Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AZ and AK with AA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thank you all for your kind comments!

hcuk94 ... yes, that sounds like the same Agent. He served at Mildenhall for quite a long time.

AvidFlyer1990 ... yes, Sixt did indeed come up with some good prices when I was researching. But Avis/BA almost matched on price, and with my BA and Avis status there were several additional benefits [including extra Avios]

TravellerFrequently ... agree on the AA 'uniforms'. It seems as though they can wear anything they like so long as it's blue! I find they present a very scruffy appearance, and certainly the ladies don't do much in the way of 'grooming'.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
I can recommend a cruise that goes into glacier bay. Great to watch and hear the ice calving off into the sea.
You can also get up close to a glacier by car or kayak in Juneau which as state capital is even more exciting than Anchorage. Not. Btw you can't drive there you have to go by boat.
Most surreal experience, lying in bed looking out of the window as a B 737 flew past very close by and lower than I was - The runway at Ketchikan is right by the sea channel.
We went with NCL. Very chilled.
Thank you, I will investigate.
I did a great itinerary from Vancouver two years ago going south to Los Angeles, but even the scenery around Vancouver wowed me, so I do need to head north.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Enjoyable trip report, thanks!

I remember my visit to that wildlife center; the mosquitoes were so thick you had to be jogging to keep them off, or swatting madly to avoid being exsanguinated.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I have been waiting for this since you departed as your TRs are just amazing. I did laugh out loud on a tube in London at your assistance priority and wheelchair for Aunty T after returning the car.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Thank you for a great read.

How did you like the temps here? Did you have a chance to enjoy some great Mexican food while here in the valley?

There is one picture in there right when you are leaving PHX-CLT and I don't recognize anything in that terminal that looks like T4 PHX!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you, gentlemen, your kind remarks are appreciated.

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Enjoyable trip report, thanks!
I remember my visit to that wildlife center; the mosquitoes were so thick you had to be jogging to keep them off, or swatting madly to avoid being exsanguinated.
I'm glad the mosquitos were having a day off!! I don't recall any interface with insects anywhere, at any time/

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I have been waiting for this since you departed as your TRs are just amazing. I did laugh out loud on a tube in London at your assistance priority and wheelchair for Aunty T after returning the car.
We both laughed [a bit] in a surprised manner

Originally Posted by enviroian
Thank you for a great read.

How did you like the temps here? Did you have a chance to enjoy some great Mexican food while here in the valley?
There is one picture in there right when you are leaving PHX-CLT and I don't recognize anything in that terminal that looks like T4 PHX!
Temps were lovely: 104ş-116ş IIRC. We do enjoy warm weather! Looking forward to returning in Spring.
Yes, we ate Sonoran Mex at Tortilla Flat - very tasty. One Beef and one Chicken, of whatever they're called [I get confused by their names - burritos?]. Less persuaded by the re-fried beans, although I appreciate they're an essential cultural addition!
The 'up and away' pic shows the hangars in the SW corner by the 7R threshold [he said confidently, having checked with Google Earth ]
Attached Images  
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191

OP this is the photo I was talking about. Where is this at T4 PHX?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
OP this is the photo I was talking about. Where is this at T4 PHX?
I'm guessing that's a mislabel as that looks to me like the end of concourse B at ANC.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes ... sorry folks! Taking random snaps at airports can lead to errors, especially when US Gate areas tend to look very similar!

All corrected now, and ... yes, that's ANC. i couldn't get a shot of those cute sculptures of piles of luggage, as people kept gathering around them,

Please forgive me ... I am old. and was very tired when compiling the TR over 2-3 days

Last edited by T8191; Jul 29, 2016 at 10:55 am
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes ... sorry folks! Taking random snaps at airports can lead to errors! All corrected now, and ... yes, that's ANC. i couldn't get a shot of those cute sculptures of piles of luggage, as people kept gathering around them,

Please forgive me ... I was very tired and old
Only on FT would people question a location of an airport picture. It's like the airport version of Name That Tune "I can name that airport in...."
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bloody FT Mobile App

Last edited by T8191; Jul 29, 2016 at 10:53 am
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrp96
Only on FT would people question a location of an airport picture. It's like the airport version of Name That Tune "I can name that airport in...."
haha ... who on Earth would think of doing something like that?

>>>> http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...orld-am-i.html
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

haha ... who on Earth would think of doing something like that?

>>>> http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...orld-am-i.html
Exactly!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
I know it's pretty silly but I had to ask since I'm at T4 every week and if there was a place I haven't been to I'd need to know lol
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I know it's pretty silly but I had to ask since I'm at T4 every week and if there was a place I haven't been to I'd need to know lol
Hey, it was a fair call. TRs should inform people, and inaccurate information doesn't help anyone

You have no idea how much time I/we spent trying to identify which meal was which on the homebound, even though they were in chronological order!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.