DELTA
DL 4253
Aircraft: CRJ700
Actual seat: 3A FIRST CLASS
Depart: JFK John F Kennedy airport
Arrive:YYZ (Toronto Pearson Airport)
Sched.Departure: 11:55am Actual Departure : 12:25pm
Sched.Arrival: 1:36pm Actual arrival: 2:04pm

About 2 month ago, I was a usual reading Boardingarea.com and came across a cheap fare from Toronto YYZ connecting in AMS to DSP Bali. $2600 CAD which I thought was crazy cheap to fly all the way to Bali even if it was from Toronto and not New York City where I live. I checked if they were having deals out of NYC and sure enough an amazing deal for $7000USD .... yeah totally not going to happen.
But nevertheless Its usually pretty cheap to fly from NYC to YYZ so I decided right there and then to bite the bullet and take a chance and see Bali for the first time. I would figure out the logistics later in the day since I was perusing tickets at 3am. Yeah I am one of those people that late night infomercial people love...Curses.

The cheap fare was for the month of June/July/August, I have a very busy travel work schedule during the summer. So the only time I could get a week to go was 4th of July week, so I decided to do it! So I shelled out $2600CAD and with the Canadian dollar being low it was definitely a bargain though I forgot how much I saved at the time. Last month I bought an extremely cheap ticket to Toronto from JFK for $139 on Delta and with my Diamond status it should be an easy upgrade to First.

2 months later and too many cocktails and not enough gym time to be in a speedo for Bali, It was time to fly!

I arrived at JFK at 10:30am for 11:55am flight which I soon found out was delayed. This time of day seemed to be quiet compared to the other times when there is lines for Mets game at TSA Pre-check, this morning there were only 2 people ahead of me... AMAZING!

Name:  IMG_2191.jpg
Views: 4966
Size:  402.8 KB
Name:  IMG_2195.jpg
Views: 4824
Size:  450.0 KB
Name:  IMG_2196.jpg
Views: 4807
Size:  459.2 KB

A leisurely stroll through JFK, 2 USCIS officers were walking in front of me and that it was a little funny to see one of them have an entry stamp in a gun holster. Made me smile.

Name:  IMG_2197.jpg
Views: 4837
Size:  772.0 KB

10mins later after walking from TSA to the skyclub, is that considered a work out. Like seriously how do I lose 10lbs before I arrive in Bali? haha
The Delta Skyclub at JFK T4 is their flagship lounge and its huge, with plenty of seating. My iPhone scanned I was welcomed into the lounge. I headed straight to my favorite machine, no not the fly machine at the gym but the starbucks coffee machine. I absolutely love it and the milk is so frothy just the way I like it, frothy!
Coffee in hand I headed to go sit outside on the terrace but unfortunately it was closed I guess due to the heavy rain last night. I had just arrived as they were charing breakfast and putting to the lunch food. One thing I love about JFK T4 skyclub is that they provide more hot food then just soup. I guess as the flagship lounge they should do something a little more upmarket especially when that lounge is used by other Skyteam airlines.

Name:  IMG_2199.jpg
Views: 4773
Size:  420.2 KB
Name:  IMG_2205.jpg
Views: 4767
Size:  441.1 KB
Name:  IMG_2203.jpg
Views: 4748
Size:  390.3 KB
Name:  IMG_2210.jpg
Views: 4720
Size:  529.4 KB
Name:  IMG_2211.jpg
Views: 4692
Size:  542.0 KB

Today they have Chicken cacciatore, pasta in a tomato sauce, zucchini of some sort. They also had garlic bread, and the usual US lounge fair of hummus, vegetables, cheese etc.

Finally after an hour in the lounge I head down to B43 which is t the far end where all the commuter jets depart. I was upgraded to the gate to 3A which surprisingly there was 6 seats before 4 elites were upgraded.
The door was closed and there were still 3 sets available in First. Flight time would be 55mins. Pre-departure drinks were handed out and were not collected till we reached 10,000 feet.

