Wiki Posts
Search

EWR-DEN-SAN (You know it's long!)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 1999, 4:29 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

EWR-DEN-SAN (You know it's long!)

Or the question will the CAT ever make it to San Diego?

Aug 20: UA FLIGHT 7537... Well, I was supposed to be on THIS flight but when I get to EWR there's a 10 minute delay. Go Red Carpet to check in, and I am told it's now a Half hour delay but she suggests I stick with my original flights.

A half hour and a Sam Adams later, check the T-V Monitor and now it's a ONE HOUR DELAY. With the connection that would barely give me 15 mins at IAD to connect to the San Diego flight.

SO I go back to Red Carpet check-in and another beautiful lady happily goes hunting for a way to San Diego. She says the earlier Denver flight is full and the 5:50p San Diego flight is oversold. IF I can wait about 90 minutes and get a later flight ... She also warned me that I probably would be in coach, but she gave me the first row bulkhead.

I decided to take it, and as a consolation prize she gave me a ONE SEGMENT upgrade (since i used miles for Upgrading.)

SO now I"m on UA 907 EWR-DEN. A 777. Because of so many 1K's and revenue and airline employees I end up in the first row bulkhead of coach, aisle seat. I did not mind, At least I had room for my legs.

Plane takes off about five minutes late. The F-A serving our section seemed very sour. I dozed off (was up since 12:45am) and she bumps into me as she passes out the "dinner" cuisine. She handing me a plate and I said "No, all I want is a COke." I think she was not amused for refusing the meal (some beef steak/mush combination that even Eddie will not eat.)

Flight relatively uneventful and I try to sleep but people keep bumbing into me.

Plane in 10 minutes early. I can't wait to get off.

HUNT for FOOD NOW: end up at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant on the upper level of Denver International. I had the most overpriced fast food ever: a Rosemary Chicken with garlic Mashed potatoes. Not bad, although it felt wierd to give my order to a "chef" who looked like the guy at the Boston Chicken in HOboken.

Spend next two hours in Red Carpet East. Funny and friendly bartender, even when I spilled my Sam Adams all over the little stand with the phone by the window. End up having two Sam Adams and cheese and crackers.

UA 1567 DEN-SAN: It started out great even before boarding when I said "Happy Friday" to the Flight attendant. She thought it was cute and we chatted about how she joined the airline (She liked flying U-A) and I told her I was with U-A for nearly a decade. She must have told the other F-A's because everyone on the flight was so nice.

There was a "snack" service: the biggest country ham and asparagus salad, enough for two meals. (The other choice was a Turkey sandwich about as big as many delis in NYC.)
I told the salad, very good.

The flight was fine and it felt soo good to be in San Diego where my good friends )and FlyerTalk contributors) Onefreeman and Raeban were there to greet me for a fun San Diego Weekend.
Old Aug 24, 1999, 12:00 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks Catman- You and Sam Adams- when I see an add now, I think of you! You would have been pleased to stay where I was at the Hartford Marriott (actually in Farmington) since they had a special running for $2.00 Sam Adams, including ale, with any meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.