Wiki Posts
Search

Air France La Premiere B777-300/ER Paris to Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too Many
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Uncommon because you can't redeem miles without being a Flying Blue elite, unless the Flying Blue agent is asleep and lets you book it. The TRs you see are mostly (all?) paid fares. I think some of what makes it great is that they fly very few seats on most of their planes, and they're fine letting it go out empty or with 1-2 pax. AF is my carrier of choice going to Europe from BOS, and I like to use miles for J and fly in the mini cabin right behind F. I've never seen more than 2 pax up there, and usually only 1.

La Premiere looks amazing and I'd love to fly it some day. It's doable for "only" $5k RT PHL-JFK-CDG-BCN/MAD with about 10 hours in CDG to enjoy the lounge or get out and see something. One day, it is definitely on my travel bucket list!

Check out fares ex Spain, italy, Eastern Europe and London, they are very reasonable fare on La Premiere. It is actually way CHEAPER when compare to SQ/EK etc...

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I'd never seen your blog before, but flipping through I saw Iran Air in your top 10 ahead of AF. Alright man, you just gained a new reader. I've never flown Iran Air, but I'm pretty sure whatever you're saying isn't going to be the cookie cutter crap posted everywhere else
Thanks, the ranking is base on my own preference. Iran Air is definitely something very special in every Avgeek's heart due to their Boeing classic operation.

Sam
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by UAL777
I paid a F class fare ex Madrid to Tokyo. The fare isn't too high in my opinion. There are a lot of reasonable F class fare from AF from Italy, Spain to Asia at $5000 roundtrip.

AF pilot have the authority and discretion to invite anyone include in Economy to visit the flight deck.
I saw this fares and it was a real bargain. Thought a few minutes about booking it, but I had simply no time and only for tasting the new product and a weekend trip it´s till too expensive
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:59 pm

That dinnerware is GORGEOUS. ^^
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:32 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

After seeig it again, it is a very good and detailed review. As jeremyn already mentioned, nice to see you posting here as well.

And by the way, congratulations to your instagram and youtube channel, which I follow for some time now.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Wow., I don't get seat envy often but those seats are amazing!

Many thanks for sharing, it really is appreciated by me
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Very nice report , those seats look so luxurious and comfy.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too Many
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
After seeig it again, it is a very good and detailed review. As jeremyn already mentioned, nice to see you posting here as well.

And by the way, congratulations to your instagram and youtube channel, which I follow for some time now.

Many thanks!

Originally Posted by Osmo
Wow., I don't get seat envy often but those seats are amazing!

Many thanks for sharing, it really is appreciated by me
Originally Posted by Martina70
Very nice report , those seats look so luxurious and comfy.

Thanks for all the lovely comments!

Cheers
Sam
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: UA 1K
Epic interaction in cockpit! Great report!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Thanks for posting. I few the new P recently and also had a great experience. My next P flight is on an A380, so the older seat. But it will be a day flight so I won't mind the lesser privacy. And I expect the overall experience to be roughly the same.

I haven't flown the QR A380 yet. Is it full privacy like AF with floor to ceiling curtains?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Great report! They seem to have become best of class. ^
IMHO they offer a much classier product than the plastic bling of the ME airlines, but everyone his own tastes.
I haven't flown in the new F cabin yet, but I can confirm that the ground and lounge experience in CDG is exceptional too.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Zembla
Great report! They seem to have become best of class. ^
IMHO they offer a much classier product than the plastic bling of the ME airlines, but everyone his own tastes.
I haven't flown in the new F cabin yet, but I can confirm that the ground and lounge experience in CDG is exceptional too.
Your comment reminded me - It looks like AF has stopped flying La Premiere to Boston, which means I probably will be tempted to buy up to the La Premiere ground services the next time I fly Business from BOS. Last time I looked, that buy up was only available if you were flying an aircraft without the F cabin.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
have to convince my wife to let me drop a few $$ to try this one!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by oneworld82
have to convince my wife to let me drop a few $$ to try this one!
Good luck😂
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
I love it how you always post in front of the crew - very humble looking and looking so happy that you have scored another picture!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! What a nice trips report. I'm so glad you enjoyed your trips. You always flying for a many times. Why you don't take a breaks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.