Name:  IMG_2214.jpg
Views: 4740
Size:  441.6 KB

The second I heard the "ding" I decided to watch a movie on Delta studio on gogo wifi. I haven't flown in a month and this is where I normally catch up and watch movies. So There are several new movies well, old that I want to see.

So "How to Be Single" was on my list. I only got 40mins till the system shut down, but oddly the system didn't shut down till the wheels touched down on the tarmac! I will hopefully get to see the rest on the KLM flight tonight or wait till I come home in a week.

I grabbed my carry-on from plane side and headed to Immigration. 2 years ago I got Nexus card (cross border trusted traveler) and which was the best investment in my travels. From plane side to outside it took 7mins.

I now had a day to chill in Toronto.

Last edited by nycflyer75; Jul 17, 2016 at 11:21 am
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:33 pm

Subscribed. These cheap klm fares keep popping up. I'll have to jump on one soon.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Subscribed. These cheap klm fares keep popping up. I'll have to jump on one soon.
+1
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Part 1: JFK-YYZ
Part 2: KLM Crown Lounge YYZ
Part 3: YYZ-AMS
Part 4: Amsterdam
Part 5: AMS-SIN
Part 6: SIN-DPS
Part 7: W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak
Part 8: DPS airport Premier Lounge
Part 9: DPS-SIN
Part 10: SIN-AMS
Part 11: AMS-YYZ
Part 12: YYZ-JFK

I arrived just after 2pm quick an easy using my Nexus card, now my scheduled flight was at 10:55pm, but I had carry-on so I was contemplating if I should head into Toronto or try and get on the earlier flight at 5:30pm. So I decided to head to the counter. I was waiting in the sky priority next up to to the counter and the young girl stood up and yelled down to economy, next in line. Hold up oh hell no I was ready to give her some NYC diva but a KLM army like manager stopped the the pressing economy folks and waved me over. I just looked at her and thought seriously! But I need her to help me get on the next flight so I just smiled my expensive pearly whites at her.

I said I was on the later flight and I had just arrived in from the US and wonder if there was a possibility if I could get on the other flight. I knew there was at least 4 seats available for purchase in Business. She typed away and then handed me a boarding pass.... for 10:55pm WTH. She completely ignored my request then said I couldn't check in my carry-on (I have a day with friends in Amsterdam and wanted to check my carry-on through to Bali) I would have to come back at 7pm. I was so flustered I thought fine I need to get some work done anyways so I left, head hung low I had failed.

I decided not to go into Toronto and just wait at the airport and do some work and get some Tim Hortons! Love me some timmy ho's!
I spent some time in the cool Canadian summer and then went back in to write from the beginning of the trip report.

Name:  IMG_2218 (1).jpg
Views: 3485
Size:  480.0 KB

Finally after many hours hanging around I went back to the desk, checked in my carry-on and headed to security.

I was able to skip the lengthy line and go right to the front since I have a nexus card. BAM!! Yaaaaasssss! Toast to that.

I walked to through a duty free section to C32 to take an elevator to the lounge.

I had heard the lounge was a bit of a shambles from some bloggers BUT the moment I walked in I was very surprised how modern it was. There was lots of seating with lots of nooks to chill and write a report. It had been renovated not long ago.

Name:  IMG_2216 (1).jpg
Views: 3442
Size:  525.7 KB

The buffet was not too bad with some hot dishes that included Vegetable samosa's, vegetable Lasagna, and some sort of asian dish with rice. It had an ok assortament of liquor and wine, sparkling wine but nothing exciting.
Overall the lounge was quiet nice. I spent 3 hours chilling out in the lounger drinking sparking water and sparking wine and finished the evening with a mimosa, I need that vitamin C

I researched and saw that AZ flight was delayed by almost 3hrs and that was the only other flight from Terminal 3 that would be departing around the same time as KLM. But overall it was very relaxing in the lounge.
The wifi was fast. So I got a lot of work done. The lounge dragon - Khaleesi came around and told us the flight was boarding. I spent another 20mins before I finally went down to the gate, with only a handful of stragglers waiting to board.

