Trip Report - American LHR-LAX Flagship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report - American LHR-LAX Flagship

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2001, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
In terms of international wine service, AA has an inexpensive but decent California chardonnay in economy, a better one in first, but none in business. There, the closest is a white Burgundy which a wine connoisseur might like but which doesn't do anything for this flyer. When in business class, most recently LHR-BOS a few weeks ago, I explain my preference for the California version to the FA and ask for either chardonnay. I usually get a small bottle or two from economy. On my last flight, though, the FA went forward, brought back a glass from first, and kept it full.

Before you ask: of course she got an SOS.
Old Jun 22, 2001, 3:01 am

Strange about the Chardonnay. Bus Class usually has a choice of French and Californian white and red, and the wine for both classes is identical.
Old Jun 22, 2001, 2:43 pm

Those are business class wines at best.
Old Jun 22, 2001, 6:47 pm

Thanks Terence for an excellent report!

The comparison between AA and UA international first is a great example on why United should not cut back from its international first service. AA really wins in terms of its first class food offering. I had the same godiva chocolate midflight snack on the inaugural TPE-SJC flight as well.

My problem with AA is the same as you. The wines are pretty weak, especially F class shares the same kinds of wines with J class. I love the Dom Perignon on UA first...

Anyway, thank you for all your other reports!
I am surprised that your BA flight from DXB to LHR only had a lunch service. There is usually a snack service prior to arrival. On the short LAX-DFW flight, I am sorry to hear about the poor food. Maybe it is not a high yield route. Breakfast is a pretty important meal of the day and airlines usually do a good job about it.

Thank you again!

Carfield

Old Jun 22, 2001, 7:35 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
I have noticed on several occasions that when the identical item is offered as an entree in both business and first that the portion size in business is much smaller than it is in first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.