Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Bombardier CS100 commercial flight: Swiss ZRH-CDG on 15/07/2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

First Bombardier CS100 commercial flight: Swiss ZRH-CDG on 15/07/2016

Here are a few photos from the this morning first commercial Bombardier CS100 flight - Swiss LX638 from Zurich to Paris CDG:

Gate area in preparation for the first ever CSeries commercial flight. The celebrations were apparently toned down due to the tragic events in Nice.

Speech by Swiss Chief Commercial Officer Markus Binkert.

Special certificate presented to Thomas Lee, the world record holder for first flights on a new aircraft type.

Signing someone’s custom made tshirt.

Walking down the jetway.

A warm welcome onboard from the purser.

The CS100 cabin. Stepping onboard, I was surprised by how loud the air conditioning system was.

Row of 3 from the front.

Row of 3 from the back. ZIM slimline seats with an articulating tray table and a comfortable 30” pitch.

Large overhead bins. They seemed much larger than the Boeing Sky Interior bins on an aircraft I flew yesterday.

Big windows.

Showing the size of the windows.

Large bathrooms too.

Small screens at each row used for the safety demo and route information. I am not entirely convinced about how useful they are and whether they are visible to the people sitting in the aisle seats.

The scale model. Each passenger also received a commemorative first flight postcard.

Miss Switzerland 2013 helping out with the service. Here she is handing each passenger a small CS100 scale model (she also did the pre-landing chocolate round).

Pushback about 30 minutes late due to an APU issue causing us to lose our slot.

Not much of a crowd on the spotter terrace.

Powerful take off.

Climbing through the clouds.

Over Basel.

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. I would need to do a few more segments on the CSeries to judge it but I was definitely impressed by the bright airy cabin, the size of the windows and the overhead bins.

Snack and glass of bubby in a proper glass for this special flight. The service was s bit more chaotic than it could have been with those at the back of the plane (I was in row 24 of 26) receiving their drink 10 minutes before touchdown.

The CS100 performing the the very first satellite based approach into Paris CDG! If you look carefully, you can see a TGV Duplex in the photo.

Final approach.

Two Airfuel CDG crew obviously looking at a CSeries wing for the first time. It took them a while to figure out what to do...

HB-JBA being prepared for its return flight to CDG. Passengers flying from CDG got what looked like a nice a buffet and some gifts.

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. I would need to do a few more CSeries segments before judging it but I was very impressed by the airy cabin, the large windows and the overhead bins.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:07 pm

Thanks for the "first to fly" report! Plane looks great, look forward to trying it. One practical question on the overhead bins, can one bring standard carry-on bags onboard and place in those bins?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by view
Thanks for the "first to fly" report! Plane looks great, look forward to trying it. One practical question on the overhead bins, can one bring standard carry-on bags onboard and place in those bins?
Yes, absolutely. I would say with a bit of confidence that the bins are bigger than those on Boeing Sky Interior equipped Boeing 737s.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:31 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
the shot of the cabin from the rear makes the seats look super wide. People's shoulders actually have space between them!
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
Nice looking plane, Thanks for the pictures.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: FT
Very nice. Agreed. Those windows are huge.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hope these planes make it to the mainstream. Great features.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Interesting new plane😀
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Thanks for this TR! Really great to see the next generation of regional jets. Makes for a nice change from the monotonous 737s and A320s
Old Jul 17, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Nice report and pictures! I had the same question qabout the bins. Too bad you didnt have a banana for scale. Haha

So lucky to get a model as gift!
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:05 pm

Nice report. How was the noise level compared to A320/737?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Looks amazing! Would love to try one next time I'm in the area.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spark787
Nice report. How was the noise level compared to A320/737?
I found the air conditioning system very loud on the ground. Rather than the normal engine sound you'd hear on an A320 or Boeing 737, there was a rather squeaky noise during engine startup and taxiing. I also felt a good bit of vibration, in particular during climb and descent (at least my experience from tow 24).

To be honest, I would need to do a few more segments on it to judge because it might also be me over analysing it (being the first commercial flight).
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: FT
did you know carfield was also on the same flight? he seems to have stayed on it for a few flights....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...flight-lx.html
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Very cool that you were on the first flights. Thanks for sharing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.