Exhausting started to set in but I was ready for my first long haul flight on KLM across the Atlantic.

Name:  IMG_2237 (1).jpg
Views: 3432
Size:  339.7 KB

Name:  IMG_9044 (1).jpg
Views: 3442
Size:  218.2 KB
Attached Images       

Last edited by nycflyer75; Jul 17, 2016 at 11:21 am
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:48 am
Original Poster

KLM
KL696
Aircraft: 772
Actual seat: 5G Business Class
Depart: YYZ (Toronto Pearson Airport)
Arrive:AMS (Schiphol)
Sched.Departure: 10:55pm Actual Departure : 10:45pm
Sched.Arrival: 12:05pm Actual arrival: 11:20am

After a few hours relaxing in the lounge and stuffing my face, with thoughts of speedo wearing nycfly75 in Bali is going right out the window! I left Canada and headed down the jet bridge to to the big blue whale.

I was welcomed on board by a cheerful purser and turned left to my seat 5G. I chose the middle section aisle since I tend to get up a lot. KLM has new business class seats which are quite nice, however they are still 2x2x2 though on their new 787-9 all seats have aisle access. I will be experiencing that on my flight from SFO-AMS-IST during thanksgiving, which is going to be a whole other trip report with another business class sale.

I was promptly offered champagne or juice, and guess what I chose? CHAMPAGNE! I just love it! evervessent bubbles. The load was light tonight and thankfully I had no one next to me. A few minutes after I settled down a lady who was crying hysterically boarded and sat one row in front of me. She was so upset, people were turning around, giving her the death stares. Canadians give a death stare? No they were Dutch haha. Finally the purser had to calm her down.

Doors were shut and we headed to the runway. As per usual with every airline BUT US based carrier the seat belt sign was turned off after a few minutes after take-off and we were able to move around the cabin. I decided to wait to put on my Thai Airways first class PJ's and checked out the Entertainment system.

I was so full from eating in the lounge, I am so not wearing a speedo now, more like a kaftan. But I flyer talk peer pressure I decided to eat the full meal, though I would make a major effort to only eat half or just have a taste. I mean its for the trip report :P

Champagne was served and a delicious meal entailed. As luck would have it I got to watch the end of How to be Single and for one of the many reasons why I love watching moves on a plane, if the movie sucks I didn’t spend $20 seeing it at a movie theater. Well this movie kinda of sucked!

After the meal service I had 5hrs left and I desperately needed to sleep, unfortunately I was coming in and out of sleep because I was sweating like a hooker in church, it was so hot in the cabin Burning inferno, New York Summer heat, I even asked to have it turned down but I guess they can’t or won’t needless to say I think I only got 2hrs of sleep. I should have bought one of those portable fans, or higher an assistant to fan me while I sleep....oh...nevermind lol

I awoke to the smell of breakfast! but I was still so full I decided on coffee and orange juice to try and boost my energy sorry I couldn't bare anymore more food.

We landed in Amsterdam quiet early due to strong tail winds but as like most places the gate was occupied but we were still early which was nice, so my day in Amsterdam got a fraction longer.

This was my first experience with KLM on their long haul flight and I have to say a much as I enjoyed the service, I wasn’t a fan of the heat in the cabin, especially for an overnight flight. I think once KLM upgrades every seat to have aisle access I think it would be a far better product.

Things have changed a lot at Schiphol and I quiet like the layout. I headed to the KLM lounge for another coffee then headed down to Immigration which had a long line before finally meeting some Facebook friends who decided to show me around Amsterdam for the day. Sometimes social media can be annoying but meeting so many people around the world then becoming actual friends live in person is great.

