahasa Indonesia news sources also hints at the possibility that GA's London-Jakarta route might be scrapped altogether if it continues to be a money-losing destination for Garuda.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/ai...-class-london/

Better book your ticket between now and June 20 if you want to experience GA's first class service while it still lasts
You should try reading your own link before spamming all the GA Trip Reports. Emphasis added to make sure you get the point (that you didn't actually read what your link has said for months before spamming):

AMENDMENT: The airline confirmed on February 28 that this report is erroneous, and it has no current plans to drop its first class product on the London route.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Well I said Emirates because you can board any EK flight directly from the F lounge at DXB and JFK
Even at MXP
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Nachos and Cinnamon Tortilla? What the....

Indonesia was great when I visited. Hope you are able to spend more time there sometime!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.