Search

IAD-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 1999, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
IAD-LAX

June 24 UA 189 IAD-LAX A319

I tried to find a seat with empty middle seat and got assigned to 7A night before. Found out 7B is occupied at the airport and got the exit row, 9E. After I was boarded, I realized that window seats on row 10 have no front seats. The exit row on A319 has only 4 seats due to the exit door! I moved to 10F when the door was closed. I didn't have to worry about the legroom. Additionally the middel seat was empty.

The flight was about 3/4 full. The flight took off 30 min after the door was closed due to run away traffic jam. Except for the brief turbulence, the flight was fairely smooth. After lunch was served, the people started que up at the rear of plane for the bathroom. One of the reason I don't like narrow body for trancontinental flight is when food/drinks are served, you are stuck and not to mention no room to move around to stretch.

When a lady try to use the bathroom in FC, the flight attendent told her to use coach's even though there was 5-6 people in the line in the rear. BTW A319 has only 2 rows of FC.
I don't know about other things but bathroom? Other may dissagree but I say they should allow people to use FC's when necessary. BTW I had to wait 15 min (if not longer) in line.

The flight land but due to traffic on runway, the plane was on the taxi-way for another 20 min or so. When I finally got off the plane, the flight was 50 min late.

This was my first flight on A319. Seems to me A319/A320 are more comfortable seats than 757 but I can't really tell. All of my A319/A320 flight, I sat next to an empty seat.

As far as service is concern, I still give AA an edge on IAD-LAX flight specially on full-fare tickets. UA doen't distinguish how much you paid for the ticket. As I posted before AA tries to give something more for business travelers. So far, 0 out 5 segments on upgrades on UA vs 1 out 4 on AA while traveling on full-fare tickets. Best thing to do on UA is to try to get on less crowded flight. Hopely I have better luck next time.

Dan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.