Next stop…Amsterdam.
Attached Images          

Last edited by nycflyer75; Jul 17, 2016 at 11:07 am
Old Jul 1, 2016, 3:10 am
Original Poster

I have always connected through Schiphol Amsterdam airport to another EU airport but have never ventured out. This time, luck would have it that I would have 9hr layover. I met some friends on Facebook whom live in Amsterdam (connection through the work I do) and they offered to show me around Amsterdam. I was extremely excited to see a new European city and meet my new friends in person.

They kindly picked me up from the airport and we took the train into Amsterdam Centraal. I bought a day return for 9.50 euros.

We spent the whole day walking around, drinking coffee, eating some random food, like Croquettes from a vending machine, though it was tasty. Honestly I wasn’t hungry most of the day, but the walking sure did me good, maybe I will put on that speedo, ha who am I kidding! But even though I spend pretty much 9 hours on my feet I did enjoy wandering the beautiful picturesque City. And oh boy can we just talk about how gorgeous the guys and girls…ok more so guys are in Amsterdam. I was taking lots of random snapchats of the Amsterdam Hotties! GORGEOUS!

They took me everywhere and one of the interesting areas of Amsterdam is the red light district, just fascinated about those women who are hanging out teasing and seducing men as they walk by! No such luck ladies, these boys don’t swing that way

After spending an amazing day in Amsterdam and getting to know my new friends whom have already invited me to stay with them the next time I come through which I will most do, they dropped me off back at Amsterdam Centraal walking me all the way to the train, and as the train departed waved good-bye to me. I felt like it was an old world charm that is lost on society today. I throughly enjoyed my day in Amsterdam.

The train took 15mins or so, I happened to get on a train that was direct to the airport. Since I already had a boarding pass, I headed straight to the scanners that let you through, quiet interesting. Then you get to a new central security screening area and then waited about 5-8mins to get stamped out of the country. The only good thing is that the new security and passport area bring you right out next to the KLM lounge.

I went into the lounge, grabbed a glass of bubbly, collapsed for a few minutes then quickly used the wifi and then headed to the gate. But this stage I could be standing and fall asleep, I was fighting the exhausting which hit me like a ton of bricks or sunday morning after a night out in Hells Kitchen (NYC), but obviously before Champagne Brunch which always makes things feel good again. Ok I went off a tangent there.
I was EXHAUSTED all I wanted to do now was sleep. Boarding had begun at 8:10pm and so at 8:30pm I headed down to the gate.
I will write a report on the KLM lounge on the way back, since I was in a rush this time.

Amsterdam you are gorgeous!
Attached Images         

Last edited by nycflyer75; Jul 17, 2016 at 11:08 am
Old Jul 1, 2016, 3:28 am
Original Poster

KLM
KL835
Aircraft: 773
Actual seat: 5F World Business Class (old seat)
Depart:AMS (Schiphol)
Arrive:SIN (Sinapore Changi)
Sched.Departure: 8:55pm Actual Departure : 9:20pm
Sched.Arrival: 3:25pm Actual arrival: 3:55pm

Soon after leaving the lounge I arrived at E-19 and boarding was almost complete, I decided to hang back for a few more moments to stay on the free airport wifi before being disconnected from the world. After multiple times rechecking, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and getting hilarious responses from my close friends on snapchat about my precarious random photos of hot Amsterdamers, I noticed I was the last one.They were staring me down to board the flight. I entered the forward airbridge where a delightful older lady greeted me with a beautiful smile. I went to my seat in the last row middle section. Thankfully the middle seat wasn’t occupied. seats are 2x3x2 (awful)

Name:  IMG_2306.jpg
Views: 3568
Size:  379.4 KB

I began my ritual of getting prepared for departure. Chargers, Bose headphone out, and good camera out and stowed underneath. The seats are extremely old and worn though the only thing I do like is the foot well is wide so I can move my feet around. These were angled lie flat beds.

I was offered Champagne, water and orange juice and decided to make a mimosa! Why not, right! The flight crew were quite friendly. The cabin temperature was at a much more humane setting. Though I still wish KLM had individual air vents.
Departure was delayed due to the cargo hold not finished. We sat for another 25mins before heading out to the closest runway bound for Singapore. I could feel myself already drifting off like those little old ladies on the bus, heads just nodding forward.

A few moments later the seat belt sign was turned off and I went straight for the bathroom, which has some great products, my favorite being the rose water mister which kept the skin hydrated during the flight. I usually travel with an evian spray bottle but the Rose water with Lavender smelled delightful.

I was offered Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reservé champagne which I drink back home in NYC and ordered a glass of sparkling water with lemon. I was offered Cheese or nuts I opted for the nuts though I do like cheese a lot.

Name:  IMG_9103.jpg
Views: 3308
Size:  358.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9104.jpg
Views: 3289
Size:  350.1 KB

The purser came around and was cheerful man with such gusto, he made me smile then he commented on how perfect and white my teeth were, to which I just gave him an even bigger grin. Compliments will get you everywhere fine sir! Of course I didn’t tell him how much work I had done on perfecting my teeth. haha But needless to say the compliment put a pep in my step!

After me glowing in this moment he asked me what I would like to order. More compliments please, no just joking…maybe.. but then I though ooooh food time again so I ordered the chicken meatballs for dinner. First up was a tasty tomato soup with salad then the chicken meatballs which may not look Parisan style presentation more of its sit around the wood table and eat hearty food by the fire, but it tasted absolutely delicious. I do like meat balls!

Name:  IMG_9105.jpg
Views: 3248
Size:  349.1 KB

My glass was always refilled and the moment from eating the chicken meatballs to being offered dessert, I passed out for what seems 4 days but woke just in time again for dessert. How is it I always I know when food is coming to be awake for it, or taking the subway home and falling a sleep but always know to wake before my stop.

I decided to be piggy and asked for the mousse AND the frozen yoghurt. Ok you and I both know this wishful thinking of wearing a speedo with 12 pack abs with a glowing tan in Bali is just the cover of some random magazine and I will be in board shorts peeling like a lobster trying to hold in my gut from all the food I have consumed in 34hours. As I was thinking that I was shoving the mouse into my mouth like it was a tic tac! Ye I did taste it for a moment before engulfing it.

Name:  IMG_9106.jpg
Views: 3240
Size:  373.5 KB

I was offered coffee and chocolates and for a lack of a better word, I showed my pearly whites and nodded. I am going to need to get one of the pregnant lady pants extenders!

Within moments of table being cleared I headed to the bathroom to prepare for bed and boy did I crash, 6hrs later I woke groggy but far more alive then when I arrived in Amsterdam.

With a few more hours to go and knowing that I wanted to sleep tonight when I arrived in Bali I decided to get up and try and remain awake for the rest of the flight. So what a better way to pass the time then write the rest of my trip report I grabbed some snacks, more chocolates curses…. oranges juice and settled down to write.

Breakfast was served two hours out of Singapore. There was certainly a lot on offer for breakfast and was quiet good.

Name:  IMG_9107 (1).jpg
Views: 3231
Size:  332.7 KB

The friendly purser came by to hand us those little dutch houses "KLM Delft Blue houses" I had to look it up, I thought the pursuer said DILF ok so no, not DILF. Which means something totally different in my mind! ha!

We landed about 20 mins late and everyone was asked to disembark the plane. So I headed straight to the Dnata lounge. I assumed no one who was continuing on was told about the lounge.
I was asked if I was arriving and told the I was transiting on KL 835 to Bali and I was let in

Name:  IMG_9108.jpg
Views: 3276
Size:  333.5 KB

Name:  IMG_9110.jpg
Views: 3240
Size:  535.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9111.jpg
Views: 3237
Size:  473.7 KB
Guess what I did first, I got on wifi and checked my Facebook, Instagram, twitter and Snapchat and of course my emails but that is always full of work stuff so I almost didn’t bother reading through.

Dnata lounge was quiet empty and I really only had time to get a cappuccino and sit for a moment. I soon headed back to the gate and ready to board the final leg.

Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:15 am
Original Poster

KLM
KL835
Aircraft: 773
Actual seat: 5F World Business Class (old seat)
Depart: SIN (Singapore Changi)
Arrive: DPS (Depansar)
Sched.Departure: 4:50pm Actual Departure : 5:10pm
Sched.Arrival: 7:25pm Actual arrival: 7:35pm

Singapore has security at each gate and in moments I was through since I was one of the last people and there was a sky priority lane close to the window that bypassed economy. As I stepped onto the same aircraft that I came in on from Amsterdam, I saw that the entire Business class was almost completely full with 2 seats remained open, both being the center section, and my luck I didn’t have the seat next to me free this time. A German straight couple whom I think were on their honeymoon were enjoying drinking champagne, frolicking taking lots of photos and very much in love! How cute and here’s me traveling alone around the world, then theres people like Ben Schlepping (lucky from One mile at a time) with an amazing life and his gorgeous boo Ford! Now thats a travel life made in heaven!

There were only 4 other people continuing on to Bali from Amsterdam. At the last moment the cheerful purser was getting on the aircraft and sat in front. He was on his way to Bali for some good times He was even more cheerful to get to Bali, he must have a boo there or something, or am I just a totally jaded New Yorker from The Hells Kitchen neighborhood! HA
Flight time would be 2hrs 10min. I decided to not have champagne and stick to orange juice, yes that moment finally arrived that I couldn’t have any more alcohol, I was done! No more!

We were about 20mins behind but boarding was quick and take off almost felt like moments later. Service began quickly but this time I was so full and over drinking an actually just wanted to get to Bali, so I decided on drinking orange juice (yes even still no alcohol, the boys back home in HK would be disappointed in me lol). The though popped into my mind that perhaps I won’t eat, I honestly don’t need anymore more food but I thought about this trip report so I gave in to peer pressure, yes I am blaming flyer talk for my eating haha.

I ordered the lasagna with a bolognese sauce and to be honest it wasn’t good, The meat sauce was ok but the rest not for me. So I ate jus a few bites. So we both win, I ordered the food didn’t taste good so I really didn’t eat it
The service was friendly and proficient and I do enjoy the KLM flight attendants.

The 2hrs and 10mins seemed very short and moments later we were touching down in Bali. I had ordered a car from the W hotel, just a regular Toyota hoping for the BMW X5 series instead which I read they often do for their SPG elites.

Soon as we landed there was a mad dash towards immigration, What is there a sale or something, why are they running with children in tow. Nevertheless I walk fast and my passport was stamped and I was in Bali! Finally! Now just a quick wait for the luggage and bam I am off to the W Bali! The belt started and sky priority bags starting coming off, well lets just say I started to panic when I was still standing there a half hour later and most people had there bags. Guess who’s bag came out at the very end…Yes mine! So much for Sky Priority! But I was just happy to get my bag, it was going to suck if I didn’t get my bag and I pretty much had been wearing the same clothes for 2 days in a row… long long long travel day!

As you walk towards customs, you have to put your bags through a scanner, just like you do in Argentina, Mexico. I walked out into the heat of the airport. Yes the heat, the building was air-conditioned but was open plan so yo could feel the heat and humidity. I was met by W Bali representative and he walked me out to wait for the car. Within second I was dripping wet in sweat. It was gross! I felt like I was in a sauna. It must have just rained and I thought to myself, where is this damn car get me into air-conditioning. I felt sweat dripping, no not dripping gushing down my body like a waterfall. Was it that I drank and ate to much? What someone tell me ha!

Finally the car arrived….Toyota. Dope! But soon as the door was opened it was like walking into a meat section of supermarket…. Argh it was amazing who cares how I get to the W I just need air. I was a happy camper!

Hello Bali!
Attached Images  

Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:16 am
Original Poster

W BALI
The drive to the hotel was ridden with major traffic and mopeds zipping by in random formations. It was insane to watch. It took almost 45mins to get to the hotel yet, it should only be a 15min drive, but traffic was just chaotic. As I arrive at the W driving down a long drive way, we were stopped by security sweepers checking the car, and as I turned to my left a saw a man with a machine gun. A MACHINE GUN!!!! The only comforting thing was he was smiling. I guess there is a high security threat in Bali. I mean I live in NYC where from time to time, you will see the army its their machine guns around time square not so much these days compared to way back after the aftermath of 9/11 or when we went to war thereafter. Anyways the drive down to the hotel was gorgeous.I was ushered to the open air front desk once again profusely sweating! I was asked which amenities I would like and I said the Breakfast and confirmed 4pm late check out from my Villa.

Name:  IMG_9251.jpg
Views: 1729
Size:  504.4 KB

Name:  IMG_9250.jpg
Views: 1761
Size:  391.5 KB

Name:  IMG_9249.jpg
Views: 1722
Size:  387.8 KB

Name:  IMG_9245.jpg
Views: 1730
Size:  443.7 KB

Name:  IMG_9233.jpg
Views: 1728
Size:  419.6 KB

I was taken by a buggy to the villa which seemed like for ever and they would pick me up anytime just by dialing Whenever/Whatever, as I was being driven the driver told me that it was one way streets and it was not that far. He opened my villa door and I remained calm but inside I was screaming like a little girl at a Justin Bieber meet and greet. The Villa was STUNNING in true W hotel spirit. As I walked around the massive room I couldn’t help but smile!!! As I walked over to the glass table I saw a welcome gift. Now I am grateful for the welcome gifts that W hotels have offered me in the past but this had to to be the mot underwhelming gift I have ever received. No note on the card, and a strawberry chocolate bar. Obviously they don’t have to give me anything and had this been my first time I would have been delighted to see a chocolate bar but just in my experiences around the world W have out done themselves so compared to that this was just bland. I stood there for a second thinking about this and then in true fashion shoved it all in my mouth ha!

I decided to go skinny dipping in my gorgeous pool, and to be honest it was exhilarating and refreshing. I said up until 11pm and then I crashed for the rest of the night to wake at 6am. Finally I got a good nights sleep in a COLD room

Name:  IMG_9212.jpg
Views: 1718
Size:  548.2 KB

Name:  IMG_9209.jpg
Views: 1770
Size:  746.9 KB

Name:  IMG_9227.jpg
Views: 1684
Size:  747.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9225.jpg
Views: 1698
Size:  671.7 KB

Name:  IMG_9224.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  434.7 KB
I mad some coffee and sat in bed for along time till I ventured to the gym. Well luck would have it I was right next to the entrance of the hotel. So I definitely don’t need a buggy though I might it rains lol

I was so wide awake, I worked out hard core for 2hrs. I was also feeling mighty guilty about all the food I had consumed. Afterwards I took another dip in my pool, naked of course. Who needs a speedo!!!

I ventured to Starfish Bloo restaurant for buffet breakfast. I saw a sign that said breakfast for Villa guest! What I get free breakfast for staying in the villa? Why did I ask for the breakfast amenity then???

The layout was spectacular and the view stunning! The buffet was gorgeous and ridiculously amazing. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I mean Ice-cream, cakes, candy, Sushi, asian food, Indonesia food and the usually western breakfast. I timed it so that I would eat breakfast and lunch in one sitting and take a couple of sandwiches back to my villa. There Is also apples everywhere that could tied me over. needless to say I at EVERYTHING. grazing like a cow for 2 hours. Once I was done I ventured around the property which is just gorgeous but the HEAT, it going to take me a minute to get used to this. At least it wasn’t as humid like the night before.

I decided to head back to the villa to relax and write my report and do some other work. Unfortunately just because I am in Bali doesn’t mean I can completely disconnect. I remember going on vacation with me family as a kid and that was true disconnect from the world, where my dad would actual smile again and not be so stressed with work.

later that afternoon, it began to rain. Torrential rain, the kind that you are soaked in 2 seconds. so what do I decide to do, go swimming of course! I had such a great time frolicking in the water like a kid.

That night I decided to stay in and get room service. The attention to detail when placing the room service was probably the best I have seen. Over all I Can’t help but love the Balinese people, who have such a genuine smile in their service and take pride in what they do. My full day had come to an end and with that I retired for the night.

Then next morning I began the same ritual opened the curtain to the view of my pool and drank coffee, ate an apple then went to the gym. This time I decided to try out the Fire restaurant for breakfast which is part of my amenities well I have to say I was a little disappointed in what was on offer. It was pretty much the same thing but less options as the other restaurant. So I think I will spend my next two days at the other restaurant and with a much better morning view!

I next sat by the main pool area reading and couldn’t help how there were so many young gorgeous people with 12 pack abs by the pool. I liked that most people were either younger or around my age. The view was definitely nice

The next morning I decided to head back to Starfish Bloo which is a far better Breakfast spot. After eating everything under the sun, I headed back to my villa for a quick swim. The night before I booked online a spa session just outside the entrance to the W. I called Whatever/When ever and they sent a bug to pick me up and take me to the entrance which is quite far.

Right across the street is Amo Spa and I booked a 3 hour Tour, I mean massage. Yes a 3 HOUR MASSAGE and get this, for 3 hours it was a whopping $44, yes $44 are you kidding me, I need to do this 3 times a week! You can’t even get 15mins in NYC for $44. You have a choice of Male or Female attendant and I decided on a guy. I was taking up to a room and asked to put on flimsy black disposable underwear. Well the massage was fantastic, deep tissue massage and I had ever inch from my back, to my butt to my legs and feet worked on. That was 2 hours then headed downstairs for an hour foot reflexology session. Honestly the best massage I have ever had! Truly amazing. Though I was Sore AF. So I thought getting another one the next day might not be a good idea. But I was ready to get a facial, Eyelash extension the works but then I thought I needed to calm down. I am like my mom at at Barney’s warehouse sale! Crazy! I highly recommend Amo Spa!

The next two days were filled with pretty much the same thing. I do have to say Starfish Bloo, knew me by name and Villa number and greeted me as such when ever they saw me, the attention to detail truly made me feel like a rock star. The smiles and joy that the staff show is incredible. The hotel on its own it stunning but the staff have made me vow to return to Bali more, even though its on the other side of the world for me. I checked out of my Villa at 4pm and was promptly picked up and taken to the villa reception to check out. I decided to take the car service to the airport at 5pm so I could finish writing this report.

I have had the most fantastic time I have ever had in the world. This place was truly magical and I wish I could be here for a month, but alas I gotta go home and pay the bills! I didn’t spend very much money while I was in Bali so it id definitely doable from someone coming from the other side of the world.

Bali you’ve been amazing and now its time for me to make the long trek home.

Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, KrisFlyer, FlyingBlue
very nice report sir...

especially the photos of Amsterdam...

the KLM's foods are unique...

and I'm still curious about your Bali experience in Seminyak...

thanks...
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Love the sense of humour. Cannot wait for the rest!!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Great TR

AMS is amazing - totally love that city

Bali - hope you are having a great time, and have managed to find Jalan Dhana Pura which hops from about 2200 till 0400

Bali Joes, Facebar, Mixwell - great shows and the fun spills out onto the streets

Enjoy

If you have any Bali Q my husband and I have a home there - we have a few contacts and know the place pretty good, so just PM

Enjoy
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:45 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by nycflyer75
I decided not to go into Toronto and just wait at the airport and do some work and get some Tim Hortons! Love me some timmy ho's!
just "Timmies" ...
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: FT
nice tr the yyz klm lounge was renovated less than 6 months ago it is a huge improvement
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:58 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
The fare between Singapore and Bali is ridiculously cheap for KLM world business class. Definitely a nice way to get between the two cities, if not for the awkward timings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.